Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Is it true MUAs charge a few thousand for kallah face?!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 11:24 pm
My dd heard that good makeup artists are charging 2-5 thousand to do kallas face the day of the wedding. Is this true?

amother
Darkblue  

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 11:27 pm
It depends which ones but yes they’re expensive. It also includes other faces (usually 3-4 others) and travel within an hour or two. Plus they stay to after the chuppah for touch ups

ETA- I do NOT think these prices are okay. And I’m referring to top instagram MUAs

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 11:30 pm
I got married 3 years ago, excellent makeup artist, it was $350, including travel fee. No touchups. Each additional face was $120

amother
Kiwi

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 11:33 pm
My sister just got married in Monsey. My mother called close to 20 different numbers. She got prices from $500 to $3600. (we're from OOT so seems like insanity to us)

amother
Stoneblue

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 11:40 pm
No. I had two dds who got married in the last year. We used 2 top makeup artists. The more expensive one charged $1200 for the bride plus 3 faces.

I'm sure you can find people who charge more, but these are really top. They both did an incredible job. We're located in Lakewood.

kenz

Post Sun, Jul 28 2024, 11:41 pm
amother Kiwi wrote:
My sister just got married in Monsey. My mother called close to 20 different numbers. She got prices from $500 to $3600. (we're from OOT so seems like insanity to us)

I’m from in town and it seems like insanity to me too. A few hundred I can hear, but thousands? It’s not surgery!

amother
  Darkblue

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 8:25 am
Not sure why I got hugged, I wasn’t saying that I agree with the prices. The only MUA I know that charge that are the instagram influencer ones

Chayalle  

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 8:29 am
No one's forcing anyone to go to them....
My DD recently got married, and we used a makeup artist we love (she did previous DD too, and also for their vorts. We've been really happy with her, she does a great job, it lasts, and she's so easygoing and relaxing to go to on day of wedding......) She was $250 for the Kallah and I thought that was expensive enough, but allowed it for DD's special day.

Simple1

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 8:34 am
amother OP wrote:
My dd heard that good makeup artists are charging 2-5 thousand to do kallas face the day of the wedding. Is this true?

Packages often include mother and sisters. Also they may charge extra to go to the hall and maybe do touch ups after the chuppah. But as with any service there will be a range of prices from newbies to best in the field.

Last edited by Simple1 on Mon, Jul 29 2024, 8:38 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Poppy

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 8:35 am
No. That's exaggerated. The top MUAs in Monsey charge within the $1000 -$1600 range and include Kallah plus 3 faces, travel time and touch ups after.

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 9:30 am
amother OP wrote:

There are definitely makeup artists that will charge you that much. There are also ones that charge a couple hundred.

I'm friendly with a girl who's one of these aforementioned "Instagram influencer makeup artists" and she told me herself that if she notices that people can't afford her she encourages them not to spend on her. She's not trying to take advantage of people. Some people do have the money/value her style enough that they're okay shelling out a nice amount, but it's not worth going into crazy debt for.

I've been to friends weddings where the makeup was done by newbies, the kallah herself or fancy Instagram names. And yes, not every makeup artist was equally talented. But I can think of a few newbies that did a great job and the girl who did her own makeup looked amazing as well.

It's not like the fancy makeup artist signs her name on your face, no one's going to know the difference between prices.. as long as they are someone you can trust to do a good job.

amother
Daphne

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 9:35 am
Unless a girl is DRAMATICALLY UGLY and unappealing, there's no reason for thousands of dollars in makeup artistry. A good makeup artist at a decent rate should be able to make a kallah look gorgeous.

amother
Watermelon

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 9:39 am
I might vomit.

amother
Lightgray

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 9:40 am
I used the same makeup artist twice she charged under 2,000. It included everyone in the family's face. It included an additional service. The makeup artist stayed until after the chupah
She took care of the kallah in 3 ways. The Kallah's gown, hair and face. We were all able to go to her for (very minor) touch-ups after the chuppah. The second wedding she felt like family already. I hope she will be available next wedding be"h. I would never pay above 2,000 for a Kallah face!

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 9:44 am
amother Daphne wrote:
Unless a girl is DRAMATICALLY UGLY and unappealing, there's no reason for thousands of dollars in makeup artistry. A good makeup artist at a decent rate should be able to make a kallah look gorgeous.

I agree.
I do think it's a great idea to see if you like the MUA's style before using her, but there are plenty in decent price ranges that do a great job.
My DD used a newbie for Shabbos Sheva Brachos (our regular MUA wasn't available) and she did not like the job at all. I wouldn't say it was because she was a newbie, but just, not her style. Didn't like the way she chose colors, how it came out......

ahappygirl12

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 9:46 am
Wow that's crazy! I got married 3 yrs ago. Paid $250 for mine. For my mother and siblings was $150 a face. A well known mua in the community .... (and we are "in town")

amother
Whitewash

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 9:50 am
Ridiculous that makeup people are charging such insane rates and even more Ridiculous that people are dumb enough to pay that much.

Of course it ruins the industry because if the "top" people charge so much people feel like they are getting bad service if they actually pay a normal price. And it kinds of normalizes these insane prices. But such is the world today where people are so fixated on their looks and keeping up that they do crazy things they can't afford. And then cry they have no money.

amother
Obsidian

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 10:37 am
You can definitely find it for much less. And you know what , instead of paying $1000, you can just get it done by any make up artist for 150-300$. No need to tell them you’re a kallah. The extra TLC isn’t worth the expense.

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 10:50 am
I got mine done for my wedding recently in Lakewood for 115- and was extremely happy with the results.

I called around and got quotes up to 250 I think.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries