Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Need new doctor in 5t/WH area

balebusta613

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 2:01 pm
I'm moving and need a new doctor. I am so sad to leave my current doctor who I love and who is respectful of my vaccination decisions - I will give what is necessary for school but don't want to start until baby is at least 18m, preferably 2 if I can swing it. Need someone in the area who won't give me an issue with this. All suggestions welcome, TIA!

Tiredmom3

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 12:36 pm
Did you find anyone?

amother
Electricblue

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 12:55 pm
Good luck. No dr in this area will let you do that. If u want to travel a bit out u can prob find. I know there is one in queens that someone suggested to me here. U can check Dr green mom for a list of providers. But none of the mainstream practices that all the frum pple use will allow that.

Tiredmom3

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 1:06 pm
Can tou share the info for the queens doc?

amother
Electricblue

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 2:23 pm
Someone here dm me a while ago. I’ll try to look through when I have time.

Tiredmom3

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 6:09 pm
Ty, actually just found a few more local from the list you recommended, so no need to make yourself nuts. Tysm!

balebusta613

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 4:37 pm
Tiredmom3 wrote:
Ty, actually just found a few more local from the list you recommended, so no need to make yourself nuts. Tysm!

who are you going to in the end? I only found one so far in garden city but they aren't taking new patients Sad

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 4:39 pm
I believe there are one or more doctors at Long Island pediatrics who will allow you to space and delay (I don’t know about totally skipping) although it’s not the official office policy. I could be mistaken though.

balebusta613

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 4:41 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
I believe there are one or more doctors at Long Island pediatrics who will allow you to space and delay (I don’t know about totally skipping) although it’s not the official office policy. I could be mistaken though.

thank you that's helpful - that's basically what my previous doctor was. do you know which ones?

amother
Electricblue

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 4:42 pm
Tiredmom3 wrote:

Ooohh I’m curious who?

amother
Electricblue

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 4:43 pm
balebusta613 wrote:
who are you going to in the end? I only found one so far in garden city but they aren't taking new patients Sad

Dr Martocci?
Are u sure he’s not taking new patients? I know someone that got in a few months ago for a baby-not a newborn like maybe 9 months?

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 6:56 pm
balebusta613 wrote:
thank you that's helpful - that's basically what my previous doctor was. do you know which ones?

I don’t know, I don’t use them. It’s just what I’ve heard. I can find out after shabbos if you remind me.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 7:00 pm
amother Electricblue wrote:
Ooohh I’m curious who?

I’d love to know who also, if you don’t mind posting. Also, whoever had that list, can you please either post it or send it to me? Thanks so much!

balebusta613

Post Yesterday at 8:06 pm
We're doing valley stream pediatrics in the end - it doesn't sound like they have a hard line rule about a schedule but that they do want to vaccinate at some point. I told them I wanted to wait until baby is older and space out the shots and they said that was okay. will see what else they say when we go in for our first apt
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics