Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Hardtail skirts
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 10:57 am
Be happy if your teen can fit into this style skirt at all.

Mine can’t, and I am having a tough time shopping for her in (Jewish stores with clothing they make themselves!!) because all of the clothing is so fitted or slinky!

Make it make sense!

amother
Aconite

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 11:02 am
amother Aubergine wrote:
If there's a store in Lakewood that also sells the Lolas, I'd also like to know which one.

You need to call the stores and ask…

rmbg

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 11:06 am
Im sorry but the mothers are at fault here. Not the teens. Its the mothers who dont know how to take a stand and put limits on their teens. Every time you give in, you are part of the problem. Start educating your kids and YOURSELVES from when theyre born that we dont follow the trends. Thats what it means to be a frum yid!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 11:12 am
rmbg wrote:
Im sorry but the mothers are at fault here. Not the teens. Its the mothers who dont know how to take a stand and put limits on their teens. Every time you give in, you are part of the problem. Start educating your kids and YOURSELVES from when theyre born that we dont follow the trends. Thats what it means to be a frum yid!!

You’re right. 100%. But that’s not the reality. If your kids truly don’t want any of this stuff then kol hakavod, but if they’re like my daughter , who knows and wants this stuff, and is part of a very wealthy friend group, I don’t want her to resent that she doesn’t have any of these items and I don’t feel feel comfortable saying no to everything. Even if that makes me part of the problem. I know adults that didn’t get stuff they wanted as kids and as adults it’s really sad watching them try to catch up.

amother
Pansy

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 11:14 am
rmbg wrote:

This exactly. Pathetic to be spending $160 for a skirt that your kid won't want to wear next year. And all those who make excuses...but my teen needs to fit in...seriously if everyone stopped this nonsense it wouldn't be such a big issue. And there goes the threads crying poverty because they had to buy their teens all the "necessities", and how Israel at 30k a year is not a luxury.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 11:14 am
amother Aconite wrote:
You need to call the stores and ask…

Do you know and just don’t want to share ? Or you don’t know ?
I don’t want to start calling each store , I don’t live in Lakewood I wouldn’t even know where to begin.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 11:15 am
amother Pansy wrote:
This exactly. Pathetic to be spending $160 for a skirt that your kid won't want to wear next year. And all those who make excuses...but my teen needs to fit in...seriously if everyone stopped this nonsense it wouldn't be such a big issue. And there goes the threads crying poverty because they had to buy their teens all the "necessities", and how Israel at 30k a year is not a luxury.

Wish it was $160. It’s $168 and the $20 shipping for those of us that don’t live in the 5 towns so it’s $188.

amother
Pansy

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 11:16 am
amother OP wrote:
You’re right. 100%. But that’s not the reality. If your kids truly don’t want any of this stuff then kol hakavod, but if they’re like my daughter , who knows and wants this stuff, and is part of a very wealthy friend group, I don’t want her to resent that she doesn’t have any of these items and I don’t feel feel comfortable saying no to everything. Even if that makes me part of the problem. I know adults that didn’t get stuff they wanted as kids and as adults it’s really sad watching them try to catch up.

And I know adults who didn't get stuff they wanted as a kid and they are perfectly happy adults. Happy with what they have and not looking for the next best thing. Not looking to keep up all the time. And there are adults who were spoiled rotten as kids and now are spoiled rotten adults.

rmbg

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 11:16 am
amother OP wrote:

Of course my kids want that stuff!! And when I was a kid I also wanted stuff, and as an adult I also want atiff, but part of growing up, putting yiddishkeit aside, is understanding that there’s a budget. What favor are we doing our children by giving in to ever thing so they shouldn’t feel left out?? Where’s the confidence? Where are our values??

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 11:17 am
amother Pansy wrote:

Do you really not understand how important it is for a kid to fit in? Maybe I’m crazy that I think it’s important !

Lady A

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 11:18 am
Learn to say no.
It’s insane to pay that much money for one piece of clothing!

amother
Pansy

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 11:19 am
amother OP wrote:
Do you really not understand how important it is for a kid to fit in? Maybe I’m crazy that I think it’s important !

They can fit in with the knock off skirt too. You are probably projecting your own insecurities on your child. Teach your kids to be confident with what they have. Teach them the value of money. Teach them the concept of doing what makes sense and not just doing things because others do it. Not to say my kids are perfect and don't want things...they definitely do...but they also know what's unreasonable.

rmbg

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 11:29 am
amother Pansy wrote:
They can fit in with the knock off skirt too. You are probably projecting your own insecurities on your child. Teach your kids to be confident with what they have. Teach them the value of money. Teach them the concept of doing what makes sense and not just doing things because others do it. Not to say my kids are perfect and don't want things...they definitely do...but they also know what's unreasonable.

This!! The $160 skirt is not gonna be the key to their social success!
Its your insecurities.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 12:29 pm
amother Pansy wrote:

So happy ur not my mom.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 12:29 pm
amother OP wrote:

I really agree with you. I would suck up the 180 and make my kid feel good about herself. 1x a year it’s really not so crazy

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 12:33 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
Most/ many teen clothing is hang dry.

Right, so I don’t send that stuff to camp. The only hang dry stuff I send is br@a (is that word censored?) and shabbos clothes. My daughter doesn’t have weekday clothing that needs to be hung.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 12:34 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
No tshirts or skirts can be put in the dryer.

I guess we are shopping at different places.

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 12:35 pm
amother OP wrote:

It's very important.
Don't let people tell you it's crazy.
you know your daughter and you know what she needs.
I would rather skrimp on other things (give her a lower budget for nosh, or buy cheap drawers or cubes) but let her have her skirt and feel good about it...

amother
Pistachio

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 12:48 pm
It was very important for me to fit in as a kid and I still give my mother flack for not spending the extra $$ on a juicy sweatshirt that I wanted so badly each year. I would come home day after day hoping to find one on my bed. Yes I’m a fully functioning adult but I do have some hard times not buying the stuff I want bc I never got it as a kid. Please buy it for her

rmbg

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 12:50 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:
I really agree with you. I would suck up the 180 and make my kid feel good about herself. 1x a year it’s really not so crazy

Its not one skirt! Its all the other things also. And its not one time a year.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics