Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
HaShem takes care of everyone

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 10:32 am
A funny story that happened to me yesterday. I was in the country (OOT, trust me it was very rural) because I had to drive for a veterinary appointment for an aging animal.
Backstory: I am BT and had a dog since I was eighteen, she is now quite old and I do my best to take care of her even if it’s not “the thing to do” for frum people — she has been a wonderful companion and I want her to have as pleasant an old age as possible.
I was stressed about paying for the appointment. We are doing ok with money but not enough that we can spend without thinking about every purchase. I didn’t have access to my credit cards and the vet wouldn’t take a check. I had to drive to the nearest town to take out cash from an atm. I also needed gas. I took out an extra 100 for the gas. I had my youngest baby with me, sleeping in the car while my toddler was at camp. At an intersection, on my way from the center of town to the vets which was in the outskirts, I saw a man standing by the side of the road begging for change.
I had taken out a bit more than I needed so I decided to give him a five dollar bill.
After I returned to the vet and paid them the remaining amount that I owed them, I decided to go to the gas station to get gas for my hour and a half drive back home. I also got snack food because I hadn’t eaten lunch and the baby was kvetchy too. As I was checking out o realized I couldn’t buy gas because I hadn’t given the man a five dollar bill. I HAD GIVEN HIM A 100 DOLLAR BILL!

As a result I was driving home with next to no gas in my tank! If the car stopped I would be in big trouble- stuck the highway with my baby and a fourteen year old dog!

I was so nervous the car wouldn’t make it- I air no way to buy gas and didn’t want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere(no chaverim where I live!)
I wasn’t upset about the money at all. Money is tight but clearly HaShem wanted that man to have the money. I’ll survive.
And BH” HaShem made my car drive all the way home with barely any gas at all. I’ll have to drive it down the block to the gas station before I can drive it again but — I love when I can see HaShem helping me and I’m glad he helped that man out, too.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 10:36 am
What an amazing story! Thanks for sharing!

amother
Outerspace

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 10:55 am
This happened to me as a teenager, accidentally gave a tzedakah collector a $50 bill instead of a $5 and I was so, so upset. You’re amazing for having such a positive attitude about it.

amother
Indigo

Post Today at 8:08 am
Yes, hashem takes care of everyone. Everything works out and there's no suffering and certainly not death. That would be the opposite of taking care of everyone, no?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational