Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How many pieces of clothing do you wear while swimming?
Previous  1  2

How many pieces of clothing do you wear while swimming?
 20%  [ 29 ]
 33%  [ 47 ]
 24%  [ 34 ]
 13%  [ 19 ]
5 +  
 2%  [ 3 ]
Don't go swimming  
 4%  [ 6 ]
other  
 0%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 139

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 12:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
When I go swimming I wear swimming shorts, swimming top, and swimming bra. I also wear a swimming cap, but I am not counting that as clothing. So I would say 3 pieces.

I don't like the one piece bathing suit because I don't like the build in bra I would rater pick a bra custom that I like. Also I often go swimming during lunch break and come to work wearing the bathing suit under my clothes, with a one piece it's hard to go to the bathroom.

What about you?

(I’m here just wondering why you wouldn’t spend a minute changing out of a wet bathing suit first into dry underwear.)

amother
Charcoal  

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 12:17 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
(I’m here just wondering why you wouldn’t spend a minute changing out of a wet bathing suit first into dry underwear.)

Yes, it's not healthy to stay in a wet bathing suit. Can cause infections etc.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 12:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
When I go swimming I wear swimming shorts, swimming top, and swimming bra. I also wear a swimming cap, but I am not counting that as clothing. So I would say 3 pieces.

I don't like the one piece bathing suit because I don't like the build in bra I would rater pick a bra custom that I like. Also I often go swimming during lunch break and come to work wearing the bathing suit under my clothes, with a one piece it's hard to go to the bathroom.

What about you?

I’m also wondering how you sit in a wet bathing suit all afternoon.

I wear a one piece usually. After a few kids I’d rather my stomach be nice and covered.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 12:30 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
I’m also wondering how you sit in a wet bathing suit all afternoon.

I think OP is wearing the dry bathing suit to work in the morning as undergarments and then changing out of it after swimming, which means changing once instead of twice.

amother
Dustypink

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 12:38 pm
What’s a swim bra?

chanatron1000

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 12:45 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
What’s a swim bra?

It's what it sounds like, a bra made to be worn while swimming. But you can really wear any sports bra made out of 4 way stretch nylon/spandex type of material.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 1:21 pm
long leg boy short with attached tank top

amother
  Charcoal  

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 1:51 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
I think OP is wearing the dry bathing suit to work in the morning as undergarments and then changing out of it after swimming, which means changing once instead of twice.

That's not great health wise, either. It's recommended to wear underwear with cotton to prevent infections and uti's and so on. Swimming wear is not meant to be worn in lieu of regular underwear, even if dry.

Odelyah

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 2:04 pm
happy chick wrote:
Am I the only one who wears a one piece swim suit with nothing else?

Hi
if it's an indoor pool I'll wear a regular one piece swimsuit, outdoors I usually wear a short sleeve t-shirt on top as sun protection because I'm very pale and burn quickly

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 2:19 pm
One piece swimsuit, swim dress, swim shorts, swim cap.

Alwaysmiling

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 4:14 pm
Swimdress with bra. I bought a new one this year which has a sewn in short leggings. Love it!

Iymnok

Post Sat, Jul 06 2024, 1:27 pm
If inside, for laps, 1pc swimsuit (it has an attached miniskirt to cover my thighs and help my self-consciousness.

If outside where I'm not swimming, a water park, the beach, just watching my kids, I'll wear my tznius swimsuit. It's one piece. It's not so comfortable, so I wear a bikini/swim bra+panties under it.

Obviously with my hair appropriately covered.

Elfrida

Post Sat, Jul 06 2024, 3:35 pm
happy chick wrote:
Am I the only one who wears a one piece swim suit with nothing else?

Sometimes I'll wear a 2 piece swim suit - tankini and regular bottoms.

That's what I wear to go swimming in the pool. For the beach, or other water related activities I'll add a swim dress.

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Jul 06 2024, 6:53 pm

I wear this.

amother
Mimosa

Post Sat, Jul 06 2024, 7:22 pm
Rash guard shirt with a sports bra, swim bottom with leggings/swim skirt and attached leggings (depending on men or not). Tichel. So I guess that’s 5, but what would you cut?

amother
  OP

Post Sat, Jul 06 2024, 9:10 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:

yes this is what I do it makes live easier for me

amother Charcoal wrote:
That's not great health wise, either. It's recommended to wear underwear with cotton to prevent infections and uti's and so on. Swimming wear is not meant to be worn in lieu of regular underwear, even if dry.

I wear nylon underwear on a regular bases not cotton, never had a problem.

amother
Opal

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 8:43 am
bra top, long sleeve upf shirt, swimming skort. water shoes, floppy hat for outdoor daytime/high sun, especially for water aerobics; one piece for evening or indoors. water shoes indoors too for pool walking exercise or aerobics class.

amother
  Charcoal

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 9:37 am
amother OP wrote:
I wear nylon underwear on a regular bases not cotton, never had a problem.

It's not recommended to wear completely nylon as you'd find with a bathing suit. Ask your doctor.
(Most underwear is made with a cotton lining in the middle even if the rest is nylon or other material, btw. You just may not have realized this.)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics