Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Last minute supper ideas

TravelHearter  

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:07 pm
I don’t have any chicken/meat defrosted. I don’t want to take something out now to defrost bc I only have the next hour to prep it before the kids come come and I can technically spend a few minutes on it then but not more than that. So it can’t be chicken/meat. I only have 3 eggs in my fridge. I made pasta two days ago but maybe I can do it again if it’s a different type.
Any ideas??

NotFunny  

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:29 pm
Do you have a Betty Crocker?

teachkids  

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:30 pm
If you have chicken cutlets in your freezer, you can chop them into nuggets still frozen, egg and bread, and then leave them on your counter to defrost on your counter for a bit over an hour before popping them in the oven for about 40 min.

NotFunny  

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:32 pm
teachkids wrote:
If you have chicken cutlets in your freezer, you can chop them into nuggets still frozen, egg and bread, and then leave them on your counter to defrost on your counter for a bit over an hour before popping them in the oven for about 40 min.

Or dump The frozen chicken cutlets in ziplock bag, add whatever you want to marinade and let it defrost the next hour. It breaks up easily.
Bake in oven or fry in Betty Crocker right before you need

snooper86  

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:32 pm
teachkids wrote:

Curious how you chop frozen cutlets? Also at least for me they are all clumped together when frozen so how do you take apart? (I’m assuming they are cleaned in advance since I can’t see how it’s possible to clean frozen)
I’d love to know cuz so many times I’ve forgotten to take out of the freezer so couldn’t use it that day.

NotFunny  

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:34 pm
snooper86 wrote:
Curious how you chop frozen cutlets? Also at least for me they are all clumped together when frozen so how do you take apart? (I’m assuming they are cleaned in advance since I can’t see how it’s possible to clean frozen)
I’d love to know cuz so many times I’ve forgotten to take out of the freezer so couldn’t use it that day.

I freeze them cleaned and size I want in an aluminum pan with parchment paper between layers.

TravelHearter

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:36 pm
So my cutlets are frozen in the packages I buy them in. Way too thick too cut, even if I decide to not clean it. And my Betty is broken:( I guess I might have to do pasta again but need a different idea than the other pasta I made.

snooper86  

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:38 pm
NotFunny wrote:
I freeze them cleaned and size I want in an aluminum pan with parchment paper between layers.

Thanks, I’ve been trying to freeze cleaned lately but then I dump all in a ziplock, I should do the parchment next time.

scruffy

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:38 pm
Do you have any beans? We're big fans. I make bean burgers, burrito bowls, vegetarian chili

snooper86  

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:40 pm
TravelHearter wrote:
So my cutlets are frozen in the packages I buy them in. Way too thick too cut, even if I decide to not clean it. And my Betty is broken:( I guess I might have to do pasta again but need a different idea than the other pasta I made.

Any falafel, fish sticks etc? Do you have fish you can pair with some salad or tacos? Pancakes you can easily make if it’s something they’d eat. Or you can embrace summer and do cereal or noodle soup.
Pizza, pizza bagels, grilled cheese, feta cheese salad, salad with tuna and crackers.

AlwaysCleaning

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:41 pm
I was gonna suggest dairy tacos.
Layer chips, corn, beans, Jalapeño if you want, purple onion, salsa/sauce and cheese
Bake
Onc it's ready serve alongside guac and sour cream

daredevil

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:46 pm
Pizza bagels
Grilled cheese
Pizza panini/ quadsillas

What about making homemade pizza? No eggs needed. So easy to make, keep in fridge until ready to bake

teachkids

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:51 pm
snooper86 wrote:

A good knife and it's easy to cut. Just hack em into bite sized pieces. They don't have to be perfect. Also, how much cleaning do your cutlets need?

NotFunny  

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:55 pm
teachkids wrote:
A good knife and it's easy to cut. Just hack em into bite sized pieces. They don't have to be perfect. Also, how much cleaning do your cutlets need?

For me it’s not so much the cleaning, but I buy the family pack and I must cut them to size before freezing. I only use about 1/3 family pack for a supper.

NotFunny

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 2:58 pm
What else do you have in the house?
And do you have a dairy Betty?

Can you do French toast?
What pasta did you already make? What about ziti in the Betty? Takes 2 minutes to prep and needs about 20 minutes cooking time.
Or pasta tuna salad?

snooper86

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 3:05 pm
teachkids wrote:

Ok I’ll try it next time.
In regards to the cleaning depending who you ask, I clean like crazy but others probably wouldn’t.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus