Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Very basic important vaccines for baby
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
  Tan  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 5:40 am
Definitely covid. No I'm not joking. If you're concerned about vaccine preventable diseases, then covid would be the best shot to give. It's the one he's most likely to get, and most likely to cause harm to him at this age.

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 5:42 am
amother Begonia wrote:
This Dr lost his medical license over this.

I know this and it’s mind boggling. If you read the book you’ll realize how sane he sounds in a completely insane medical world

amother
  Tan  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 5:49 am
amother Molasses wrote:
I know this and it’s mind boggling. If you read the book you’ll realize how sane he sounds in a completely insane medical world

And if you read through the case against him like I did, you'll find it even more mind-boggling. He was a well respected doctor before they took away his license. He was becoming too influential in the vaccine hesitant movement (He was not even anti-vaxx!) so they concocted a case against him. Basically, a few of his patients (out of tens of thousands) contracted vaccine preventable diseases, none of them had any significant damage, but they called that malpractice. They were essentially saying that not to fully vaccinate is medical malpractice, so if he's against vaccines he's unworthy of being a doctor.

Shutting down the opposition like this makes me trust them less and less.

Any doctor who's vocally anti-vaxx risks losing their license = no good licensed doctors are anti-vax. Which of course proves that vaccines are safe.

amother
  Dustypink  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 6:04 am
amother Tan wrote:
Definitely covid. No I'm not joking. If you're concerned about vaccine preventable diseases, then covid would be the best shot to give. It's the one he's most likely to get, and most likely to cause harm to him at this age.
And least effective.

Covid is likely to cause harm in babies?

amother
  Tan  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 6:09 am
amother Dustypink wrote:
And least effective.

Covid is likely to cause harm in babies?

I know far more children who have long-Term effects from covid than from polio, measles and chicken pox combined.

tryinghard

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 6:14 am
amother Tan wrote:

What harm do you think covid causes for children? Because myocarditis (demonstrated to be caused by the vaccine and NOT the disease) is pretty bad. And the percentage of children who get even moderately ill from covid is vanishingly small, whereas the myocarditis risk (among others) is not. And that gets compounded because the covid vaccine, is effective for onii or t a few months at best, so you are repeatedly dosing kids with something that is known to cause harm, to mitigate the tiny risk of a disease which rarely is harmful to kids.

amother
  Ginger

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 6:51 am
tryinghard wrote:
Why though? If your (older) kid steps on a rusty nail, they check the tetanus records, and maybe the tigers, and if it’s not recent enough or good levels, they administer the tetanus shot then. Implies to me that it’s something they can give if needed, so no rush to proactively vaccinate.

Did you ever ask about it? The Dtap given after stepping on a rusty nail doesn't infer immunity for that wound, it's for the next time. If a kid is really in danger from tetanus they administer immunoglobulin.

amother
Crystal  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 7:02 am
We were very upfront with our pediatrician that we wanted to do a vaccine delayed schedule. Apparently many times pediatrician’s offices will push for children to get multiple vaccines in one visit because it’s easier than trying to get the parents to come back for more appointments. There’s no medical reason to give three or four vaccines at once.

We told the pediatrician that we are happy to come back as often as needed, but that we want to give no more than one vaccine per visit and give at least a few weeks, preferably a few months, in between each one. So far so good bli ayin hara.

Definitely not giving the COVID vax for the foreseeable future.

One of my kids was in the hospital for an extended length of time, and the most frustrating part was one or two doctors who insisted that “there’s no such thing as a vaccine reaction” or an immune system that gets hyper activated from a vaccine. Our kid is immunocompromised and had an extreme immune reaction and inflammation when he was born. You bet I wasn’t taking chances.

amother
Pear  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 7:12 am
tryinghard wrote:
Why though? If your (older) kid steps on a rusty nail, they check the tetanus records, and maybe the tigers, and if it’s not recent enough or good levels, they administer the tetanus shot then. Implies to me that it’s something they can give if needed, so no rush to proactively vaccinate.

It takes 14 days to build immunity so the naiveness of this shows the stupidity.

Also, you can only get tetanus from animal pool. And there are antibodies that can be given if they are truly concerned about tetanus

amother
  Pear

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 7:16 am
I also want to point out that any doctor who publicly questions vaccines or anything that medical world wants gets their license taken away.

My pediatrician told me he is being harassed by the state because he has a handful of patients who dont vaccinate.
He then told me his friend (a doctor) had his medical license suspended because he gave medical exemptions to kids who had vaccine reactions.

We all know the medical tyranny exists.
So to me, when medical license is suspended from someone I smell foul. Often for good reason but more often for political gain.

amother
Poppy

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 7:16 am
amother Pear wrote:
It takes 14 days to build immunity so the naiveness of this shows the stupidity.

Also, you can only get tetanus from animal pool. And there are antibodies that can be given if they are truly concerned about tetanus

So then why do doctors give the tetanus shot when you step on a nail if it takes 14 days?

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 7:24 am
DTAP- Whooping cough (Pertussis) is definitely around now and is dangerous. Dyptheria, tetanus are also important! Please keep in mind with the increase in migrants entering our country, many of them are not vaccinated and are carrying these once eradicated illnesses. We have received many notifications of these illnesses being present in our community through our school district.
RSV- I worked with infants in the hospital who had this virus and it severely compromised their breathing.
Rotavirus ( my kids had this and had to visit the ER for fluid replacement. My doctor never offered us this vaccine!)
Hib ( this is a very deadly virus that can cause epiglottitis, a complete obstruction of airway!) pneumococcal conjugate
inactivated polio
covid-19
flu shot at 6 months.

I basically recommend all of them. But as always check with your doctor!

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 7:25 am
amother Poppy wrote:
So then why do doctors give the tetanus shot when you step on a nail if it takes 14 days?

Exactly what I asked my pediatrician. He shrugged and said really no purpose for this injury but they are required to offer it to prevent in the future . He's a very experienced and respected physician.

amother
Mintcream

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 7:33 am
Pcv and hib because those two can be deadly if the diseases are contracted.
I delay the rest of the v’s.
Whooping cough/rsv can be treated/prevented with high doses of sodium ascorbate (even in babies). 1/4 teaspoon per ten pounds of body weight as soon as you see the first sniffle or hear the first cough.
mix it into water and administer via syringe.

amother
Magnolia  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 8:50 am
amother Tan wrote:

And this is why you don't take advice from an anonymous person on the internet.

amother
  Tan  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 9:07 am
amother Magnolia wrote:
And this is why you don't take advice from an anonymous person on the internet.

Lol. And if you start to connect the dots between all the different posting I made in this thread, you'll be in an even better place.

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:08 pm
amother Tan wrote:

This is why I lost faith in my doctors and in all vaccines.

Thank you everyone else.

amother
Yolk  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:17 pm
amother Milk wrote:
DTAP- Whooping cough (Pertussis) is definitely around now and is dangerous. Dyptheria, tetanus are also important! Please keep in mind with the increase in migrants entering our country, many of them are not vaccinated and are carrying these once eradicated illnesses. We have received many notifications of these illnesses being present in our community through our school district.
RSV- I worked with infants in the hospital who had this virus and it severely compromised their breathing.
Rotavirus ( my kids had this and had to visit the ER for fluid replacement. My doctor never offered us this vaccine!)
Hib ( this is a very deadly virus that can cause epiglottitis, a complete obstruction of airway!) pneumococcal conjugate
inactivated polio
covid-19
flu shot at 6 months.

I basically recommend all of them. But as always check with your doctor!

We’ve had a bunch of suspected tuberculosis in recent immigrants lately. Not amusing.

amother
  Yolk

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:18 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
Pcv and hib because those two can be deadly if the diseases are contracted.
I delay the rest of the v’s.
Whooping cough/rsv can be treated/prevented with high doses of sodium ascorbate (even in babies). 1/4 teaspoon per ten pounds of body weight as soon as you see the first sniffle or hear the first cough.
mix it into water and administer via syringe.

Source for the sodium ascorbate?

amother
Clear

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:23 pm
I did not read the whole post

I grew up in the late 60s early 70s

I think I’m pretty healthy
I would go back to 1970 and see which vaccines were added since then.

I know I had polio, mmr (maybe seperate), tetanus, and a test for TB
I can’t remember which others were mandatory back then

I do know there were less cases of autism than there is today.

Edited to add Tetnus
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics