Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Bridgerton season 3 part 2
Previous  1  2

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 3:44 pm
amother Maroon wrote:
You’re being consciously obtuse and putting words into other people’s mouths. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having historical accuracy in a historical drama

I’m responding to the accusation that casting minority actors turned bridgerton “extremist”.

zaq

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 3:49 pm
amother Taupe wrote:
. In those days anything remotely LGBT was done in absolute secrecy.

It was also a hanging offense, at least for males, hence the secrecy. There were a number of rather famous women who never married, some who dressed in men's clothes and passed as men and some who lived with a "companion" who was probably considerably more than that. The current generation has invented nothing that wasn't around before, they're just more obtrusive about it.

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 11:30 am
I watched the entire season and Francesca got married to a man. Am I missing something?

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 11:34 am
amother Brass wrote:
I watched the entire season and Francesca got married to a man. Am I missing something?

It's a spoiler based on the book

amother
  Geranium

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 11:39 am
amother Brass wrote:

At the end of the season she meats Michaela Sterling and she gets all flustered. Apparently this is a spoiler for what's to come....

Aurora

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 11:46 am
Ruchel wrote:
It's so... unhistorical

Why are you watching this show and expecting historical accuracy in any way? for one thing, none of the women have nipple rings, most lack body hair, there are no STDs (which were rampant), everyone has perfect teeth, etc.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 11:50 am
Season 2 was amazing. I found season 3 downright boring.

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 11:51 am
amother Brass wrote:

Why not? Was her character gay? I thought that match was very sweet.

amother
Bone

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 12:27 pm
amother Brass wrote:

In her book of the series she will remarry to her husband's cousin, who in the book was male, but here appears to be female. So we assume that when it comes to it, Francesca will come out as gay. Although I personally thought if anyone was going to be the gay one in this series, it was likely to be Eloise. At least that's how her character in the TV series feels. She's very different in the book series.
I wasn't so impressed with this series. I feel like they're diverging further and further from the books. Series 1 worked the best as it was most closely linked to the book and had more of a plot. Series 2 still kept mostly to the plot of the book, so also had more substance. The next book is Benedict's story, which makes more sense as Colin is supposed to have been abroad for a few years, instead of only a few months. Also it was so much more climatic having to wait so many books to really find out who lady whistledown was.
Instead this series felt so much less as there seemed to be a lot of angst and drama without any reason for it.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 12:43 pm
I am so mad!! I love Francescas book. By far my favorite in the series. I love her and I love michael.
I hate how the portray Francesca in the series. In the book she is so... normal. In the series they made her seem off. And I hate that they made John African American, it so does not fit his book description. So unhappy. And I hate hate hate the idea of Michaela instead of michael. Michael always seems so manly and s-xy. Ugh.

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 7:01 pm
I dont understand why it's so hard to just make other lgbtq shows! Why take a fan favorite character and change it so completely??
They should have done eloise- I never like her book anyway.
I love Michael and Francesca.
I also love Benedict and Sophie and if they make her a man or gender fluid or whatever I will be so mad.
Season 2 was the best IMHO
this season was terrible. So much built up for nothing. Zero chemistry, zero romance.
The whole was ugh
The only good parts were the Featherington sisters clueless comments. I laughed out loud from them.
And niccola is a terrible actress. Besides being pro hamas.

amother
Nectarine

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 7:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
I dont understand why it's so hard to just make other lgbtq shows! Why take a fan favorite character and changer so completely??
They should have done eloise- I never like her book anyway.
I love Michael and Francesca mama's.
I also love Benedict and Sophie and if they make her a man or gender fluid or whatever I will be so mad.
Season 2 was the best IMHO
this season was terrible. So much built up for nothing. Zero chemistry, zero romance.
The whole was ugh
The only good parts were the Featherington sisters clueless comments. I laughed out loud from them.
And niccola is a terrible actress. Besides being pro hamas.

Agree with every word. Queen charlotte was my favorite. Then season 2. This season was horrible. Wish it was a season only about the featheringon sisters and mom without Penelope. Also so irritating that she spent the whole season scowling and breathing heavy.

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Jun 20 2024, 7:08 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:
Agree with every word. Queen charlotte was my favorite. Then season 2. This season was horrible. Wish it was a season only about the featheringon sisters and mom without Penelope. Also so irritating that she spent the whole season scowling and breathing heavy.

She was breathing heavy because they squeezed her into a tiny corset Banging head
And then they went around saying they are size inclusive etc etc.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics