Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Hardtail skirts
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 12:01 am
Is there anywhere to buy hardtail Lola skirts right now ? Alist is completely sold out in every color.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 12:23 am
The bigger question is why do we buy them for our teens???!!!
160$$
Sorry I don’t know where else to buy them.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 12:40 am
amother Coffee wrote:
The bigger question is why do we buy them for our teens???!!!
160$$
Sorry I don’t know where else to buy them.

I know ! I could scream. Trust me .

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 1:15 am
The peer pressure is real. Alist is the only place to buy them. They had them specially made.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 1:18 am
That’s a hard no for me….

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 1:38 am
I'm sorry I know this wasn't the point of your thread, but I wish every mother who feels this way would take a stand. My 13-year-old thinks this is a normal thing now, and desperately wants one. I have stretched way past my previous limits of what I felt comfortable spending on everything for her (she's my youngest). For example, I got her an ALO sweatshirt for $80 as a prize, she got a Stanley water bottle for $35 for a present for something else, I just got her a Lululemon shirt on sale for 50, all things she really wanted, and were a stretch for me...I told her I would get her a Lola copy from Fame for $60 which is a lot for me--more than I would spend on clothes for myself, and she's not even totally happy with it because she thinks everyone has the real Lola. I am drawing a line here because it's so insanely beyond my limit for a weekday skirt for myself, let alone a 13 yr old girl. If a few uber wealthy moms want to spend like this it's up to them but could the rest of us please stop this insanity?

amother
Honey

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 1:52 am
Im shocked.

As someone who considers herself a fashion maven, but no longer shops for teens, I cant believe how anyone would buy these "shluchy" skirts for that kind of money.

How are they noticeably different than skirts in any other Tznius womens stores?

https://alist100.com/products/lola-skirt

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 2:20 am
I’d love if we’d all take a stand!
It’s insane to spend this much money on basic weekday items.
And the peer pressure is real.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 2:25 am
so join me! please!

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 2:33 am
FTR my 15 yr old who is also very into this stuff claims that most people she knows, including ppl with money, buy the kiki riki Lola skirts from Double Header for 60, and that when ppl refer to their Lola skirts they mean a style and they don't have to mean actual Hardtail.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 2:43 am
and one more thing, exorbitant prices aside, when I first heard about hardtail a few years ago, I thought the name was gross and inappropriate for frum girls, as is the placement of the little red tag. I still feel this way, but I still bought my daughter several reasonably priced non-Lola skirts on sale on the hardtail website that she really likes, and I was hoping that would satisfy her but today she asked me again for a Lola, and I told her again that it is really not happening. BH I'm glad to hear they're sold out. I hope they stay sold out forever. Although they are the symptom, not the disease..Sad

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 8:25 am
I have one hard tail skirt that I got from someone. When I wash it, I hang it to dry. I wouldn’t send anything weekday that’s not dryer friendly to camp.

amother
Magnolia

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 9:08 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
I have one hard tail skirt that I got from someone. When I wash it, I hang it to dry. I wouldn’t send anything weekday that’s not dryer friendly to camp.

Most/ many teen clothing is hang dry.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 9:16 am
Ema of 5 wrote:

No tshirts or skirts can be put in the dryer.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 9:27 am
Teens is a really hard time. It is a very expensive skirt and really crazy but if it makes my daughter feel good about herself and like she fits in and is happy it’s worth it to me. I feel better when I look good why shouldn’t she? No I would not buy 4 of them but I would stretch myself for 1 because I know how important it is for girls to fit in and feel good and confident and if I can ease the burden even a little I will stretch myself

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 9:33 am
amother Butterscotch wrote:
FTR my 15 yr old who is also very into this stuff claims that most people she knows, including ppl with money, buy the kiki riki Lola skirts from Double Header for 60, and that when ppl refer to their Lola skirts they mean a style and they don't have to mean actual Hardtail.

Not for the circle my girls are in. They say the ones who wear fake are nerdy. It’s out of control.

amother
Aconite

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 9:50 am
OP, there are stores in Lakewood that sell it but can’t advertise…

But honestly, if I were you I would use this to my advantage! She can tell all her friends that she couldn’t get any bc they were all sold out!!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 10:20 am
Although I agree with everyone who commented on how crazy this stupid skirt is, I still feel I want to get one for my daughter . For reasons the above poster wrote - she really wants to fit it and the “fake” ones take away from the whole idea of it. I know for a fact that the 3 friends she’s going to camp with have 3+ each. She wants to fit in. Being a teen is hard and she’s not the overconfident type that can wear her non Lola skirts with confidence even though we spoke about it and I explained the other side.
I can’t stand it, but I don’t know how else to handle this and I don’t want her to be the only one that doesn’t have one from her group.
No, I don’t think it’s normal.
No, I wouldn’t spend this kind of money on a skirt for myself
Yes, we bought a couple of Kiki Riki imitations (also not cheap IMO at $62 each)
Yes, we should all join in and ban these skirts!
Also, which stores in Lakewood have them ?

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 10:28 am
I bought the princess style hard tail skirt for my daughter, in Brooklyn Southwest. It's similar to the Lola, but has a waistband. And it's "better priced" "only" $130.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Jun 30 2024, 10:46 am
If there's a store in Lakewood that also sells the Lolas, I'd also like to know which one.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics