Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
I`m from Stamford Hill, London AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 14  15  16  Next

amother
  Valerian  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 6:02 pm
amother Magnolia wrote:
A shame but I probably know you by face... are you on the school picture in the office?
Did you enjoy the maze from one class to another? By now they redid it on the inside.
What do you say about bnos then and now?

I probably am. Yeah, the maze was 'fun'. I didn't know it isn't a maze anymore inside.

I don't really know what it's like now, except that there are two more frum schools so it's probably different. It was a huge culture shock for me when I started there as a fresh out of sem young girl. With time, I came to appreciate some parts. (not all Wink )

amother
  Navy  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 6:04 pm
amother Wine wrote:
DH is from SH.
He will never ever move back there….
His grandfather is known there for being blind since the war…anyone there know him?
Does his father have a blog? Is he a solicitor on Egerton Road?

amother
  Linen  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 6:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
It depends. I think people judge you if you are more modern than them. If that makes sense...

Well that's the problem...

amother
  Navy  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 6:09 pm
Stamford Hill has definitely become more chassidish with the years. I wear black tights and I’m definitely the minority.

amother
  Valerian  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 6:12 pm
amother Navy wrote:
Stamford Hill has definitely become more chassidish with the years. I wear black tights and I’m definitely the minority.

Same here. Yes it's become way more chassidish. I'm chassidish, but it makes me sad that so many good wholesome litvish people have left. We really need them for a better balance.

amother
Sage  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 6:13 pm
amother Valerian wrote:
I probably am. Yeah, the maze was 'fun'. I didn't know it isn't a maze anymore inside.

I don't really know what it's like now, except that there are two more frum schools so it's probably different. It was a huge culture shock for me when I started there as a fresh out of sem young girl. With time, I came to appreciate some parts. (not all Wink )

you did chol?

mrs sonnenshein is still there?

amother
Brickred  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 6:15 pm
amother Wine wrote:
DH is from SH.
He will never ever move back there….
His grandfather is known there for being blind since the war…anyone there know him?

Yes, sure

amother
  Brickred  

Any other Beis Malka graduates here?

amother
  Valerian  

amother Sage wrote:
you did chol?

mrs sonnenshein is still there?

I think she is. Course I did chol. Did you think they would have entrusted the holy kodesh subjects to someone like me Can't Believe It ??

amother
  White  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 6:17 pm
I love SH
I live on a street with a bunch of kids from m y DD age, you should see how Bnos, Beis Malka, YHS Bobov and Satma kids get along!

amother
  White  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 6:17 pm
amother Brickred wrote:
Any other Beis Malka graduates here?
Hi

amother
  Sage  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 6:18 pm
amother Valerian wrote:
I think she is. Course I did chol. Did you think they would have entrusted the holy kodesh subjects to someone like me Can't Believe It ??

I dont know you LOL

amother
Copper  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 6:19 pm
Can I just jump on here to say I'm married to someone from Stamford Hill- not chassidish and I absolutely love walking on the Hill and seeing everyone dressed so put together with all their matching kids. I love Grodzinsky, it's the highlight of my trip and Coats and Co is a fab shop!

amother
  Navy  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 6:22 pm
Mrs Sonnenshein must be there for years already. I had a friend that taught in Bnos in 1996. She was then headmistress of the whole school. Seniors and Juniors together

amother
  Navy  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 6:23 pm
amother Copper wrote:
Can I just jump on here to say I'm married to someone from Stamford Hill- not chassidish and I absolutely love walking on the Hill and seeing everyone dressed so put together with all their matching kids. I love Grodzinsky, it's the highlight of my trip and Coats and Co is a fab shop!
Where are you from? We have loads of Antwerpener living here. Such nice people. You sound like one

amother
  Sage  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 6:23 pm
amother Navy wrote:
Mrs Sonnenshein must be there for years already. I had a friend that taught in Bnos in 1996. She was then headmistress of the whole school. Seniors and Juniors together

wow. thats ages .

whos kodesh principal?

amother
  Copper

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 6:26 pm
amother Navy wrote:
Where are you from? We have loads of Antwerpener living here. Such nice people. You sound like one

I'm from Golders Green and live out of town now bec I could never afford to buy a house in London but we visit here pretty often.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 6:43 pm
Lol I know quiet a few bnosy girls that are open minded today. But they do have a stereotype of being very innocent in my days. Hi to bies Malka girls. I am a graduate too.

amother
  Magnolia  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 7:04 pm
Yeah Mrs Sonenchein is still there but with a co headmistress which keeps on changing... not sure who is now to "help" her.
She was really good we were scared of her, eventually she started teaching us some stupid subject don't remember what, probably no one wanted to teach it.
She would repeat sometimes the same things... she lost her discipline abit so others came to help but generally she was great!

amother
  Magnolia  

Post Thu, Oct 26 2023, 7:07 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
Lol I know quiet a few bnosy girls that are open minded today. But they do have a stereotype of being very innocent in my days. Hi to bies Malka girls. I am a graduate too.

I wonder if you age group but I am really not innocent by being on imamother! maybe I was...
I actually know quit a few beis mallka girls.
Page 5 of 16   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 14  15  16  Next Recent Topics