Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Is Lakewood the new Brooklyn?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:21 pm
I know there are always new developments being built, but is Brooklyn really emptying out?
Keep hearing people say that “everyone’s leaving Brooklyn” lol I guess I’m just curious. I know lakewood doesn’t compare size wise just wondering if the hubbub really is just relocating to NJ

amother
Dahlia

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:24 pm
Brooklyn is still quite full.

amother
Birch

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:36 pm
Brookly includes many different areas- BP, Willi, Crown Heights, Flatbush etc

Flatbush has absolutely been emptying out for a while. Just look at the schools. Many shut down parallel classes, and many classes have less than 20 kids in a class. And many schools advertise aggressively to try to increase their enrollment

GLUE

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 9:40 pm
In gashmiuos? yes it is

amother
Diamond

Post Yesterday at 4:27 pm
It's interesting but I have fount that the younger generation is migrating to be with other young people not necessarily to lakewood. People are also shifting religiously. This, and age and owning a home is what's driving people to different locations.

Younger people now are buying their own home. They are not necessarily moving to the neighborhood that their parent lived in. I do see a shift out of NYC. I have all types of friends. From Williamsburg to Staten Island, five towns. Flatbush and Boro park. They are moving to Monsey and surrounding areas passic Teaneck. All parts of nj like jersey city, linden. Lakewood surrounding areas-I think they will eventually become their own place. Especially the ones living very far out in jackson. Staten Island has chassidish moving in and the married children of yeshiva of Staten Island moving out. Florida is slowly growing too. B"h the Jewish population has expanded. Intresting lately I have hear of less making aliyah I think it not as affordable option.

amother
Seagreen

Post Yesterday at 4:39 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
It's interesting but I have fount that the younger generation is migrating to be with other young people not necessarily to lakewood. People are also shifting religiously. This, and age and owning a home is what's driving people to different locations.

Younger people now are buying their own home. They are not necessarily moving to the neighborhood that their parent lived in. I do see a shift out of NYC. I have all types of friends. From Williamsburg to Staten Island, five towns. Flatbush and Boro park. They are moving to Monsey and surrounding areas passic Teaneck. All parts of nj like jersey city, linden. Lakewood surrounding areas-I think they will eventually become their own place. Especially the ones living very far out in jackson. Staten Island has chassidish moving in and the married children of yeshiva of Staten Island moving out. Florida is slowly growing too. B"h the Jewish population has expanded. Intresting lately I have hear of less making aliyah I think it not as affordable option.

don't know about young but I have 4 cousins (there's 18 of us all together kneina hara and that's not including two who have been there for years so at this point it's almost half of us are there! ) and two aunts (and their husbands) who have made aliya in the past few years alone. ranging from single late 20s to great grandmother already and everything in between. There's at least 2 possibly three couple/families making aliya from my not so large neighborhood so to me at least it definitely seems like people are making aliya
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries