mom  
 33%  [ 3 ]
both  
 55%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

amother
OP  

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 9:31 pm
Im at my wits end with my student thats 2.2years old-he doesnt stop biting kids and pulling kids hair... his mom says its my fault and that I need to educate him not to bite... I tried everything and he keeps on doing it every hour of the day-(he knows what hes doing wrong)he talks

bestme

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 9:33 pm
Definitely not teacher fault!
Maybe if it is a special education teacher

amother
Feverfew  

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 9:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
Im at my wits end with my student thats 2.2years old-he doesnt stop biting kids and pulling kids hair... his mom says its my fault and that I need to educate him not to bite... I tried everything and he keeps on doing it every hour of the day-(he knows what hes doing wrong)he talks

You need to dismiss the child from the group. This is the policy in all playgroups I've sent. Biting is not tolerated.

GLUE

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 9:40 pm
He is acting like a 2 year old it's nobody's fault

Add that to your poll-nobodies fault

amother
Mocha

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 10:19 pm
GLUE wrote:

Taking this further, I find it disturbing that as a 2 year old teacher you didn’t already know that…

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 10:20 pm
My ds went through a stage when he did it. I’m so grateful that the morah didn’t throw him out. She worked on redirecting him and bh he outgrew it. I’m grateful that she didn’t blame or shame me and I never would have put it on her either.

amother
Silver  

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 10:22 pm
Not sure if it's anyones fault.

What have you tried in terms of discipline? Personally, I would stick him in a high cahir every single time he hurts another child. Try it for a day, I'm sure he will start getting the picture.

tweety1

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 10:41 pm
GLUE wrote:

Exactly this.

amother
Raspberry  

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 10:45 pm
Why do you even call that a student? I was sure you were going to say a 3rd grader or something.
And why do we care whose fault it is?
The kid is 2! He's a baby!
Not to say that he can continue to bite, but as the previous poster said, you need to completely remove hime from the situation.

amother
  Raspberry

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 10:49 pm
And I'm going to assume this is your 1st year working with this age? Because it is going to come up again every year. My daughter age 2 was recently bitten by a kid in her class. Of course I was horrified to hear, but I do know it is somewhat to be expected and the Morahs dealt with it appropriately.
Don't let the parent bully you into saying it's your fault for not teaching him otherwise. Unless you do absolutely nothing when he bites.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 11:03 pm
amother Silver wrote:
Not sure if it's anyones fault.

What have you tried in terms of discipline? Personally, I would stick him in a high cahir every single time he hurts another child. Try it for a day, I'm sure he will start getting the picture.

I tried telling him that we don't bite, we dont touch or hurt other kids-he just ignores and continues to hurt kids as if I didnt tell him anything

I tried putting him in his crib and explaining to him y I put him in and he said he wont hurt kids anymore-when I take him out hes ready to bite or pull a childs hair

dena613  

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 11:05 pm
You have to send him home.
It's unacceptable.
It's not for you to "teach." You tried that.
You need to keep your other charges safe.

I voted teacher's fault.
Not because it's your fault.
But because it's not right that he's severely injuring the other children, and that's under your care.

Last edited by dena613 on Mon, May 27 2024, 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 11:06 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:
And I'm going to assume this is your 1st year working with this age? Because it is going to come up again every year. My daughter age 2 was recently bitten by a kid in her class. Of course I was horrified to hear, but I do know it is somewhat to be expected and the Morahs dealt with it appropriately.
Don't let the parent bully you into saying it's your fault for not teaching him otherwise. Unless you do absolutely nothing when he bites.

im working close to a decade and I never encountered biting or pulling hair to this extent

dena613

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 11:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
im working close to a decade and I never encountered biting or pulling hair to this extent

So maybe refer him out for an evaluation.

amother
  Silver  

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 11:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
I tried telling him that we don't bite, we dont touch or hurt other kids-he just ignores and continues to hurt kids as if I didnt tell him anything

I tried putting him in his crib and explaining to him y I put him in and he said he wont hurt kids anymore-when I take him out hes ready to bite or pull a childs hair

I would avoid putting him in a crib in another room. Would the high chair be an option?

amother
  OP

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 11:10 pm
amother Silver wrote:
I would avoid putting him in a crib in another room. Would the high chair be an option?

his crib is in our room

mushkamothers

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 11:13 pm
amother OP wrote:

Are you a new teacher?

Give him a biting necklace
Give him pretzel rods, baby carrots, celery and other crunchy food
Sour spray to give sensory input

You can't lecture a 2 year old with impulses in his body that need to be met

amother
  Silver

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 11:13 pm
amother OP wrote:

his crib is in our room

Have you asked the mom how she would like you to deal with it? I would put the responsibility on her. If she can't come up with something or if you try for a few days and it's still not working, I would tell her he cannot come back to the playgroup as he is impacting the other children.

amother
  Feverfew

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 12:03 am
mushkamothers wrote:
Are you a new teacher?

Give him a biting necklace
Give him pretzel rods, baby carrots, celery and other crunchy food
Sour spray to give sensory input

You can't lecture a 2 year old with impulses in his body that need to be met

This is the parents responsibility, not the Morah’s. If the parents blame the teacher & don't want to work along, then the child needs to be dismissed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics