Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Wedding gift for parents

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 12:07 pm
Hi, anyone with any ideas what to give to parents before I get married? They have everything already I just want something to show appreciation

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 1:20 pm
Soooooo sweet.

I am answering this, as if it was being asked of me, as I am approximately 50 and making a wedding for my first at this time.

I don’t need anything, and I would not want to be young couple to spend money on buying me a gift, but showing hakarat hatov is priceless.
A heartfelt note/picture maybe framed.
Maybe send flowers with a note the Shabbos after 7brachot.

amother
Springgreen

Post Thu, Sep 19 2024, 1:25 pm
A nice card and flowers in a vase
A engagement photo framed

amother
PlumPink

Post Yesterday at 12:25 am
So beautiful.
A heartfelt handwritten card of gratitude . That’s what DD left on my nightstand the day of her wedding. It still warms my heart almost a decade later .
Mazel Tov !

amother
Yarrow

Post Yesterday at 2:21 am
My daughter bought bough us personalized towels and wrote a beautiful note. She is a super generous person and loves buying gifts but I was really surprised.

zaq

Post Yesterday at 7:00 am
The best gift any of my kids ever gave me were notes that they gave me just before their weddings, in which they thanked me for the things that meant the most to them--some of which were acts I didn't even remember. I don't collect sentimental things, but those notes are in my jewelry box to stay.

Your parents don't need THINGS and don't want you to spend money on shmattas that will only clutter up their home. Genuine hakarat hatov, naming specifics, is priceless and means the most.

amother
Hyssop

Post Yesterday at 8:00 am
amother PlumPink wrote:
So beautiful.
A heartfelt handwritten card of gratitude . That’s what DD left on my nightstand the day of her wedding. It still warms my heart almost a decade later .
Mazel Tov !

Ds didnt have time to do it before the wedding so during sheva bruchos he gave us the note. Dh and I were both crying reading it. It was beautiful

amother
Mayflower

Post Yesterday at 8:18 am
I would see if there is something special for the house she would appreciate but not treat herself to. Oftentimes mothers are stretching themselves buying all new housewares and shiny new appliances and gorgeous linens for their daughters, but take a look at their own worn items and feel a pang.
This would also be a thoughtful way to thank her for everything that she's getting for you.

amother
Holly

Post Yesterday at 10:35 am
My brother and I got married a few weeks apart. We were the last 2 to get married of the siblings. We knew my parents were on overdrive making 2 weddings and wanted to get my parents something nice.

We got my father a new smaller set of shas. He had chavrusas and would shlep a massive shas with him. We got my mother a nice more expensive watch that she'd never buy herself. They both really appreciated.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics