Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Why did no one thank me?
  Previous  1  2  3  12  13  14

amother
Peachpuff

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 3:04 pm
amother Outerspace wrote:
I did. No one said that givers shouldn't be thanked at all. Just that an immediate thanks shouldn't be expected from post partum women.

Right it also appears that some people are entitled and don’t think they have to give a thank you or appreciation.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 3:07 pm
Queen Of Hearts wrote:
I can't believe I'm reading this. I understand not having the time or energy to call. But a text?!
Being postpartum does not excuse a complete lack of manners!

It absolutely does. And not sending a text post-partum is not rude, it is very normal!

amother
Outerspace

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 3:10 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
Right it also appears that some people are entitled and don’t think they have to give a thank you or appreciation.

I didn't see that.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 3:11 pm
amother Outerspace wrote:
I did. No one said that givers shouldn't be thanked at all. Just that an immediate thanks shouldn't be expected from post partum women.

she was thanked immediately verbally by the recipient!

this was about some anticipated and needed follow up effusive text formally or something

yowza

we must run in different circles

B"H

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 3:17 pm
amother Peachpuff wrote:
Read the thread from the beginning.

Sure did Smile

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 3:18 pm
No one is saying that pp moms are entitled to meals and shouldn't show appreciation

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 5:07 pm
Do you know how often I start a text, get distracted in the middle and then think I have sent it because I remember writing it and only realise later (when I dont hear back) that I never actually sent it?

This happens regularly year round (thanks ADHD brain!), even more so when I just had a baby.In my mind I have thanked them effusively, and I really do appreciate what was sent, but my thanks just never made it to the intended recipient.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 5:08 pm
The dissonance seems to be from those saying that there are legitimate reasons why someone might find sending thank yous to be overwhelming or impossible, but I don't think anyone was arguing that the ideal way of handling things is that no thanks should be given.

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 5:31 pm
amother Powderblue wrote:
The dissonance seems to be from those saying that there are legitimate reasons why someone might find sending thank yous to be overwhelming or impossible, but I don't think anyone was arguing that the ideal way of handling things is that no thanks should be given.

And I think this explanation was coming to someone who was upset that no one (?) thanked her (?) when in fact one did and one didn't yet a grand total of a Shabbos later several days pp

cholenteater

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 5:37 pm
I really appreciate this thread. It got me thinking, each person requires a different level of appreciation. What I think is enough (one heartfelt text thanking and saying how delish etc) is not necessarily enough for others. I'm thinking about how this applies to life in general, we do for others what we really want for ourselves. Like the gift giver really enjoys getting gifts, the helper really would like to have help and so on. I'm going to try to be more aware for the next 2 days to tune into what others may need based upon them not just on projection of what would work for me.
I try this anyways, but seems I've slipped. I went back and read my first response. Woah was I defensive. Still possibly right, but defensive
Page 14 of 14   Previous  1  2  3  12  13  14 Recent Topics