Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Brainstorming: ideas to help people in crisis
Previous  1  2

singleagain

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 4:51 am
amother Beige wrote:
In Yerushalayim Zichron Menachem have this program in place. You could use it as a model. They have a center for siblings/kids where parents are sick. They pick the kids up from school, take them to the center, do homework, activities, therapy, give them supper and drop them off at home at 7:30.

https://www.chailifeline.org/ishine

Chai lifeline has something like this called I-shine. My friend had a medical crisis with one of her kids and I-shine was there for her other kids.

Peersupport

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 7:40 am
A Frum inpatient rehab on the East Coast that doesn't cost 50K.

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 10:05 am
Goldie613 wrote:
Not sure what you mean by respectful - can you explain?

I mean for safety precautions to be implemented in a way that preserves the dignity of everyone involved.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 10:19 am
singleagain wrote:
https://www.chailifeline.org/ishine

Chai lifeline has something like this called I-shine. My friend had a medical crisis with one of her kids and I-shine was there for her other kids.

This is only if the kid has an illness and is in & out of the hospital, once you are home and they don't help much. Additionally they most definitely don't help for mental illness

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 11:38 am
People to come help with light housework on short notice and consistently. When my father was in an accident and in the ICU and needed people with him round the clock, I was running back and forth between home with my little kids and dh, the hospital to my parents, and work. I just needed someone to wash my dishes and take out my garbage every night for several weeks, it would have made such a difference. People kept offering food, but we have allergies so it isn't simple to take food. But I couldn't find anyone to come in and wash my dishes etc, even for pay. Help aside from food and babysitting is often critical. Just saving me an extra half hour or hour of housework means I can spend time with my kids or with my sick family member, or even just time sitting down by myself to actually eat a meal.

Could be a rotation of highschool girls doing chessed hours or even a database of teenagers who can be paid for it.

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Jul 02 2024, 4:29 pm
Peersupport wrote:
Creating a social media campaign with as many people possible sharing the kind of mental health struggle they have, to end the stigma.

Ok Clarity and Amudim both share these sort of things.

amother
Plum

Post Yesterday at 12:39 am
Encourage others to call crisis line as needed
Crisis does not mean suicide C"V. Crisis is any emotional difficulty that you can't manage on your own

If you're having a hard time managing, are overwhelmed, don't know how to calm down on your own, call a crisis line. I've called 988 when I'm overwhelmed and just hearing someone's voice calms me down. Better be safe than sorry.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational