Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Help me find a mesivta
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 8:24 pm
amother Wheat wrote:
I didn’t know that Rubanowitz had a high school. I thought it was just Beis Medrash.

What about Cincinnati?

What is the yeshiva name in Cincinnati?

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 8:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
What is the yeshiva name in Cincinnati?

https://mesivtaofcincinnati.org/

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 7:54 am
Shlanger's in Baltimore?

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 8:41 am
amother Wheat wrote:

They just got a new rosh mesivta or some such titled position.
He's the most beloved rebbi from Telshe Cleveland's high school.

amother
Latte

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 8:43 am
amother OP wrote:
Do you have a contact number?
845-207-0330

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 10:54 am
Would Mechina in Miami be a good fit? A friend’s son was there a number of years ago and had a good experience, but I don’t know anything lately. Perhaps someone else has more up to date info?

mha3484

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 10:56 am
amother Narcissus wrote:
Shlanger's in Baltimore?

Shlangers is for high achievers. I dont think its what the OP is looking for.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 10:58 am
Totally agree with mha3484 about shlanger's. It's a very intense yeshiva.

OP, as you see, you have lots of imas here who seems to be moms of 8-12 grade bochurim. We are happy to help!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 11:22 am
amother Wheat wrote:

Thank you.
Do you have more info on it? What type of boys go there?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 11:23 am
amother Emerald wrote:
Totally agree with mha3484 about shlanger's. It's a very intense yeshiva.

OP, as you see, you have lots of imas here who seems to be moms of 8-12 grade bochurim. We are happy to help!

Thank you so much for all the suggestions! Really appreciate each one of you for taking the time to suggest something.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 3:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you.
Do you have more info on it? What type of boys go there?

Very nice, sweet boys. Combination of locals and boys from elsewhere. They have a dorm and regular mesivta policies to maintain the hashkafah you're looking for (e.g. next year they'll have a cell phone plan that turns off texting during the zman and opens it up for off shabbos/bain hazmanim)
They're in the process of renovation of a building to move into as they've outgrown their space. As someone else mentioned, the incoming Rosh Mesivta is Rabbi Scheinbaum, currently in Telshe Cleveland. He will also be teaching 12th grade. The other grades have phenomenal rabbeim as well. As this is their first 12th grade year, it remains to be seen where the bochurim go after graduating.

I agree with other posts suggesting West Bloomfield as a decent option to look into.
Similar sized as Cincinnati.
More segregated from the frum community, Cincinnati is in the heart of it and the bochurim can join the shul kiddush after their own davening for a simcha, etc... One isn't better than the other, I'm just commenting on some notable differences.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 4:13 pm
amother Latte wrote:
Yeshiva Bais Binyomin of Stamford, it's not closed.

Stamford mesivta moved to Monsey. It's right near Roosevelt's.

mom24b

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 4:31 pm
OP the suggestions you’re getting are for extremely different levels of learning. While most of the suggestions do fit your description of your original post in terms of looking for a “clean dorm” you don’t actually specify what level of learning he needs. We are only able to glean from your comment that klugmans was too high level of learning for your DS. Many ppl may not read all the comments and are therefore suggesting Yeshiva’s that aren’t suitable. If you can tell us your DS learning needs you will most likely get more appropriate suggestions.

amother
Peach

Post Yesterday at 9:14 am
Different amother here, seems we are looking for something similar to OP for our son.

Are Roosevelt, Cincinnati, and West Bloomfield all relatively similar in terms of level of learning and crowd that goes? What would make someone pick one over the other? Where do boys from Roosevelt tend to go for beis medrish? Is Roosevelt part of a community like Cincinnati or separate like West Bloomfield?

What other mesivtas (OOT) seem to be similar?

Any information on South Bend?

Thank you!

amother
Peach

Post Yesterday at 9:16 am
Also- what is the secular studies like in any of the above mentioned mesivtas? Can boys go on to college in different fields if they so choose?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Yesterday at 10:24 am
amother Peach wrote:
Different amother here, seems we are looking for something similar to OP for our son.

Are Roosevelt, Cincinnati, and West Bloomfield all relatively similar in terms of level of learning and crowd that goes? What would make someone pick one over the other? Where do boys from Roosevelt tend to go for beis medrish? Is Roosevelt part of a community like Cincinnati or separate like West Bloomfield?

What other mesivtas (OOT) seem to be similar?

Any information on South Bend?

Thank you!

My son is currently in southbend. It is very small, warm, willing to work with you, and not as high a learning level as Shlangers/roosevelt/Ohr Naftali as mentioned above. I can't say how "clean" it is, as I don't know. I think the boys are a mix and not the typical in towners (more nerdy - for lack of a better description). My impression is that Shlangers and Roosevelt are less "cool" than Ohr Naftali.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics