Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Yuntif food boxes

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 8:38 am
We have been struggling financially for a while now, with the rising costs of EVERYTHING and tuition exponentially increased, we can not make our monthly bills. BH, we have a good income, but that means all schools want more, more and more (close to 45% of our net pay). We just can not make ends meet.
I see families in my oot community driving to Lakewood to pick up yuntif food boxes. What is this organization called? They all get the same food, and tons of it, from fish, meat/chicken and produce. Do you have to qualify for it?

amother
Watermelon  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 8:38 am
Is it moadim lsimcha where they pay discounted prices?

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 8:40 am
No, because they are all getting the exact same food. Like a case of onions, sweet potatoes, chicken legs, etc..
I know moadim lsimcha, but you choose what you are buying. And it’s not chasdei lev bc they aren’t in chinuch.

amother
  Watermelon

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 8:41 am
I doubt it’s a Lakewood tzedakah because Lakewood tzedakahs are for Lakewood people

Maybe ask them

amother
Clover

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 8:46 am
It sounds like you may be describing tomchei shabbos yom tov distribution

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 9:21 am
amother OP wrote:
We have been struggling financially for a while now, with the rising costs of EVERYTHING and tuition exponentially increased, we can not make our monthly bills. BH, we have a good income, but that means all schools want more, more and more (close to 45% of our net pay). We just can not make ends meet.
I see families in my oot community driving to Lakewood to pick up yuntif food boxes. What is this organization called? They all get the same food, and tons of it, from fish, meat/chicken and produce. Do you have to qualify for it?

Curious how you know such detailed info about your neighbors?

Is it possible your community partners with Lakewood tomchai shobbos to get their bulk deals but the downside is recipients need to travel to pick up? Just speculation.

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 9:25 am
Because they share what they don’t need or want on our community what’s app. And they share the same foods, each yuntif for years now. Not hard to figure they are getting some sort of distribution. So funny that one had to explain herself to restrain the judgement of others.
And, I’m struggling. I need help. I don’t want to embarrass my neighbors if I can ask an anonymous question here.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 9:50 am
amother OP wrote:
Because they share what they don’t need or want on our community what’s app. And they share the same foods, each yuntif for years now. Not hard to figure they are getting some sort of distribution. So funny that one had to explain herself to restrain the judgement of others.
And, I’m struggling. I need help. I don’t want to embarrass my neighbors if I can ask an anonymous question here.

If they are open about getting free food in Lakewood, isn't it easier to ask them.

You could text them privately
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics