Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Za’atar & Pomegranate Molasses Chicken w/Eggplant & Sour Che

Amarante

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 2:45 pm
As the recipe indicates - one pot - very easy - approved by those eating

Za’atar & Pomegranate Molasses Chicken with Aubergine & Sour Cherries

Excerpt From: Limor Chen - My Tel Aviv Table

This is a real Middle Eastern medley, with za’atar, pomegranate molasses, sour cherries and aubergine/eggplant being classic ingredients of the region. I love each ingredient on its own, so I’ve combined them into this punchy recipe. You can find sour cherries in Middle Eastern shops (either cans or frozen will do), but make sure you choose the pitted ones. This is a very practical dish because it’s all baked in one pan with minimal mess.

SERVES: 6–8

2½ tbsp za’atar
1 tsp ras el hanout
½ tsp garlic salt
Pinch of salt
120ml/4fl oz/½ cup olive oil, plus an extra 3 tbsp for the pomegranate molasses glaze
2 aubergines/eggplants, cut into small cubes
10 banana shallots, cut in half or quarters, depending on size
10 mixed chicken thighs and drumsticks, skin-on
1 can of pitted sour cherries (drained weight 400g/14oz)
4 tbsp pomegranate molasses

Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.

In a small bowl, mix the za’atar, ras el hanout, garlic salt, salt and half the olive oil until combined.

Place the aubergines/eggplants and shallots in a large baking pan, drizzle with the remaining olive oil and add a pinch of salt and pepper, then mix well to coat the vegetables. Arrange the chicken in between the vegetables (make sure not too snugly) and brush the chicken with the za’atar mixture. Scatter over the sour cherries and cook in the oven for 50–55 minutes until the chicken skin is golden and crispy.

In a small bowl, mix the pomegranate molasses with the 3 tablespoons of olive oil.

When the chicken skin is golden and crispy, take the pan out of the oven, brush the chicken with the pomegranate molasses glaze, then place back in the oven for a further 15–20 minutes.

Serve straight to the table.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey