Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
It’s hot! 🥵

agarf

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 7:56 am
Ever since I started having kids, I get overwhelmingly hot so easily. Like - I have to find a private space so I can air out for a minute. It’s getting to I can’t leave my house unless I’m going straight to the cool car. Even inside the house, carrying my kids, cooking, I’m sweating.

Any suggestions for some light weight brands/stores/fabrics? I have tried oversized T-shirt dresses, but even the tznius brands I’ve tried the fabric seems too thick. I ordered some linen clothes from China, hopefully those are good? Cotton, modal, Lycra, which is best for the summer!?

And also - does this ever go away? I was a “cold” person before and I miss it. I’m scared to be pregnant again because I don’t think I can get much hotter!

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 8:08 am
Me too!
And trying to avoid underarm stains

elaela

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 8:24 am
And I'm chubby too and need to layer in order to feel confident ( think tights and shorts, long sleeve she'll and blouse on top.. )

I bring a second shell along to change into during the day. Short Cold baths help me at home.

At least my feet dont sweat in tights , for some reason I was spared this trouble...my colleague is skinny and a [gentile] ( wears short summerclothes and sandals) but her feet sweat a lot...

That makes ne think that id probably be also sweaty if I hadn't had to wear according to our minhag 😀 it's just super hot and without ac it's hard.

bsy

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 8:26 am
Only wear cotton

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 9:29 am
I’m the same way, used to be a cold person and now can’t tolerate the heat. No advice, just commiserating

amother
Lightgreen

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 9:30 am
elaela wrote:
And I'm chubby too and need to layer in order to feel confident ( think tights and shorts, long sleeve she'll and blouse on top.. )

I bring a second shell along to change into during the day. Short Cold baths help me at home.

At least my feet dont sweat in tights , for some reason I was spared this trouble...my colleague is skinny and a [gentile] ( wears short summerclothes and sandals) but her feet sweat a lot...

That makes ne think that id probably be also sweaty if I hadn't had to wear according to our minhag 😀 it's just super hot and without ac it's hard.

No ac? How do you live?? Ours is on constantly on 70

amother
Sunflower

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 9:49 am
I wear cotton and linen as much as possible. I buy clothes from Korea. Quality is great and they wear the more natural fibers.

amother
Mocha

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 9:53 am
Maybe we need to learn something from the Muslim mode of dress… their long, light colored, cotton robes seem so airy….

mushkamothers

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 9:54 am
Natural fibers only, cotton or linen
Also maybe you should check your thyroid

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 9:56 am
amother Mocha wrote:
Maybe we need to learn something from the Muslim mode of dress… their long, light colored, cotton robes seem so airy….

Light colored? It’s mostly black. They look thick and not breathable. Are you talking about Indian dress? The long flowy wrap robes?

oneofakind

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 10:00 am
Loose cotton

amother
Mocha

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 10:07 am
amother Taupe wrote:
Light colored? It’s mostly black. They look thick and not breathable. Are you talking about Indian dress? The long flowy wrap robes?

Uh no.

I’m obviously talking about those fresh light ones. You can practically be naked underneath those and it’s cool and cotton. Same for their men.

If you think about it, our ancestors actually also wore robes and sandals. They lived in scorching hot Middle East and that was the only way to survive the sun. Maybe we need to bring that back. Protects the skin and keeps you cool.

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Jun 21 2024, 10:12 am
Cotton and linen only. It's hard cuz sometimes skirts are see through. If anyone has a link to a 100% cotton slip I'd love one!

I wear viscose as well, although it's a type of poly it's much more breathable and gives me more options to find clothing.

I don't buy anything that needs a shell during the summer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics