pinkpeonies wrote:
Eagle ridge is usually for small weddings or bar mitzvas/vorts
Lake terrace almost always have availability but they are more expensive

Lake terrace was also totally booked.

amother
Orange  

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 9:36 pm
amother Crystal wrote:
Addison park is 80 a person on Sunday and 60 a person on weekday. not including catering. you can bring in any caterer. I had shea Meisner

Why do they charge per person if it doesnt include the food? That means for 500 people its $40,000 besides the food?

Ive never heard of a hall charging with no food.

amother
Eggshell  

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 7:23 pm
Has anyone made a wedding at Lake Terrace recently? Any idea what a wedding for about 350 people averages? Do they have their own caterer or do you select from a list? How is their food?

amother
Linen  

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 7:27 pm
amother Orange wrote:
Why do they charge per person if it doesnt include the food? That means for 500 people its $40,000 besides the food?

Ive never heard of a hall charging with no food.

Because it’s not a Jewish all inclusive hall like you are used to. In the non-Jewish world halls charge for their event space and the catering is separate. Addison is beautiful but very expensive (probably why they have more availability)

amother
  Orange  

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 7:46 pm
amother Linen wrote:
Because it’s not a Jewish all inclusive hall like you are used to. In the non-Jewish world halls charge for their event space and the catering is separate. Addison is beautiful but very expensive (probably why they have more availability)

https://theaddisonpark.com/gallery/

Addison Park is so out of style, its dripping in old crystal chandeliers, and old fashioned wrought iron.

I assume it wasnt decorated in the last ten years. If it was their decorator was clueless, or theyre appealing to the nursing home crowd.

BLAAAAAAA

cnc

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 7:49 pm
amother Orange wrote:

Addison Park is so out of style, its dripping in old crystal chandeliers, and old fashioned wrought iron.

I assume it wasnt decorated in the last ten years. If it was their decorator was clueless, or theyre appealing to the nursing home crowd.

BLAAAAAAA

It’s actually beautiful and classy. I’ve been there.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 7:59 pm
amother Eggshell wrote:
Has anyone made a wedding at Lake Terrace recently? Any idea what a wedding for about 350 people averages? Do they have their own caterer or do you select from a list? How is their food?

Lake terrace almost always has availability, but they are more expensive than the rest. They are also much bigger, a wedding of 350 would look pretty empty there

amother
  Eggshell

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 8:05 pm
Thank you. Any idea about pricing at Lake Terrace? Is their caterer in house and how is the food?

amother
  Linen  

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 8:08 pm
amother Orange wrote:

BLAAAAAAA

I’ve been to a few weddings there even recently and it’s a gorgeous hall. The weddings were absolutely stunning.

amother
  Orange

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 10:16 pm
amother Linen wrote:
I’ve been to a few weddings there even recently and it’s a gorgeous hall. The weddings were absolutely stunning.

That may be, but the decor is very very traditional, and considered "out" by decorators.

It has a chance of coming back, or looks ok when combined with modern decor, but now solid/totally traditional decor is out.

amother
  Raspberry

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 11:01 pm
Were is Addison Park located?

amother
Canary

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 9:29 am
amother Orange wrote:
That may be, but the decor is very very traditional, and considered "out" by decorators.

It has a chance of coming back, or looks ok when combined with modern decor, but now solid/totally traditional decor is out.

Weddings ARE traditional, and I think the decor looks lovely. I love wrought iron. I don't care much for what's in or out, though.

From the pictures, I think if they softened the yellowy lighting, it would improve the appearance of the walls (but it could just be the pictures).

amother
Offwhite

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 10:03 am
amother Linen wrote:

The hall is ugly and outdated but the weddings there are stunning because most people that make a wedding there are spending $100,000 in decor. I saw a wedding where they brought in new flooring as addison parks carpet is so outdated and ugly. Also you need to bring in all new chairs and tables. Many weddings bring in pianos.

I dont think you can make a wedding there and it will look nice if you don’t plan on renting all the extras that cost thousands of dollars.

Eagle ridge is a small place where people make bris and bar mitzvahs. It usually only does second marriages or weddings that o e side is out of town as it’s a small room.

amother
  Linen

Post Fri, Dec 01 2023, 10:11 am
amother Offwhite wrote:
The hall is ugly and outdated but the weddings there are stunning because most people that make a wedding there are spending $100,000 in decor. I saw a wedding where they brought in new flooring as addison parks carpet is so outdated and ugly. Also you need to bring in all new chairs and tables. Many weddings bring in pianos.

I dont think you can make a wedding there and it will look nice if you don’t plan on renting all the extras that cost thousands of dollars.

Thats your opinion. I think its a beautiful hall and im not talking about changing flooring or adding crazy decor. But in general anyone who makes a wedding there will be spending a lot to make it a stunning wedding, its a very expensive hall and I doubt anyone is just making a wedding there unless they have the money to do it "right"
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries