Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Bridgerton season 3 part 2
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 7:41 am
Anyone book readers here?
I'm so mad with what they are doing with Francesca's story line!
Michael to michaela?? What in the world? Everything needs to be queer??

amother
Winterberry  

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 7:44 am
I didn't bother. I just read a synopsis online. The first half was awful for the most part and I assumed the rest would be too. I was right. I never liked Penelope and Colin is such a child. Anthony was traumatized so there was a redeeming arc to his character.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 7:45 am
Nicola Coughlan (actress who plays Penelope) just raised almost 2 million dollars for Gaza

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 7:46 am
amother Winterberry wrote:
I didn't bother. I just read a synopsis online. The first half was awful for the most part and I assumed the rest would be too. I was right. I never liked Penelope and Colin is such a child. Anthony was traumatized so there was a redeeming arc to his character.

I never really got Penelope and Colin either. I watched for everyone else lol.
I don't mind most of the book to screen changes but this one got me sooo mad.

amother
Acacia

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 8:32 am
Is the book woke at all?

I hate the twisting of history on the Show.

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 8:38 am
amother Acacia wrote:
Is the book woke at all?

I hate the twisting of history on the Show.

Not even slightly

amother
Geranium  

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 8:47 am
I binged all last night and I hated myself after for it. There was nothing compelling here, no chemistry between Colin and Penelope, and Benedict and Eloise are still up to whatever they were up to from Season one

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 8:55 am
amother Geranium wrote:
I binged all last night and I hated myself after for it. There was nothing compelling here, no chemistry between Colin and Penelope, and Benedict and Eloise are still up to whatever they were up to from Season one

K its not just me.
Waiting 2 years and I was so disappointed
I loved season 2.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 8:59 am
The books were so fun. Great standard romance with a bit of dramatics for fun.

Since Shonda Rimes is doing the show she cant control going woke.

I can get on board with being color blind even if the reason behind it was so weak because whatever as long as everyone is hot but having a gay storyline in that era is just ridiculous. In those days anything remotely LGBT was done in absolute secrecy.

The books were about a family of 8 kids who find love and get married not about gay sx and coming out. Its ridiculous and im done with the show.

Why do we have to superimpose the 21st century on a show from the 1800s? Not everything has to be represented in every situation. Or even if it does because Hollywood, make it believeable and a side story in secret. This is so dumb.

NotInNJMommy  

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 9:51 am
I thought the Francesca story had enough uniqueness among the 8 siblings as it was. I don’t really like that it needs to go all in on making that deviate on so many levels, to bin the one story with a young widow, who (based on the show) is neuro diverse, into LGBTQ.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 11:20 am
Oh what a shame! Francesca’s story was my favorite! The book is called When I Was Wicked, if anyone is interested. It’s my favorite from the whole Bridgerton series. Why would they ruin it?

Although on the other hand, I was boycotting the show anyway since the Penelope actress supports Hamas. So I guess now I don’t need to feel bad about missing it.

amother
Maroon  

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 12:03 pm
amother Hibiscus wrote:
Oh what a shame! Francesca’s story was my favorite! The book is called When I Was Wicked, if anyone is interested. It’s my favorite from the whole Bridgerton series. Why would they ruin it?

Although on the other hand, I was boycotting the show anyway since the Penelope actress supports Hamas. So I guess now I don’t need to feel bad about missing it.

Did they make Francesca gay? I haven’t watched part 2 yet, maybe I won’t
This world is just insane, I’m getting so fed up with it. I can’t wait until mashiach comes and all these awful people will realize just how wrong they were. Like the Mitzi’s

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 12:06 pm
It's so... unhistorical

amother
  Winterberry  

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 12:09 pm
I find in general that the longer a show progresses, it becomes extreme in some way. Once I saw them putting Africans and Asians into bridgerton I knew it was a matter of time. Most of Netflix is like this now. It's pathetic. It's pathetic because actors are chosen for appearance and not talent. Sometimes they do have talent but often not. And the directors and producers get cocky and lazy. Like Harry potter. I cringe when I watch the later movies because the acting is so bad.

NotInNJMommy  

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 12:14 pm
I find in general that the longer a show progresses, it becomes extreme in some way. Once I saw them putting Africans and Asians into bridgerton I knew it was a matter of time. Most of Netflix is like this now. It's pathetic. It's pathetic because actors are chosen for appearance and not talent. Sometimes they do have talent but often not. And the directors and producers get cocky and lazy. Like Harry potter. I cringe when I watch the later movies because the acting is so bad.

Using minority actors to act (pretend to be someone they aren’t) is extremist?

amother
  Winterberry

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 12:18 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
Using minority actors to act (pretend to be someone they aren’t) is extremist?

When you are only picking them to have a diverse cast it is setting a tone. I have no objection to actors who are minorities but bridgerton is set at a time when only white people were part of British aristocracy. Everyone else was part of the working classes.

sequoia

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 12:34 pm
Not exactly. There were wealthy Black and mixed-race people. From the first chapter of Vanity Fair:

“Miss Swartz, the rich woolly-haired mulatto from St. Kitt's…. impetuous and woolly-headed, but generous and affectionate Miss Swartz….”

NotInNJMommy  

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 12:34 pm
When you are only picking them to have a diverse cast it is setting a tone. I have no objection to actors who are minorities but bridgerton is set at a time when only white people were part of British aristocracy. Everyone else was part of the working classes.

So they can only hire white English Anglo Saxon actors to play aristocracy? Why is this different than hiring Jewish actors or Irish actors? Or German actors?

Why do you think those actors were only chosen for their skin color any more than the lighter skinned actors?

amother
  Maroon

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 12:42 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
So they can only hire white English Anglo Saxon actors to play aristocracy? Why is this different than hiring Jewish actors or Irish actors? Or German actors?

Why do you think those actors were only chosen for their skin color any more than the lighter skinned actors?

You’re being consciously obtuse and putting words into other people’s mouths. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having historical accuracy in a historical drama

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 12:43 pm
The fact that they changed the race of some characters bothered me at first but I didn't mind as much because they still stayed pretty much true to the books story. But making Francesca fall in love with a michaela instead of Michael really bothers me. It's just trying too hard.
If you want a gay show- make a gay show. I won't be watching!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics