Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
DH ate the chocolate he bought me
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Starflower

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 9:29 pm
If it happened to me I would think its slightly humourous but if for some reason I was bothered I would have him buy another one to make up for it!

Genius

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 9:31 pm
Why do I find this hilarious? Let him have some, you’re not even his mother!!
I’ll write myself a note to ask my husband for a Mother’s Day gift next year.
Enjoy whatever’s left and take a deep breath before you swallow.
Bshaa tova op.

joonabug

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 9:32 pm
I would be so happy to be able to share w dh, would be my absolute pleasure!! I think you should work on your sharing skills, def an important skill for any adult to have!

zaq  

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 10:03 pm
amother Gold wrote:
I know your annoyed but there something so sweet about that

Sweet? That he gave her a gift and took part of it without even asking? What's sweet about that? Either give a gift and let the recipient have it all, or be honest and say you bought it for the two of you to share.

I'll bet if OP had said that she gave dh a gift and helped herself to some of it without asking him, she'd be blasted for lack of boundaries.

amother
Tealblue

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 10:08 pm
Happened to me. I can't remember why but I didn't eat the chocolates right away so my husband ate all of it. I smirked and let him know in no uncertain terms that he now owes me more chocolate. Still waiting...

amother
Azalea  

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 10:10 pm
zaq wrote:
Sweet? That he gave her a gift and took part of it without even asking? What's sweet about that? Either give a gift and let the recipient have it all, or be honest and say you bought it for the two of you to share.

I'll bet if OP had said that she gave dh a gift and helped herself to some of it without asking him, she'd be blasted for lack of boundaries.

It's sweet because it's such a boyish thing to do.
And honestly, I don't see it as a lack of boundaries, it's not like he meant any harm. DH once forgot that he ate the entire box of marzipan that he brought me. He proudly presented me with it, I excitedly opened it, and out came the wrappers Wink
It was a delicious moment!!!!

zaq  

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 10:12 pm
amother Azalea wrote:
It's sweet because it's such a boyish thing to do.

Yes, boyish. As in immature.

amother
  Azalea

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 10:14 pm
zaq wrote:
Yes, boyish. As in immature.

I don't expect my husband to be the epitome of maturity at all times, nor does he expect it of me. Plenty of laughter and fun around here.
That must be the reason why our marriage works.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 10:14 pm
Get him chocolate for Father’s Day with a couple missing from the box….

amother
Aqua  

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 10:15 pm
I'd be annoyed. Why would he eat the gift you asked for? It's one thing to eat together as a couple bonding it's another to sneak it.

amother
  Aqua  

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 10:16 pm
It's so weird to me on this site people are so uptight about stupidity like getting offended that someone wants to buy something you don't agree with. But when it comes to feelings and husbands it's all I can't see the issue, why do you even have any feelings.

amother
  Gold  

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 10:19 pm
zaq wrote:

Its sweet because he loves her bought her what she wanted and felt comfortable enough to help himself. Partially because he probably couldn’t help himself and partially because he thought his wife wouldnt mind.

amother
  Aqua  

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 10:21 pm
amother Gold wrote:
Its sweet because he loves her bought her what she wanted and felt comfortable enough to help himself. Partially because he probably couldn’t help himself and partially because he thought his wife wouldnt mind.

How is that sweet?? That's a super odd stretch. It's more like impulsive, selfish, and thoughtless.

CPenzias

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 10:26 pm
My husband bought me an edible arrangement. Everyone takes from it. I don't mind. He thought of me and that matters most. But I'm not pregnant

amother
  Gold  

amother Aqua wrote:
How is that sweet?? That's a super odd stretch. It's more like impulsive, selfish, and thoughtless.

Oh please

effess

I’d find it funny and make him sign a contract that he has to pay me back kaful as Halacha stipulates!
. In general more flexibility and humor help keep a marriage flowing more smoothly.

amother
  Aqua  

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 10:27 pm
amother Gold wrote:
Oh please

What's your issue? You can't understand we all see the world differently? Oh please yourself. He clearly doesn't know his wife and he should have. Her feelings are valid and it's super weird to call it sweet.

amother
Oleander  

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 10:28 pm
amother Aqua wrote:

Exactly.

amother
Nectarine  

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 10:29 pm
amother Gold wrote:

I still don’t see what is sweet about it. It was a gift he gave her. He should have asked. I think it’s weird he ate them without asking. I guess the rest of you have better relationships with your husbands.
When you get someone a gift it’s THEIRS. Of course if he asked I would share but it’s something he should ask.
It just loses its specialness otherwise I feel like.
That’s just how I see it but obviously I’m in the minority here.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, May 13 2024, 10:30 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:
I still don’t see what is sweet about it. It was a gift he gave her. He should have asked. I think it’s weird he ate them without asking. I guess the rest of you have better relationships with your husbands.
When you get someone a gift it’s THEIRS. Of course if he asked I would share but it’s something he should ask.
It just loses its specialness otherwise I feel like.
That’s just how I see it but obviously I’m in the minority here.

Yes, it’s this for me. I would have shared if he asked but it seems yucky that he would buy me a gift and then sneak some.
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette