Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
URGENT: ISO Contractor that does smaller jobs

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 21 2024, 2:03 pm
I got a few names for contractors who work in Jackson, and they only do renovations. (big jobs)

I want to change counters, but I also will add a sink where there was none, and appliances, that need wiring, and I need permits, so any handyman etc wont do. I need a licensed contractor.

Any recommendations?

tia

amother
NeonYellow  

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 2:26 pm
Bump I need similar

Amarante  

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 2:30 pm
The store where you buy the counter should have installers that you can use.

A licensed plumber can install the sink. You generally select the sink and provide the measurements to the counter store for their template.

You hire an electrician to do wiring and they will pull necessary permits.

The store you buy from will generally have installers you can hire.

You don’t hire a contractor for these kinds of jobs because this isn’t the kind of job they do. You hire a contractor to remodel a kitchen for example as they coordinate all the trades but these are all separate relatively simple projects that most people hire specific trades to do.

amother
  NeonYellow

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 2:32 pm
We have more jobs around the house besides for adding counter and sink that we need and think it would be better to have contractor take care of everything (painting, bathroom redo, add closets, gas line, etc

GeneLove

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 2:46 pm
My husband does small contracting jobs. Pm me for his details

Amarante

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 4:48 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
We have more jobs around the house besides for adding counter and sink that we need and think it would be better to have contractor take care of everything (painting, bathroom redo, add closets, gas line, etc

If you are remodeling a bathroom, then a GC would be a good person to do the project because this type of remodeling project involves multiple tradespeople - lots of materials - and major scheduling concerns since everything has to be done in a certain order.

Your other stuff is typically done by hiring people directly because the jobs are all separate and people change a counter - paint a room - customize a closet without hiring a General Contractor. They just hire the appropriate people directly.

The GC is going to charge 18% typically above what the tradespeople charge and they really aren't adding value to it since you can get a recommendation for an electrician, painter, plumber etc. and hire them directly on your own schedule.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries