Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Is a City Mini what I want?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 9:23 pm
I have an Uppababy Vista and I really don't like it. The bassinet was nice when my baby was a newborn, but I realized we really don't need such a big and bulky stroller, we drive everywhere. Planning to sell the Vista and get something else, the question is what.

Considering the City Mini. What I like:
-easy fold
-pretty compact
-can recline

What I'm wondering about:
-is the hood nice coverage? We live somewhere very sunny and I want it to completely block the sun from getting in my baby's eyes
-some reviews say the seat is at a bit of a recline even in the most upright position- is that annoying? Is there a similar stroller that checks my other boxes that does go completely upright?

If anyone has it and can weigh in, I'd really appreciate it!

wantavaca

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 10:17 pm
I had fancy carriages and I always loved city mini the best
I haven’t gotten one in a few years but the ones I’ve had all had huge hoods and are awesome
The recline situation didn’t measure up to be an issue at all but yes they r a bit reclined

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 10:29 pm
Also have the citi mini and love it. It’s so easy to fold for in and out of the car, can collapse it using one hand. Also easy to wheel. I have one from 16 years ago, not sure if things changed. The basket you have to be careful not to put too many heavy things or it can rip and the handle can’t put too many heavy bags or it tips over. But still loved it and was very convenient. The reclining was never an issue by me.

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 10:48 pm
City Mini was my favorite stroller of all time! I had a single for my firstborn and a double for my twins. It folds very well. The hood folds pretty far down, good coverage with a little window flap for peeking at baby. It handles well. I didn’t have any trouble with the seat positions. It’s also very easy to adjust positions.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
Highly recommend.

amother
Daphne  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 11:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have an Uppababy Vista and I really don't like it. The bassinet was nice when my baby was a newborn, but I realized we really don't need such a big and bulky stroller, we drive everywhere. Planning to sell the Vista and get something else, the question is what.

Considering the City Mini. What I like:
-easy fold
-pretty compact
-can recline

What I'm wondering about:
-is the hood nice coverage? We live somewhere very sunny and I want it to completely block the sun from getting in my baby's eyes
-some reviews say the seat is at a bit of a recline even in the most upright position- is that annoying? Is there a similar stroller that checks my other boxes that does go completely upright?

If anyone has it and can weigh in, I'd really appreciate it!

After many years I will say City Miki hits a sweet spot for a stroller. It’s just a great one all around.
The hood is spacious, the recline was never annoying for m kids.
Look into Bugaboo bee if your baby is not a newborn anymore but I think it does have an annoying recline, because my toddler boycotts it a lot and doesn’t boycott the other stroller that seats upright

Rappel

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 11:49 pm
City Mini is the winner all around. It works everywhere, does everything.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 5:22 am
Can someone share the name of the Citi Mini model that so many of you seem to like?

Is there a model that is appropriate for an infant? (Even if it doesn't entirely recline.)

I'm looking for recommendations in general for a great-value-for-money carriage/stroller. It doesn't need to be a Bugaboo, Cybex, etc. It would be nice if it's compact, lightweight, and easy to fold.

amother
Bisque  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 5:30 am
My babies hate the recline and I don’t like the hood. Maybe the bugaboo butterfly?

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 6:12 am
City mini used to be the “best stroller” but there are som many better ones on the market nowadays. They went up with the price a lot making it not popular at all.

I would suggest the cybex beezy. It has the deepest seat from all the travel strollers,

amother
  Daphne  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 6:14 am
amother NeonPurple wrote:
Can someone share the name of the Citi Mini model that so many of you seem to like?

Is there a model that is appropriate for an infant? (Even if it doesn't entirely recline.)

I'm looking for recommendations in general for a great-value-for-money carriage/stroller. It doesn't need to be a Bugaboo, Cybex, etc. It would be nice if it's compact, lightweight, and easy to fold.

City mini is the model
The brand name ls Baby Jogger

amother
  Daphne  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 6:16 am
amother Plum wrote:
City mini used to be the “best stroller” but there are som many better ones on the market nowadays. They went up with the price a lot making it not popular at all.

I would suggest the cybex beezy. It has the deepest seat from all the travel strollers,

It has smaller wheels and the canopy in City mini is larger.

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 6:56 am
amother Bisque wrote:
My babies hate the recline and I don’t like the hood. Maybe the bugaboo butterfly?

I have the butterfly and while I love it for a travel stroller it has the same issue with the recline, it doesn’t sit fully up and I think the city mini reclines flatter than the butterfly

amother
  Daphne  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 7:19 am
amother Catmint wrote:
I have the butterfly and while I love it for a travel stroller it has the same issue with the recline, it doesn’t sit fully up and I think the city mini reclines flatter than the butterfly

Yes it does. I have both. The Butterfly has more of a recline, the bar should be bought additionally, smaller wheels than City Mini. But it’s lighter of course

amother
  Daphne

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 7:20 am
amother Plum wrote:

What is a better stroller with same size rubber wheels, full recline, huge canopy, easy fold, same weight or lighter? I would love to find out.

amother
  Bisque

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 7:20 am
amother Catmint wrote:

Oh whoops, thanks for correcting me! mind then. I don’t have it was just going based off what I thought I heard about it

amother
Mulberry

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 7:26 am
I have a citymini. bugaboos fox, butterfly + yo-yo. I had the bugaboo dragonfly for a bit and sold it.

There’s nothing like a city mini. NOT THE COMPACT TYPE THOUGH! The easiest fold, cleans easily, pushes easily (I highly recommend going for the GT model) handles older kids well and has a really encased seat for lack of a better word, the baby isn’t falling out.

Also highly recommend.

tichellady

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 7:38 am
Gt model is much better
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics