Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Are you obese and not trying...
Previous  1  2  3

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Jun 28 2024, 12:10 pm
BmoreBubby wrote:
Oof. I feel for you, been there, done that. Here's what helped me, maybe it will help you. It's SOOO important to focus on: (a) one day at a time - what are the healthy practices that you are going to do today to help you feel well (food, movement, sleep, davening, etc.) (b) set yourself up for success by not bringing the trigger-foods into the house (for me it's ice cream and chocolate mints, for others it's soda or orange juice - all that high-sugar stuff) and (c) make slow changes, like instead of cutting out all of the sugar in your coffee, reduce it just a bit so it isn't a diet, it's a life-change. I learned all of this from a Torah approach to health called Body & Soul which is on Amazon.

Unfortunately my binge foods are not anything too exciting. I have a house full of kids, I can't not have anything in our pantry. I binge on cereal, crackers, pretzels, rolls....I don't binge candy or ice cream. I usually have some of that at some point in a full out binge but they aren't trigger foods.

It does sound like I need to give up on dieting and just focus on small ways to adjust my eating to be more healthy. I'm usually on or off. I need to find a middle that doesn't trigger diet trauma.

amother
Bone

Post Fri, Jun 28 2024, 12:25 pm
I’m 5.5 and weigh approximately 268.

I’ve come a long way in regard to self love and acceptance no matter the size. I want to lose weight now because I feel clumsy and out of shape - not because of my looks.

I am compassionate to myself because I know what the weight is coming from. I’m beautiful no matter my size
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise