Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I`m from Stamford Hill, London AMA
  Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 14  15  16  Next

amother
  Tiffanyblue  

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 7:15 pm
Ya I wasnt trying to talk so much about the schools aspect of it and again I feel like people get the wrong end of the stick... Yes I had a bad experience with a school like satmar - but unlike what Valerian wrote I actually dont think it has anything to do with satmar shittes! I come from a satmar home and even though I didnt marry somsone that is satmar.. I have the utmost respect for the chassidus and I am still chassidish on the other hand I think chasiddus in general is an awesome thing! and why I obviouslt cant talk for schools I didnt go to I went to london sem which had mostly girls from BCL and YHS and even though yes I can say the faculty was a big improvement over the staff at Satmar it was still sorely lacking espeically for a seminary!! Valerian exactly what you wrote occurs in satmar occured their also ( I went to teach there at one point and was told my shietel is too long to teach there (a secular subject) but when I asked ok so do you want me to come back they said yes! so basically tell me off but you need me to teach so wtvr..) and whoever mentioned that chinuch should come from home I absolutely agree! I feel though that the generall oilem here and not to mean to talk loshon hora! you are all amazing well meaning people! but so so covered up and under such pressure and are missing such a beautiful part of yiddishkeit... Every jew is a gem and a perfect one. This message is not very recognised here locally...

amother
  Navy  

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 7:17 pm
Until someone puts a ban on it like what happened to the mens show…

amother
  Tiffanyblue  

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 7:18 pm
Looking foward to another show! And to prove my point mark my words but EVERY school will ban it! and you never know the UOHC might also ban it like they banned Bracha Jaffes concert... YHS lit banned Dobby Baums kumzitz last motze shabbos... Is this our trajectory? srsly?

Last edited by amother on Sat, Oct 28 2023, 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
  Springgreen  

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 7:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
And by the way there are plenty of things about Satmar that irk me as well, I just wanted to know why the general overview of Satmar is negative in Stamford Hill. Thanks for clarifying. I would love to hear more people`s views.

From my YHS neutral-style perspective, Satmar is viewed the same way as any other local Chassidish school and community. I honestly don't know of any negative connotations. I like many people (neighbours, colleagues) from Satmar a lot despite us having almost nothing in common. On the contrary, I feel like they make up most of Stamford Hill and are major representatives of the area. Who do you feel looks down at you?

amother
  Tiffanyblue

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 7:19 pm
Looking foward to another show! And to prove my point mark my words but EVERY school will ban it! and you never know the UOHC might also ban it like they banned Bracha Jaffes concert... YHS lit banned Dobby Baums kumzitz last motze shabbos... Is this our trajectory? srsly?

amother
  Navy  

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 7:22 pm
I didn’t know YHS banned Dobby Baum. I’m a YHS mother and my girls went. Dobby actually went to BCL.

amother
  Valerian  

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 7:33 pm
amother Navy wrote:
Until someone puts a ban on it like what happened to the mens show…

Yes, completely. Oiy, this banning stuff is so daft. It makes my blood boil.

amother
  White  

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 7:35 pm
I know that is proper ridiculous
They banned tue zir chemed play as well
WHY????
The men's show I heard was banned because [of a different reason]. That's what I heard...

[rumor removed by mod]

amother
  Navy  

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 7:38 pm
Who is actually the Rov of the kehilla?

amother
  Mint

I think the reason why most ppl look down at Satmar is because they are jealous....
Satmar school, by far, is the best chassidish school in SH!!!
You can't compare the actual running of the school, the professionalism, the academic level, the outcome of most (I say most cos tiffanyblue went to satmar) of their pupils.....
A lot of others really look up to satmar....

amother
  White  

Gooood question

English3  

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 7:39 pm
Omg this thread is getting more entertaining by the minute.

amother
  Navy  

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 7:40 pm
Who makes all the rules?? The eiruv etc

English3

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 7:41 pm
amother Navy wrote:
Who makes all the rules?? The eiruv etc

Kedassia

amother
  Valerian  

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 7:41 pm
amother Tiffanyblue wrote:
Ya I wasnt trying to talk so much about the schools aspect of it and again I feel like people get the wrong end of the stick... Yes I had a bad experience with a school like satmar - but unlike what Valerian wrote I actually dont think it has anything to do with satmar shittes! I come from a satmar home and even though I didnt marry somsone that is satmar.. I have the utmost respect for the chassidus and I am still chassidish on the other hand I think chasiddus in general is an awesome thing! and why I obviouslt cant talk for schools I didnt go to I went to london sem which had mostly girls from BCL and YHS and even though yes I can say the faculty was a big improvement over the staff at Satmar it was still sorely lacking espeically for a seminary!! Valerian exactly what you wrote occurs in satmar occured their also ( I went to teach there at one point and was told my shietel is too long to teach there (a secular subject) but when I asked ok so do you want me to come back they said yes! so basically tell me off but you need me to teach so wtvr..) and whoever mentioned that chinuch should come from home I absolutely agree! I feel though that the generall oilem here and not to mean to talk loshon hora! you are all amazing well meaning people! but so so covered up and under such pressure and are missing such a beautiful part of yiddishkeit... Every jew is a gem and a perfect one. This message is not very recognised here locally...

Completely. When I read letters in the update where people lecture about the 'reasons' for tzures, and that we all have to work on this and that-- I get deeply saddened. Firstly because such rebuke just does not work!!!
Secondly because I wish people would look around and see thousands of beautiful yiddishe families trying their best to keep the torah - in a society where everything is allowed. Women raising big families- and how challenging it that is. Can we please not load the guilt on them by telling them that they're not doing a good enough job?!

Can we celebrate the fact that Hashem sees our struggles and loves each of us for being ourselves?
Spreading positive messages brings out the best in us, and will help us become better people. While rebuke, and rules just pile on the guilt Sad.

amother
  White  

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 7:42 pm
amother Mint wrote:
I think the reason why most ppl look down at Satmar is because they are jealous....
You can't compare the actual running of the school, the professionalism, the academic level, the outcome of most (I say most cos tiffanyblue went to satmar) of their pupils.....

I'm not jealous if satma school at all! Wouldn't call it the best, I'm sure they are excellent.
I went to and taught in Beis Malka.
Excellent school! Especially the juniors department.
Also, has anyone noticed how many sets there are????
In my days there was London, ateres chaya, belz and satma. Now there are tons!

amother
  White  

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 7:43 pm
English3 wrote:
Kedassia

Led by....satma

amother
  Valerian  

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 7:45 pm
amother Mint wrote:

You do realize that you sound a teeny bit biased...
Have you ever seen the inside of a different school?

amother
  Navy  

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 7:47 pm
There actually no Rov of kedassia at the moment. There’s a Rov that has Alzheimers

amother
  White  

Post Sat, Oct 28 2023, 7:51 pm
amother Navy wrote:
There actually no Rov of kedassia at the moment. There’s a Rov that has Alzheimers

Can't Believe It
That's why I wrote that kedassia is led by satma.
When yemima mizrachis event was banned (never mind the hall was so packed people ended up standing the entire time) I heard that the faughterof the rav, came and asked Yemima mechila in her fathers name, said that they used his name to ban the event and he didn't even know about it. Its just what they tell him nd then add his signature to the letter.
Page 10 of 16   Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 14  15  16  Next Recent Topics