Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Weather like in Jerusalem

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 6:46 am
Is there an area/ city where chareidim live that the weather is similar to Jerusalem? Dry heat, and cools down at night… Not in north or south.
I live in the Mercaz for almost 10 years, and every year the humidity infuriates me more and more. It’s affecting my mental health. Would love to move somewhere where the weather is like in Jerusalem. Yes I know it’s hot during the day, but at least it cools down at night.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 6:49 am
Givat Zeev, just outside Jerusalem...

amother
Mulberry

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 7:13 am
Beitar, geographically part of Gush Etzion, though they choose not to politically be part of it.

Just to be accurate, we are discussing climate, not weather.

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 7:17 am
I live about 15 minutes from Jerusalem and it is so humid here. I didn't realize that the weather is different here and it is such a disappointment.

amother
Almond

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 8:14 am
The Gush Etzion weather is the best. Cool and breezy at night all year round. In addition to Beitar (which is wonderful, has great shopping, doctors etc.) mentioned above, there is also Maale Amos which is a Chareidi yishuv.

Success10

Post Thu, Jul 04 2024, 9:33 am
Beitar, Givat Zeev, Telzstone, Tel Tzion

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 3:23 pm
Thanks.
Is Beit Shemesh nice at night? I know it’s hotter than Jerusalem but is it as humid as Tel Aviv?

amother
Aconite  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 3:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks.
Is Beit Shemesh nice at night? I know it’s hotter than Jerusalem but is it as humid as Tel Aviv?

Not at nice as Jerusalem. And it's literally hell from May to October lol. I actually rpefered the humidity to Florida than the sun baking on your back, literally feeling like you in a desert. No shade, no clouds, no nothing.

I might be a little bit snarky right now. I'm pregnant and I do Gan pick up at peak heat and I've almost fainted a few times and it's so so hard.

Rappel

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 3:30 pm
Immanuel

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 3:31 pm
amother Aconite wrote:
Not at nice as Jerusalem. And it's literally hell from May to October lol. I actually rpefered the humidity to Florida than the sun baking on your back, literally feeling like you in a desert. No shade, no clouds, no nothing.

I might be a little bit snarky right now. I'm pregnant and I do Gan pick up at peak heat and I've almost fainted a few times and it's so so hard.

I totally get it, this heat is infuriating.
I decided to serve my kids dinner today outside at 6pm. Mistake. There was sweat dripping down all of our faces, and mosquitoes all over. My kids just poured water all over themselves to cool down.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 3:31 pm
Rappel wrote:
Immanuel

What type of people live there?

Reality  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 3:33 pm
amother Aconite wrote:

That's a preference. I personally will take the sun baking over humidity any say.

amother
  Aconite

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 3:35 pm
Reality wrote:
That's a preference. I personally will take the sun baking over humidity any say.

Personally I'd rather just live in the Gush. Why are we comparing between two different versions of awfulness lol.

Practically speaking I can't move now but maybe one day.

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 3:35 pm
Reality wrote:

Yes, and I realize my question wasn’t answered, how is it at night?
Where I live, as the sun sets, a blanket of humidity settles over the city and it’s not pleasant to go out at night.

amother
Salmon  

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 3:36 pm
Reality wrote:

Me too.
For most of the summer, bet shemesh is beautiful at night. Not quite jerusalem but pretty close.
I lived in jerusalem for 5 years. The summers were pretty brutal there as well. Still had to take multiple showers a day. I don't find bet shemesh to be so much worse.

amother
  Salmon

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 3:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
Where I live, as the sun sets, a blanket of humidity settles over the city and it’s not pleasant to go out at night.
There's no humidity at night in bet shemesh.

Reality

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 3:37 pm
amother OP wrote:

It depends on the night. Last night and tonight it was still so, so hot. Other nights there's a breeze.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions