Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Very Put Together But Rotten Teeth
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
  Goldenrod  

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 6:26 pm
Suggestion - can those on this thread who don’t understand fund smile makeovers for those of us who need ?

amother
  Steel  

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 6:28 pm
I already answered but want to add,, people are allowed to have an issue. they are allowed to shine in areas and not shine in some and that is human. And I also wanted to add that I know someone from back in high school who had really bad teeth already then (my teeth were fine back then) but was so so beautiful and so kind. I really dont think anybody paid an ounce of attention or cared, she was so beloved and popular and kind and fully authentic and herself.

amother
  Steel  

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 6:30 pm
amother Goldenrod wrote:
Suggestion - can those on this thread who don’t understand fund smile makeovers for those of us who need ?
lol yes please!!! I would never forget it! Id love that

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 6:33 pm
COSMETIC BONDING is cheap and fast.

It is not a porcelain veneer. It is just a special plastic painted onto the tooth that is 'cured' by an ultraviolet light. It looks GREAT. And it is not invasive. It is not the big deal that the other techniques are. It takes about an hour or so, and one visit. It does not hurt one bit.

Even just doing the two or four front top teeth can make a huge difference in a life.

If you want every tooth done that is more of a thing.

It starts at $500 a tooth. Of course it can be more if the situation is complicated.

https://www.tolleydental.com/t.....cost/

Sometimes general dentists even do it. Maybe. Ask.

The dentists sometimes try to talk youi into the more complicated an d expensive cosmetic methods. I think this even LOOKS BETTER than they do.

amother
  Goldenrod

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 6:35 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:

It is not a porcelain veneer. It is just a special plastic painted onto the tooth that is 'cured' by an ultraviolet light. It looks GREAT. And it is not invasive. It is not the big deal that the other techniques are. It takes about an hour or so, and one visit. It does not hurt one bit.

Even just doing the two or four front top teeth can make a huge difference in a life.

It starts at $500 a tooth. Of course it can be more if the situation is complicated.

The dentists sometimes try to talk youi into the more complicated an d expensive cosmetic methods. I think this even LOOKS BETTER than they do.

Everyone I know who got cosmetic bonding’s work did not last long.
Also, people with truly eroded / decayed teeth are not necessarily good candidates for bonding .
Starting 500 per tooth might be half the price of veneers / crowns but cost per longevity it is a ripoff.

amother
  Steel

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 6:38 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:

I know 2 people who had it done, so maybe it means nothing, but both of those people have to keep getting it redone, it keeps on chipping. meaning, it's not longlasting/sustainable, it's constant work which means more time and money..

amother
  Tanzanite  

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 6:40 pm
amother Steel wrote:
I know 2 people who had it done, so maybe it means nothing, but both of those people have to keep getting it redone, it keeps on chipping. meaning, it's not longlasting/sustainable, it's constant work which means more time and money..

Same experience. Don’t waste your time.

amother
Chicory

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 6:44 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
I am put together but despite spending thousands on care I have bad hormonal acne. You seem to have the answers… what do you think I should do, OP.

Same here

Thanks op for confirming that people only focus at externals. I was really hoping people can look past my looks…

octopus

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 6:48 pm
Bonding does not last !! Not for very long at all!! Dentistry is an arm and a leg. And if her teeth are that rotten it's probably a ton of work, not only cosmetic.

amother
  Tanzanite

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 6:51 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
Same here

Thanks op for confirming that people only focus at externals. I was really hoping people can look past my looks…

They can. Op isn’t everyone.

amother
Nectarine

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 6:54 pm
I saw an amazing video of an elementary school teacher explaining to her students “don’t make a negative comment to anyone about something they can’t change in 30 seconds”

“Lipstick on your teeth” - can change in 30 seconds

“Your teeth are rotten and distracts from the rest of your beauty” … not an easy fix

Hamayvin Yavin

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 7:00 pm
Just adding my two cents. I think this thread is getting nasty and should end here and maybe a new thread can be started on different options for people with bad teeth who are financially able as well as willing to do something about it

amother
Brass

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 7:05 pm
I have terrible problems with my teeth. I always try to overcompensate. Now I know it is t working
Dental work is ferociously expensive and beyond painful.
I stopped smiling

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 7:17 pm
amother Steel wrote:
I hav really ugly teeth. deep deep orange/yellow and stained. I look put together. I grew up in dysfunctional family and was not taught to brush or taken to dentists. I eventually started to brush when older. My enamel is worn out and whitening strips are so incredibly painful, I cant even begin to describe the pain. Other lighter forms of whitening for sensitive teeth dont work much, I tried everything. I am in debt and have no money and cant afford the basics, so although I hate my teeth and a lot of other things, there isnt anything I can do at this point.
Hugs, just want to say that I 'beg' my kids to brush their teeth and they refuse. Once they get to their teens they brush twice a day without me having to remind them. This is coming from a functional home. Not everyone from a functional home wants to listen to their parents even when they get proper instructions.

On a side note, Rabbi Avigdor Miller had all his teeth when he was niftar.
He attributes this solely due to the fact that he thanked Hashem or his teeth every single day.
So ladies, a great practical idea is to thank Hashem for your teeth and ask him to make them white.

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 8:10 pm
Honestly wonder what possesed Op to start this thread. To discuss that put together ppl have rotten teeth? Strange

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 8:19 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:

How is $500 a tooth cheap?
That's $4,000 just for the front teeth.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 2:25 am
I was pregnant 10 times and had severe morning sickness with each one and threw up the entire time.
I totally trashed my teeth. Whitening has helped a bit but its really embarrassing....

heidi

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 3:37 am
Cheiny wrote:
Yeah I thought of that, but I’m not so sure it bothers her or that she feels self conscious, which is good. She seems secure, outgoing, lively etc. …I just felt bad because obviously people notice and were talking about it… she’s so pretty aside from that.

Ha!!
So am I- outgoing, friendly, funny and fun.
I spend every single social conversation- and also work conversation thinking about my double chins wobbling when I speak or my tummy sticking out.
OP, Kudos to this woman for her confidence
She has a mirror
She knows

amother
Sunflower

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 4:21 am
amother Valerian wrote:
Honestly wonder what possesed Op to start this thread. To discuss that put together ppl have rotten teeth? Strange

She was genuinely confused and wanted to discuss in what’s supposed to be a safe space. I imagine she won’t make that mistake again soon.

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Jun 19 2024, 4:54 am
True story I’m sharing somebody his family has tons and tons of kids and really no money. I went to a chesed Organization here in Israel. Who has a dental clinic and they agreed to cover it. It was probably gonna be over 50,000 shekels. She is really really pretty but has very bad teeth and there’s no way her pay for braces and at this point point she she really needed a lot more than just braces she needed veneers. I did everything I could to convince her and she wouldn’t do it. It was Going to be completely free. I spent two years trying to convince her and I have no idea why she was so scared but she would not go ahead with it. She is really really great and unfortunately still single. Her teeth are really, really, really bad which is why tzedekah would’ve covered it. 10 years ago and she is getting close to 40 and is still single and it really breaks me hard that she wouldn’t do it. Just saying there might be other reasons why people don’t do things not because of money. I have plenty of fears and yes, that would stop me even if my teeth were terrible. Teeth is not my fear but other so I can really really relate to it. people could look put together that doesn’t mean they how many thousands of extra dollars.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics