Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
I was a staunch Vaxxer then went completely anti vax - AMA
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

#BestBubby  

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 2:10 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
First of all correlation doesn't equal causation.

Correlation does not equal NO causation either.

This saying was invented by Tobacco Scientists who chanted " correlation does not equal causation"

To deny that cigarettes cause lung cancer.

But then they did Smoker V Non Smoker Studies that proved that smoking does cause cancer!

Cadetblue, how do you justify CDC refusal to do
A Vax V Unvax Study?

scruffy

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 2:12 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
1. Double blind placebo studies is the gold standard, nothing else comes close.

2. There is no ethics problem to do a Vax v unvax study, just compare the health outcomes of people who chose to be unvaxxed against the general population.

But CDC refuses.

In fact, when people started demanding a vax v unvax study, government response was to remove all Vax exemptions so there is no unvax control group to compare!

If that doesn't open your eyes, than nothing will.

"Double blind placebo studies" and "health outcomes of people who chose to be unvaxxed against the general population" directly contradict each other.

So yes, a double blind study would be unethical.

amother
  Cadetblue  

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 2:21 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Correlation does not equal NO causation either.

This saying was invented by Tobacco Scientists who chanted " correlation does not equal causation"

To deny that cigarettes cause lung cancer.

But then they did Smoker V Non Smoker Studies that proved that smoking does cause cancer!

Cadetblue, how do you justify CDC refusal to do
A Vax V Unvax Study?

Not sure why people are saying it wouldn't have ethical issues - if we go with the assumption that vaccines are life saving (go ahead, attack me for that), then a placebo study would be unethical.
I'm not saying (and never have) that the CDC is the gold standard for what is ethical and best practice - I'm aware they're politically motivated. BUT they are not the only source for information.

Also, maybe the exact phrasing of "correlation does not equal causation" is from tobacco scientists, but the concept is a statistical concept that is not politically founded at all - it's factual.

amother
  Aqua  

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 2:23 pm
scruffy wrote:
"Double blind placebo studies" and "health outcomes of people who chose to be unvaxxed against the general population" directly contradict each other.

So yes, a double blind study would be unethical.

But this also assumes as fact that the vaccines are not harmful, are not tied to autism, auto-immune issues, cancer, whatever.

amother
  Aqua  

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 2:27 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
Not sure why people are saying it wouldn't have ethical issues - if we go with the assumption that vaccines are life saving (go ahead, attack me for that), then a placebo study would be unethical.
I'm not saying (and never have) that the CDC is the gold standard for what is ethical and best practice - I'm aware they're politically motivated. BUT they are not the only source for information.

Also, maybe the exact phrasing of "correlation does not equal causation" is from tobacco scientists, but the concept is a statistical concept that is not politically founded at all - it's factual.

But that's just it. We can assume they're life saving or life threatening. Which assumption do we make?

That's why there has to be a rigorous process that is always followed. If a cancer patient is given a year to live, he has to fight like mad to become eligible to participate in experimental treatment programs. Vaccines are treated differently than other medications.

amother
  Cadetblue

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 2:28 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
But this also assumes as fact that the vaccines are not harmful, are not tied to autism, auto-immune issues, cancer, whatever.

And here is where we reach an impasse - you'll never get both sides to agree on an assumption for this conversation, which means anti will always see CDC should do a double blind placebo study and pro will say that's unethical.
Anti - think of it this way - would you want to participate in a double blind placebo study where you have a chance of you/your child receiving the vaccine? That's how I feel about the same study from the other end - I wouldn't want to put myself/my child in a scenario where they might not get the vaccine

#BestBubby  

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 2:43 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:

What is unethical about studying people who chose not to vaccinate

And comparing their health against the general population???

There is a pediatrician who did a Vax v unvax study based on his own patients (a couple thousand)
And the results were for autism

Completely unvaccinated 1:715

Partial spaced out Vaccinations. 1:438

And the general population (vaxxed per cdc) 1:45

Last edited by #BestBubby on Thu, Sep 28 2023, 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Trademark  

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 2:48 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
What is unethical about studying people who chose not to vaccinate

And comparing their health against the general population???

There is a pediatrician who did a Vax v unvax study based on his own patients (a couple thousand)
And the results were for autism

Completely unvaccinated 1:700

Partial spaced out Vaccinations. 1:450

And the general population (vaxxed per cdc) 1:45

The whole point of vaccination is that everyone takes it and it provides herd immunity.

You can't just say it's my personal choice.

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 3:15 pm
Trademark wrote:
The whole point of vaccination is that everyone takes it and it provides herd immunity.

Herd immunity is a scam.
Also another chapter dedicated to this topic entirely in turtles all the way down. Read it. You have nothing to lose. Worst case, you say it’s baloney, even though nobody has been able to refute any of it until this point, best case, you come out more knowledgeable on a topic of discussion that you were not aware of all the angles.

skyeblue  

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 3:15 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
It frustrates me when people hold binary views on topics that are based on statistics and data like this- inherently they cannot be 100% right because their view is based on statistics - there is no 100%. I've just heard this narrative on so many different polarized topics - when you refuse to admit that my claim might have legitimacy, I lose respect for the debate, because things are rarely so black and white. I don't claim to be absolutely right, and don't believe you are absolutely wrong. People in the more polarized group don't have the same perspective, and that's frustrating.
Btw, I'm aware that there are people from the pro-vax camp who do the same- your research/opinion is totally illegitimate and I'm 100% correct. I don't think that's right either

It sounds like you feel that since statistics can be interpreted in different ways, then if people don't have a nuanced conclusion that's a sign that their assessment of the issues has been less than fully logical or rational. And, of course, you cannot respect someone who you view as being irrational. (Please correct me if I'm misstating what you're saying.)

I hear that, but I'm not sure this is correct. The statistics get produced by studies, and you can distrust the studies that produced them. Then what? How do you evaluate statistics if you feel that the studies that produced them are unreliable?

In OP's case, her view is based on total distrust of the system and her discovery that vaccinations aren't getting tested properly. She said she would be willing to consider giving vaccines, but why is there no proper testing? Why are the vaccine companies not liable for damages? Why is there so much lying and gaslighting? Why do not they not take reports of vaccine injury seriously? They appear to want people to trust doctors and "studies" and "statistics" more than their own eyes and ears.

In such a situation, statistics need not even come into play. It's a mistake to think this decision (or any decision?) has to be based on statistics to be rational.

Also, re the bold, I could be mistaken, but I'm getting the sense that "anti-vaxxers"' "binary" views bother you more than the binary views of "pro-vaxxers," who you think are "not right," but it doesn't seem to actually bother you. Just saying.

skyeblue

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 3:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
Herd immunity is a scam.
Also another chapter dedicated to this topic entirely in turtles all the way down. Read it. You have nothing to lose. Worst case, you say it’s baloney, even though nobody has been able to refute any of it until this point, best case, you come out more knowledgeable on a topic of discussion that you were not aware of all the angles.

Also, why do *I* have to sacrifice *my child* to *your* herd immunity? (Not you literally, OP)

Trademark  

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 3:19 pm
skyeblue wrote:
Also, why do *I* have to sacrifice *my child* to *your* herd immunity? (Not you literally, OP)

You're not sacrificing your child. You are protecting your family's health and the community's health, which btw we have an obligation to follow doctors.

As yidden we have a responsibility to one another.

This extreme individualism isn't a Jewish concept.

amother
  Aqua  

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 3:33 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
And here is where we reach an impasse - you'll never get both sides to agree on an assumption for this conversation, which means anti will always see CDC should do a double blind placebo study and pro will say that's unethical.
Anti - think of it this way - would you want to participate in a double blind placebo study where you have a chance of you/your child receiving the vaccine? That's how I feel about the same study from the other end - I wouldn't want to put myself/my child in a scenario where they might not get the vaccine

That's why it's important to rigidly follow the regular rules and protocols as required for the approval of any medication. I don't think it would be impossible to find trial subjects who don't care whether their child gets the vaccine or not for purposes of conducting the trial.

#BestBubby  

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 3:33 pm
Trademark wrote:

If the vaccines work and you are immune ,

why do you care if someone is unvaxxed?

PS

There is no "herd immunity " by vaccination because it wears off, doesn't work on everyone

Herd immunity is when most of population gets the disease and has natural life long immunity.

Last edited by #BestBubby on Thu, Sep 28 2023, 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
  Aqua  

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 3:35 pm
Trademark wrote:
You're not sacrificing your child. You are protecting your family's health and the community's health, which btw we have an obligation to follow doctors.

As yidden we have a responsibility to one another.

This extreme individualism isn't a Jewish concept.

But that's just the question, isn't it? Am I protecting everyone's health or am I risking my child's health while conferring no benefit on anyone?

We don't have clear answers precisely because the initial steps were skipped or done improperly, such as no placebo trials.

Trademark  

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 3:35 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
If the vaccines work and you are immune ,

why do you care if someone is unvaxxed?

Because babies and people with weak immune systems/medical issues who can't get vaccinated are at risk.

#BestBubby  

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 3:38 pm
Trademark wrote:
Because babies and people with weak immune systems/medical issues who can't get vaccinated are at risk.

The Supreme Court stated that vaccines are inherently unsafe.

Cant force someone to risk their life for another.

And live vaccines are a risk to babies and sick.

If mothers had the disease like measles, their babies have stronger immunity than if mothers were vaxxed.

Trademark  

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 3:40 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
The Supreme Court stated that vaccines are inherently unsafe.

Cant force someone to risk their life for another.

And live vaccines are a risk to babies and sick.

If mothers had the disease like measles, their babies have stronger immunity than if mothers were vaxxed.

Who cares what the supreme court said?

We are talking about putting others in danger.

amother
  Aqua  

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 3:45 pm
Trademark wrote:

That's what I thought, too, until the covid vaccine when they claimed that if you are immunocompromised or elderly, that was even more of a reason to GET the vaccine. Literally made no sense.

Trademark  

Post Thu, Sep 28 2023, 3:47 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
That's what I thought, too, until the covid vaccine when they claimed that if you are immunocompromised or elderly, that was even more of a reason to GET the vaccine. Literally made no sense.

I agree with you on the covid vax.

I'm talking more of the standard childhood vaccines.

I don't think because the covid vax became so political (I don't trust them on the covid vax either) that the other vaccines based on years of research and have not been politicized (besides for a few anti-vax) have to be put under the same category.
Page 6 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics