Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Indoor home exercise ideas

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 3:08 am
I don’t enjoy being outdoors so I hardly ever walk. In the winter I say that I’ll walk when the weather gets nicer but in the summer I push it off because it’s too hot. Or sometimes it’s too windy for me or rainy…
Also in my area women walk with their Shaitels and nice walking shoes… I find walking with a shaitel so uncomfortable.
Always an excuse but I need to move!
It’s time that u do some serious exercise in my house.by
Would I lose weight if I go on a rebounder trampoline? If I jump rope? Walk up and down the stairs a few times?
Should I start or I would be wasting my time?

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 3:37 am
Of course you would!
Any movement is better than no movement.

But more importantly, the best excersize is the one you'll stick with.
Find something you love, and then you'll look forward to it.

Is that biking? Hiking? Treadmill? Lifting weights at the gym? Dancing?
Find what works for you.

BmoreBubby

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 12:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don’t enjoy being outdoors so I hardly ever walk. In the winter I say that I’ll walk when the weather gets nicer but in the summer I push it off because it’s too hot. Or sometimes it’s too windy for me or rainy…
Also in my area women walk with their Shaitels and nice walking shoes… I find walking with a shaitel so uncomfortable.
Always an excuse but I need to move!
It’s time that u do some serious exercise in my house.by
Would I lose weight if I go on a rebounder trampoline? If I jump rope? Walk up and down the stairs a few times?
Should I start or I would be wasting my time?

You should ABSOLUTELY start. That's exactly what I do on such days. And you don't need hardly any equipment or maybe none at all. The thing is there are different kinds of exercise. Just doing jumping jacks or jump rope is great. But you might want to try something called HIIT - you can look it up - it's basically 9 minutes of fast-slow alternative minutes of movement. It wipes you out in 9 minutes and is amazing! But in addition to that (or instead, depending on the day) I do strength work - legs, arms, core. There are some books about this to give you guidance, bottom line is yes, you can do this in your living room and get very good exercise that way. One book that I have used is the Younger Next Year book - very good guidance. The Torah-based Body and Soul also has an exercise chapter with pretty much the same approach.

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 12:48 pm
BmoreBubby wrote:
You should ABSOLUTELY start. That's exactly what I do on such days. And you don't need hardly any equipment or maybe none at all. The thing is there are different kinds of exercise. Just doing jumping jacks or jump rope is great. But you might want to try something called HIIT - you can look it up - it's basically 9 minutes of fast-slow alternative minutes of movement. It wipes you out in 9 minutes and is amazing! But in addition to that (or instead, depending on the day) I do strength work - legs, arms, core. There are some books about this to give you guidance, bottom line is yes, you can do this in your living room and get very good exercise that way. One book that I have used is the Younger Next Year book - very good guidance. The Torah-based Body and Soul also has an exercise chapter with pretty much the same approach.

Thank you very much! I will look into what you suggested.
Yesterday I tried to jump rope. I used to be good at it! I was terrible! I felt like a 5 yr old who kept stepping on the rope! I forced myself to do 10 consecutive jumps. Pathetic.
Then I went on the rebounder trampoline. So… I’m getting old I guess. Suddenly jumping makes me feel the need to use the bathroom 🫢…. I did 50 jumps before I ran off to the bathroom!
Today I was out for an appointment and parked my car far so the walk tired me out but I’ll try to jump soon.

bsy

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 12:52 pm
YouTube has lots of beginner low impact workouts for 15 mins

hodeez

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 12:58 pm
I will always suggest growwithjo, I do her workouts daily

amother
Daylily

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 2:08 pm
Search at home exercise videos on YouTube and see what you like. I do Pilates and I love it

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 7:53 pm
pilates is fine in addition to cardio and weights but not as your main exercise. losing weight is more about what you're eating then your movement.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise