Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Baking Fail x2

lovelylife

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 7:45 am
This is why I don't bake, but DH requests all the time, so every couple of months I try it out and, then once again.... have to figure out how to salvage it.

1. Made a cake that came out with a great texture but I left out the sugar!! Who does that lol. It has a crumb topping that came out fabulous. How do I salvage or repurpose it?

2. Chocolate chip muffins using the same crumble topping. Came out great, but some of them are not at all baked through. Can I freeze them and when reheating they'll finish baking? Or any other brilliant ideas?

Not looking for baking tips in general... I'm ok with the way I am.
I'm a marvelous cook actually, but that's because I hate structure and being locked into doing things a very specific way lol.

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 3:03 pm
lovelylife wrote:
This is why I don't bake, but DH requests all the time, so every couple of months I try it out and, then once again.... have to figure out how to salvage it.

1. Made a cake that came out with a great texture but I left out the sugar!! Who does that lol. It has a crumb topping that came out fabulous. How do I salvage or repurpose it?

2. Chocolate chip muffins using the same crumble topping. Came out great, but some of them are not at all baked through. Can I freeze them and when reheating they'll finish baking? Or any other brilliant ideas?

Not looking for baking tips in general... I'm ok with the way I am.
I'm a marvelous cook actually, but that's because I hate structure and being locked into doing things a very specific way lol.

How about rum balls??

amf

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 3:08 pm
Cake- cut it into small cubes and mix into a tub of very thawed vanilla ice cream

Cookies- rumballs or cake pops
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins