Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Are you scared?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
  Ultramarine  

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 7:00 am
amother Gold wrote:
The issue is not the current situation it’s Hezbollah saying that if attacked they will fight a war without boundaries c’v. But I still can’t believe America will let Israel get destroyed even if Biden is there.

It has nothing to do with America or Biden or anyone who might replace him, or Trump, or Hizballah, or Hamas. If Hashem feels that Israel as we know it now, needs to be destroyed it will be. If Hashem wants Israel to last it will, and we might see more miracles. America will be one of the tools in the process. That's their only role.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 8:12 am
My son has been in yeshiva in Israel since before Oct 7th. I was a bit nervous when the war first broke out. But I spoke to relatives and they told me the area my son is in is quiet. I asked my son if he was scared and wanted to come home. He said no. So I made him call daily (he hated it) just to say he was OK. We are more lax now and he only calls a couple times a week.

I know a case back in 2001 when there were tons of bus bombings. One parent wouldn't let her daughter go to seminary in Israel. Then came 9/11. The parents realized we are no safer here in the USA and ended up letting the daughter go to seminary.

amother
  Gold  

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 8:22 am
amother Ultramarine wrote:
It has nothing to do with America or Biden or anyone who might replace him, or Trump, or Hizballah, or Hamas. If Hashem feels that Israel as we know it now, needs to be destroyed it will be. If Hashem wants Israel to last it will, and we might see more miracles. America will be one of the tools in the process. That's their only role.

We live in this world. remember that the holocaust happened. You can’t just say nothing will happened and Hashem won’t let it happen. You need to do hishtadlus because we don’t understand Hashem ways. It looks like Hamas accepted Israel ceasefire deal. Beezras Hashem we will have peace soon until mashiach comes.

amother
  Hotpink

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 8:48 am

This post is not helpful to anyone.

amother
  Ultramarine

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 8:48 am
amother Gold wrote:
We live in this world. remember that the holocaust happened. You can’t just say nothing will happened and Hashem won’t let it happen. You need to do hishtadlus because we don’t understand Hashem ways. It looks like Hamas accepted Israel ceasefire deal. Beezras Hashem we will have peace soon until mashiach comes.

I didn't say Hashem won't let it happen. I said America doesn't decide what happens. Hashem decides what happens, and uses other nations like America as His tools. It might be what we would like, or might not. But it's not America that decides.

amother
  Gold  

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 8:50 am
I didn't say Hashem won't let it happen. I said America doesn't decide what happens. Hashem decides what happens, and uses other nations like America as His tools. It might be what we would like, or might not. But it's not America that decides.

In this world America is the biggest player on Israel side. More than Israel

amother
  Viola  

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 8:51 am
amother Gold wrote:
In this world America is the biggest player on Israel side. More than Israel

Huh?

ftm1234

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 8:51 am
amother Hotpink wrote:

Why not?

A reminder of Who is really in charge can be useful on a thread like this.

Of course we need to do our hishtadlus but we also need to remember that ultimately Hashem is in control.

amother
Snowdrop  

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 8:58 am
amother Hotpink wrote:

But it's the truth. America isn't a safe haven, not that I blame you for wanting to fool yourself into thinking that.
The point is not to live in paranoia but to understand that we're not in control of anything. Hashem runs the show and He's our only and most consistent ally.

amother
  Gold  

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 8:59 am
amother Viola wrote:
Huh?

Israel is a tiny 7 million state against half billion Arabs and from all sides and all over the world. Don’t you understand that this is not a fight that can be won without America????

amother
  Viola  

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 9:12 am
amother Gold wrote:
Israel is a tiny 7 million state against half billion Arabs and from all sides and all over the world. Don’t you understand that this is not a fight that can be won without America????

Im sorry but if Hashem wants Israel to win, they will, with or without america.
And tiny little eretz yisrael has survived thus far, 76 years.

Elfrida  

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 9:15 am
amother Gold wrote:

I'd refer you back to the night, a week or so before Pesach, when Iran was throwing its missiles at us, and we were sitting in our mamads, wondering if we could possibly survive the much vaunted technology of Iran and Hozbollah.

One child got injured.

Other nations helped us including Arab states, on a completely unexpected and unprecedented level. But it was clear to everyone that that night was orchestrated by Hashem and only Hashem.

America can help us against our enemies, but we don't rely on America, or anyone else. Our only help is from Hashem.

If America wants to help us, Hashem.can use them to help us. If not, that help can come from anywhere else.
רווח והצלה יבוא ממקום אחר, ואת ובית אביך תאבדו. ומי יודע אם לעת כזאת הגעת למלכות.

amother
  Gold  

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 9:15 am
amother Viola wrote:
Im sorry but if Hashem wants Israel to win, they will, with or without america.
And tiny little eretz yisrael has survived thus far, 76 years.

Don’t mix Amuna with hishtadlus. Of course if Hashem wants everything will happen. But hishtadlus Israel survived because the Arabs were primitive and Israel was America’s interest in the region. Both seems to be less than the truth now.

Elfrida

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 9:20 am
amother Gold wrote:
Don’t mix Amuna with hishtadlus. Of course if Hashem wants everything will happen. But hishtadlus Israel survived because the Arabs were primitive and Israel was America’s interest in the region. Both seems to be less than the truth now.

You're putting America in the centre, and seeing the world as depending on America.

We put Israel in the centre, and know that logic doesn't matter when it comes to what happens here.

Like I said on the first page, it's a perspective that is almost impossible to understand from chutz l'aretz.

chestnut

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 9:24 am
amother Gold wrote:

Where did you see about the bolded? I read that they'll give an answer by tomorrow.
ETA: supposedly, Hamas is waiting for Israel's answer by tomorrow.
(I definitely missed when Hamas submitted their plan cause the last time I remember, they rejected Biden's plan. No one can keep track of this madness).

Last edited by chestnut on Fri, Jul 05 2024, 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
  Snowdrop

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 9:24 am
amother Gold wrote:

So hishtadlus is to stay holed up in America with it's ramped pro-Palestianian protest and it's growing anti semitic incidents and it's measly 36% support of Israel while claiming Israel isn't safe.
Makes loads of sense, don't you think?

amother
  Viola  

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 9:25 am
amother Gold wrote:

I really dont think the way you do, about america. Israel exists because it exists. Not because of america.

amother
  Viola

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 9:27 am
Elfrida wrote:
You're putting America in the centre, and seeing the world as depending on America.

We put Israel in the centre, and know that logic doesn't matter when it comes to what happens here.

Like I said on the first page, it's a perspective that is almost impossible to understand from chutz l'aretz.

This is it, 100%. No actual way to explain it.

amother
  Gold

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 10:08 am
So before the holocaust you should have said the Jews are the center and they can stay in Europe nothing will happen. I’m not saying that it is the same situation now but the perspective is wrong. You need to do hishtadlus. You can say it’s not dangerous enough to not go.

CPenzias  

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 10:20 am
amother Viola wrote:
I really dont think the way you do, about america. Israel exists because it exists. Not because of america.

Israel exists because Hashem wants Israel to exist.
It's a nes every day that Eretz Yisrael exists and is thriving.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info