Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Car swap. Jerusalem for London. August

Brit in Israel

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 12:53 pm
We have 5 seater in Jerusalem and looking if anyone in London would want to swap their car with us.
From mid to end August. Or part of.
For more details pm me.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 1:39 pm
Do you know that in Israel this is illegal and your insurance will be voided for this?

Rappel

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 12:31 am
amother Cadetblue wrote:
Do you know that in Israel this is illegal and your insurance will be voided for this?

No. Pray tell?

If you put on insurance for the swappers, or for a group like "anyone over the age of 25," then why would your insurance be voided?

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 7:15 am
Rappel wrote:
No. Pray tell?

If you put on insurance for the swappers, or for a group like "anyone over the age of 25," then why would your insurance be voided?

Because you are getting compensation for someone using your car. Whether it's money or using their car in another country.

You can try to ask your insurance if they will cover it but I've heard they don't.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 7:20 am
We have open insurance and anyone can use it. We give it to neighbours who pay us for milage and gas. We add on young drivers often (they aren't covered) and insurance said it's not a problem. Why is this different?

I will ask them though if anyone wants to swap

Elfrida

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 7:22 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Because you are getting compensation for someone using your car. Whether it's money or using their car in another country.

You can try to ask your insurance if they will cover it but I've heard they don't.

You mean the car would then be classified as a commercial vehicle rather than a private vehicle, and would thus be subject to different insurance requirements?

It sounds rather pushing the definition of a commercial vehicle, but insurance companies aren't known for being friendly.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 8:06 am
Elfrida wrote:
You mean the car would then be classified as a commercial vehicle rather than a private vehicle, and would thus be subject to different insurance requirements?

It sounds rather pushing the definition of a commercial vehicle, but insurance companies aren't known for being friendly.

I don't have a car, I just know this is a common response on many groups from people who personally have had issues finding out after an accident or damage that insurance won't cover it.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 8:08 am
LovesHashem wrote:

What would insurance for "swappers or anyone over 25" cover if not this?

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 8:16 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:
What would insurance for "swappers or anyone over 25" cover if not this?

It literally says swappers in English? It would cover if you allowed a friend d or relative to use it for free, as a favor.

If you are getting any compensation it can be a problem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics