Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Is this true in a treif Atlanta Bagel Shop: No Jews Allowed

GramaNewYork  

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 11:35 am
Our friend's nephew lives in Atlanta and told our friend that there is a non-kosher bagel shop (oh, the irony) near where he works with a sign in the window saying, "No Jews Allowed".
I couldn't find it in any search. If you know something about it, please reply. Thank you.

Amarante  

Post Fri, Jun 14 2024, 12:20 pm
Seems like a Bubbemeisser - how would they know who is Jewish since the only Jews who would be eating at a treif store would be secular and wouldn't look Jewish.

The only news I found was actually the opposite - a cookie store in Atlanta posted an Israeli flag and was being targeted and there was a social media campaign to support the store and purchase cookies.

https://www.atlantajewishtimes.....kies/

GramaNewYork

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:09 pm
I appreciate you posting this link. If you see anything about the rumor in the original post, please reply. It's so weird that a guy would tell his uncle he saw a sign like that if there's no such thing, but maybe he dreamt it! I don't think he's the type prone to exaggeration. What

Amarante  

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:27 pm
GramaNewYork wrote:
I appreciate you posting this link. If you see anything about the rumor in the original post, please reply. It's so weird that a guy would tell his uncle he saw a sign like that if there's no such thing, but maybe he dreamt it! I don't think he's the type prone to exaggeration. What

If he claims to have actually seen the sign, then he should know the name of the shop.

It would then be relatively easy to look it up on google or Yelp.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Jun 16 2024, 12:35 pm
No Jews allowed in a treif shop? So he's encouraging them to keep halacha and sacrificing his own income to encourage them to go to the kosher shop down the road? How noble of him!

amother1223

Post Sat, Jun 22 2024, 10:49 pm
there is a treif bagel store(most bagel stores are treif anyway) in a jewish (not frum) neighborhood in atlanta and the owner is palestinan or arab and he was saying oh go away you racist or something. being rude to jews. no sign that I heard of

Amarante

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:25 am
amother1223 wrote:
there is a treif bagel store(most bagel stores are treif anyway) in a jewish (not frum) neighborhood in atlanta and the owner is palestinan or arab and he was saying oh go away you racist or something. being rude to jews. no sign that I heard of

Which begs the question of how someone would immediately recognize a secular Jew as being Jewish.

In my experience you recognize Jews who are frum because of the way they "style" themselves and the secular Jews I know run the gamut from those who look like posters for Aryan maidenhood to those who look like they could be in Hamas because they look Arabic.

Secular Jews generally dress in a way that doesn't distinguish themselves from anyone else and the only time they wear a yarmulke is when they are going to a wedding or Bar Mitzvah and use the ones distributed at the door. Very Happy

A frum Jew wouldn't typically be going into a treif bagel store and a secular Jew wouldn't be recognizable as Jewish.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics