Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Am I the only one?
Previous  1  2

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 8:12 am
I hated camp and my parents forced me to go for 3 years.
But I suspect that I hated it because they sent me to wrong type of camp and I would have liked it if I was in a more comfortable setting. The camp clientele was way more modern than me so I had very little in common with my bunkmates - dressed differently, had no common conversation.
They sent me there because they were able to get a scholarship there.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 8:17 am
amother OP wrote:
This time of year always brings back memories of my years in sleep away camp. I hated it so much, but my parents pretty much forced me to go! I have social anxiety (although I didn’t realize this about myself at the time) and I was super homesick the whole time! It seems like everyone I talk to has the best memories of sleep away camp and girls are starting to go at such a young age! Did anyone else not like it besides for me??

I went to sleep away camp twice, two different camps, and hated it both times. My siblings went as well (they went to the same camp, different than the ones I went to) and they loved it.

amother
Daphne

Post Tue, Jun 25 2024, 10:47 am
My parents only let us go 2 years. We could pick the years. I guess because it was limited we really enjoyed. I picked the oldest 2 years. Yes, everyone had their camp friends and knew the camp songs and I didn't. And maybe I dressed a bit nerdier than the others. But there were school friends there and they helped me fit in. Nobody cared about the dress, bh. The counselors went out of their way to help us have amazing summers. We kept in touch with our counselors for years after.

But.... my husband who hates sports hated every minute of camp. His parents forced him to go for years. One year they sent him to a camp where shiur was in yiddish. He didn't understand a word and was miserable.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps