Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
An amazing story told by Rav Wolfson

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 12:04 am
I'm sharing this story because it's really incredible, and also because I wonder if others have heard this story and can perhaps furnish more details.

A few months ago, my husband had the opportunity to spend time with the tzaddik Rav Moshe Wolfson, zt"l, who was just taken from this world.
My husband came home and shared the following story that he heard from Rav Wolfson.

Rav Wolfson said, "I met someone who saw the Noam Elimelech." (that week was the yahrtzeit of the Noam Elimelech.)

Everyone in earshot, my husband included, was quite perplexed, as the Noam Elimelech was niftar almost 250 years ago.

He went on to explain that shortly after the war he met a yid in a shul in Williamsburg. (He gave the name of the shul, and the year this happened, but unfortunately, I can't remember these details. )
The Yid told him that he saw the Noam Elimelech.

He had been a young man living in Lizhensk, when the Nazis invaded his town. They for some reason were convinced that there was money or treasures buried in the graves. They ordered a group of Jews to exhume the bodies of certain Jewish graves in the cemetary. This man was part of this group who was forced to dig up the body of Reb Elimelech of Lizhensk. He said that when the body was brought up, he could see that it was completely fresh, as if it had been buried less than an hour earlier. That's how it came to be that he actually saw the face of the Noam Elimelech. The Nazis were so spooked by this that they told them to return the body to its burial spot.

Today we lost a rare tzadik and talmid chacham, and a man who saw someone who saw the Noam Elimelech.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 12:15 am
Incredible

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 12:17 am
Thank you

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 12:24 am
After posting this story, I googled to see if there are any accounts of this story online, and indeed I did find a few.

According to one account, there were two Jewish survivors who witnessed this story. Their names were Yosef Fogel and Yisrael Zellner.

NechaMom

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 12:42 am
Thank you for sharing!

effess

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 12:56 am
I’d love to read more about Rav Wolffson.
Any resources would be appreciated.

amother
Heather

Post Mon, Jun 24 2024, 1:05 am
Wow!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational