Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Business Class with baby 5 mo

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 11:02 am
Hi, my husband wants to upgrade my family seats from economy to business. In economy, we had purchased a separate seat for the baby and we were obviously going to bring her car seat. In business there may not be enough seats to upgrade for her. And she may need to share my seat. Bassinets in business may also not be available. Which would you go for? Business for myself, husband, and children, but I’ll need to hold/sleep with baby in my seat. Or economy for everyone and she has her own space and will spend the night in her car seat? And I have my own seat?

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 11:23 am
I'd choose business class and hold baby or wear baby in carrier. You can split holding the baby with DH.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 11:26 am
I’d do business. Especially because IME I end up holding the baby most of the flight regardless

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 11:44 am
Business class as the seats are bigger to begin with, so you probably won't be as uncomfortable as it sounds.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 12:04 pm
In case of turbulence you really compare holding a baby to a properly installed car seat.

I'd probably do business anyway, because economy is really uncomfortable. But I am putting that point out here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics