Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Screening for Day Care

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 8:31 pm
I ran a Legal playgroup for almost 30 years. Every assistant and substitute had to be screened by the federal government which included fingerprinting and a background check. A medical exam was also required. Several years ago I employed a women as my assistant. She was very kind to the children and they loved her. But she made my life a living hell with her borderline personality which I was too naive at the time to recognize. She also often complained about her upstairs neighbors who she said were bullying her. I sympathized. BH we parted ways but not before I was quite damaged by our interactions. In fact, that experience hasted my retirement. About a year later I heard that she was institutionalized for severe paranoia in a mental hospital. It turned out that all her complaints about her neighbors were the result of her paranoia. When she was released she called me to apologize for searching my pocketbook and freezer for video cameras while she was employed by me. I knew she was working in a private kindergarten so I called the Rav who was involved in her situation. He told me that her condition was not a threat to the children and it was not my place to get involved. I know some of the mothers in that group confronted the Morah but she strongly chastised them for speaking loshon horah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics