Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Very basic important vaccines for baby
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:05 am
Which are the very very very important ones?
I want to give my 6 month old baby only whatever is absolutely necessary.

amother
Tan  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:06 am
None. There are no vaccines necessary for a 6-month-old baby in a developed country.

amother
Mintgreen  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:20 am
amother Tan wrote:
None. There are no vaccines necessary for a 6-month-old baby in a developed country.

This is literally not what op wants to know. She wants to know the basic ones. Comments like these are extremely unhelpful.

Following, I'd also like to know but without the whole "none are necessary" jargon. There is a middle way and so many ppl like myself, op, others, have trouble figuring it out because today moderates are obsolete. You're either to the right or to the left, whether it comes to vaccines, politics, etc.

amother
Dustypink  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:24 am
If I was going to give any, it would probably be polio and mmr

amother
Starflower

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:24 am
Polio would be a crucial first. Vaccinate for chicken pox and MMR asap too.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:25 am
amother Tan wrote:

Thanks. I’m not giving yet but I feel like by a year I should. I’m trying to do my hishtadlus.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:26 am
amother Dustypink wrote:
If I was going to give any, it would probably be polio and mmr

Thank you. Is it possible to give a short explanation as to why these? I’m quite clueless and want to educate myself. My pediatrician obviously says to give all.

amother
Silver  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:28 am
I did a lot of research and personally would skip measles (bc if you look ho what keasles actually is and how it can be treated with vitamin A) and idk why they vaccinate for rotavirus when it is literally a stomach virus...
I would say the most worth vaxing for would be pneumococcal and dtap, maybe polio

amother
Pewter  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:32 am
amother OP wrote:
Thank you. Is it possible to give a short explanation as to why these? I’m quite clueless and want to educate myself. My pediatrician obviously says to give all.

If you want to educate yourself this is a great book to start with. It lists all the vaccines, what they are vaccinating against, how prevalent those diseases are, and everything about each one. Written very clearly with no bias, just facts, by a doctor.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....title

amother
  Silver  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:35 am
amother Starflower wrote:
Polio would be a crucial first. Vaccinate for chicken pox and MMR asap too.

I would be wary abt chicken pox vax, as chicken pox is mild in children and a true case gives better immunity. Reactivation of chicken pox virus is shingles, so if your child gets vaxed for cp they can get shingles as an adult. If never vaxed for cp they would not get shingles at first exposure (although they would get chickenpox worse than as a child). Kind of a toss-up here, but just be aware.

amother
  Mintgreen

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:35 am
amother Pewter wrote:
If you want to educate yourself this is a great book to start with. It lists all the vaccines, what they are vaccinating against, how prevalent those diseases are, and everything about each one. Written very clearly with no bias, just facts, by a doctor.

Thank you so much for this!!! I have never heard of this book before.

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:38 am
amother Mintgreen wrote:
This is literally not what op wants to know. She wants to know the basic ones. Comments like these are extremely unhelpful.

Following, I'd also like to know but without the whole "none are necessary" jargon. There is a middle way and so many ppl like myself, op, others, have trouble figuring it out because today moderates are obsolete. You're either to the right or to the left, whether it comes to vaccines, politics, etc.

Following for the same reason

michimochi  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:38 am
Here's a book that outlines the safest way to vaccinate, including a recommended slower vaccination schedule, to minimize side effects and reactions. Full disclosure, it is written by a doctor who is generally anti-vax, but he wrote the book to guide those who do want to vaccinate on how to do it more safely, based on his 35+ years experience.

ETA actual link oops
https://www.amazon.com/Vaccine.....r=8-1

michimochi  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:42 am
amother Pewter wrote:

Never knew this existed, I want to check this out myself and see how it matches up with the book I recommended!

amother
Begonia

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:43 am
michimochi wrote:
Here's a book that outlines the safest way to vaccinate, including a recommended slower vaccination schedule, to minimize side effects and reactions. Full disclosure, it is written by a doctor who is generally anti-vax, but he wrote the book to guide those who do want to vaccinate on how to do it more safely, based on his 35+ years experience.

ETA actual link oops
https://www.amazon.com/Vaccine.....r=8-1

This Dr lost his medical license over this.

amother
Ginger  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:43 am
MMR is not given at six months and I personally gave it to my kids but wouldn't do so before 3. I need to see them more developed and talking in case chv something goes wrong.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:48 am
Meningitis was the first vaccine I gave my baby.

amother
Pumpkin  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:50 am
None
Hashem didn't create us defective. He gave us an immune system

amother
  Pumpkin  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:51 am
amother Ginger wrote:
MMR is not given at six months and I personally gave it to my kids but wouldn't do so before 3. I need to see them more developed and talking in case chv something goes wrong.

"In case something goes wrong"
Willing to take the chance??

michimochi  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:52 am
amother Begonia wrote:
This Dr lost his medical license over this.

I know. I also personally know a respected doctor who got fired from a bigtime job for telling people how to get better instead of pushing meds.

Sadly, we can't always trust that any board or organization in this country (or world?) is actually there for our best interests. (Did you know that aspartame was denied approval by the FDA for years until the guy who invented it got himself on the board? )
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics