Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood girls schools
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:21 am
Hi, can someone please help me out. Between tiferes Chaya and bnos hadassah and bais Rochel which is the best choice? Which school runs the best and which school has the best crowd? Also does bais bracha come close to any of these?

amother
Antiquewhite  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:26 am
All amazing choices . Tiferes chaya the most chassidish. Then bais rochel. Bais brocha is stolin- explains for itself. Bnos hadassa is heimish bais yaakov, frum parent body not necessarily chassidish

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:29 am
amother OP wrote:
Hi, can someone please help me out. Between tiferes Chaya and bnos hadassah and bais Rochel which is the best choice? Which school runs the best and which school has the best crowd? Also does bais bracha come close to any of these?

All of them are great choices.
"Which school has the best crowd" I think people will have different opinions. I prefer the crowd from Bais Rochel and Tiferes Chaya. But, I know many will disagree with me. Bnos Hadassa, has a lot of the younger crowd.
Bais Rochel is the most chassidish.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:32 am
Thank you for response. And between tiferes Chaya and bais rochel?

amother
  Antiquewhite  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:40 am
Wherever you get accepted ! Both amazing schools with good education and very frum good crowd. bais rochel has an older lakewood crowd , tiferes chaya younger parents. Bais rochel is open for decades .

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 1:53 am
@antique white. Seems like you know alot. Between tiferes chaya and bnos hadassh which crowd frummer? which less fancy? and which education better?

amother
  Antiquewhite  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 2:05 am
Are you accepted to both schools ? Honestly its wherever u get in ! I wouldn't stress. they are both very frum crowds, maybe bais rochel a little simpler but like really parents overlap. Both amazing choices and just go where u get accepted.

amother
  Antiquewhite

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 2:09 am
Oh didnt realize u asked bnos hadassah or tiferes chaya . Tiferes chaya is more frum/chassidish then bnos hadassah. Bnos hadassah is amazing, more bais yaakov heimish crowd. I wouldn't say its same crowd as tiferes chaya although you find parent body overlapping in all schools u mentioned.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 2:52 am
Bnos Hadassah has a simpler, more yeshivish/chassidish parent body. Of the three I’d send there soonest if you don’t want to be keeping up with the Joneses.
Bais Rochel is open for decades but very few of the original simple chassidish families are left. It turned very Boro-Park-y when the influx started. Most of the original families (myself included) don’t send there anymore as it isn’t the Bais Rochel of 10-15 years ago.
Tiferes Chaya started 15-20 years ago with a more ritzy crowd, then went more simple, the last few years the crowd is pretty much like Bais Rochel. I find many of the Tiferes Chaya parents to be wannabes but they do have a nice size parent body so there’s all types.

Edited to add that the education in Bais Rochel is top notch. My girls went on to a mainstream Lakewood high school (not chassidish) and they are all at the top of their classes.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 11:35 am
Is Tiferes Chaya like for the people who didn't get into Bais Rochel? or is it the preffered choice for many?

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 3:51 pm
Where do brothers of bnos hadassaah siblings go?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 4:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
Where do brothers of bnos hadassaah siblings go?
The ones I know who send there send their boys to stolen, darchei avoiseinu, old satmar. I'm sure there are some in mesoras avos too. And yesodei hatorah

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 7:50 pm
Bnos Hadassah is an amazing school with the most academic from the others…it’s way simpler then Tiferes Chaya not so chasidish either..very hard to get into

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 9:05 pm
The crowds at all 3 somewhat overlap. Unless you have good pull in one of the schools, you should apply to all. Also, assuming you are thinking of applying at the beginning of this school year for the next school year, you should be calling the schools now so they hear your name...

amother
Blushpink

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 9:08 pm
amother Green wrote:
The crowds at all 3 somewhat overlap. Unless you have good pull in one of the schools, you should apply to all. Also, assuming you are thinking of applying at the beginning of this school year for the next school year, you should be calling the schools now so they hear your name...

I’m not from Lakewood and never heard this protocol. (I’m fascinated) What do people say when they call? How do people know to do this?
Hatzlacha everyone!!

amother
Obsidian

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 9:18 pm
You call the school office now?

amother
Scarlet  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 9:36 pm
amother Green wrote:

im going to be applying this coming succos iyh for my 3 year old... so I call now and say what??

amother
  Scarlet  

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 9:37 pm
amother Antiquewhite wrote:
Oh didnt realize u asked bnos hadassah or tiferes chaya . Tiferes chaya is more frum/chassidish then bnos hadassah. Bnos hadassah is amazing, more bais yaakov heimish crowd. I wouldn't say its same crowd as tiferes chaya although you find parent body overlapping in all schools u mentioned.

we are heimish, no shtreimel, boys in darchei avo, would you say BH is more our shnit?

amother
Oleander

Post Mon, Jun 17 2024, 10:50 pm
amother Scarlet wrote:
we are heimish, no shtreimel, boys in darchei avo, would you say BH is more our shnit?

Yes Bnos hadassah or bais bracha (Stolin)

Tiferes chaya and bais Rochel are more chassidish

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Jun 18 2024, 12:55 am
If someone gets into tiferes chaya and Bnos hadassah which would most choose?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics