Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Ami serial by Riva Pomerantz Take 2
  Previous  1  2  3 17  18  19 40  41  42  Next

amother
  Vermilion  

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 8:11 am
amother Ivory wrote:
It wasn’t he was just oblivious!

I believe the husband living with this psycho Bella caused him to have an attitude towards her

The husband caused aryeh to like his mother?
Can you explain?

amother
  Ivory  

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 8:20 am
amother Vermilion wrote:
The husband caused aryeh to like his mother?
Can you explain?

She played victim and aryeh believed her cause by the time he was old enough the father had zero respect for her. Now he’s starting to see the truth hence is why he called the father to let him know the plan

amother
  Mayflower  

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 8:28 am
Seeing the reactions on this thread made me actually open the ami before Shabbos just to read this..

OMG. I’m literally in shock. But my feeling is the same since the beginning of this serial. Miri needs SOMEONE trusted to talk to. It’s totally fine if it’s not her mother or a therapist. Talking to Mrs T will totally blow the whole thing up even though she doesn’t know that yet. But like an older cousin, her kallah teacher, a Rebbetzin, literally anyone and half of the crisises could have been avoided

amother
  Sapphire  

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 8:40 am
amother Mayflower wrote:
Seeing the reactions on this thread made me actually open the ami before Shabbos just to read this..

OMG. I’m literally in shock. But my feeling is the same since the beginning of this serial. Miri needs SOMEONE trusted to talk to. It’s totally fine if it’s not her mother or a therapist. Talking to Mrs T will totally blow the whole thing up even though she doesn’t know that yet. But like an older cousin, her kallah teacher, a Rebbetzin, literally anyone and half of the crisises could have been avoided

How would half the crisis be avoided? Dont see how anybody can help Miri avoid drama with these people. It can only help her stay strong and not take the blame Bella is trying to put on her.
Shes in a crisis because she married a dysfunctional family. Dysfunctional patterns can only continue until a healthy person walks into its midsts and diustrupts it. If Miri would be more confident she might have walked away from the marriage.

amother
  Vermilion  

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 8:41 am
amother Ivory wrote:
She played victim and aryeh believed her cause by the time he was old enough the father had zero respect for her. Now he’s starting to see the truth hence is why he called the father to let him know the plan

Interesting aspect
Bella does seem afraid of her husband though and aryeh was also upset his father didn't help with his connections when the baby was in nicu

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 8:59 am
Unfortunately, this chapter was a real trigger to me as I went through similar situation early on in marriage, except by us it was the opposite, with my parents yelling at, tormenting, controlling, and wielding power and abuse at me and thereby my husband and I had to be the strong one and cut off all contact so that we can redo the whole relationship. It's many years later now and we now have a cordial but distant relationship. The whole thing is so painful.

amother
  Sapphire  

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 9:06 am
This week was truly OMG!! Last week for me personally was worse, I didnt want to read it. It seems that both spouses are EXTREMELY unhealthy, something which I hope does not happen in real life. Please tell me this doesnt exist. One of them is more than enough for a family to handle.
OTOH Aryeh seems to be willing to work on himself, I was impressed that he was able to own up to his feelings regarding Miri and realizing that its missplaced. Something I migh add unfortunately does not happen in real life either to children who spend years in such an unhealthy environment.

amother
  Ivory  

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 9:06 am
amother Vermilion wrote:
Interesting aspect
Bella does seem afraid of her husband though and aryeh was also upset his father didn't help with his connections when the baby was in nicu

The father is not completely right in certain stuff. The father has tuned out of everything and when his wife turned the son against him why should he want to help in a sense of everything was running

amother
  Watermelon  

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 9:09 am
amother Yolk wrote:
Am I the only one who hates reading Riva Pomerantz in the Ami??? Every time I say I wont follow along and just buy the book but....

I think you are.

We all love her here.

She's so juicy!

amother
  Sapphire  

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 9:13 am
No I agree.
Its so juicy that I hate reading short installments. Would have loved to be able to turn the page last night read on. Of course I cant wait for the book to come out to read it so Im reading it, but would have preferred to read it in a book.

brightness  

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 10:10 am
It would be interesting to see if Bella was the evil one the whole time as opposed to being the victim!
I hope Miri tells Aryeh what happened and that they stay strong together....

amother
Black  

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 10:13 am
Wow this week is just...
Why does miri not have her own therapist??
She needs to find one urgently. She needs to have someone to guide her and listen to her

amother
  Ivory  

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 10:25 am
princess2468 wrote:
It would be interesting to see if Bella was the evil one the whole time as opposed to being the victim!
I hope Miri tells Aryeh what happened and that they stay strong together....

This is actually my theory and belief as of now

amother
  Yolk  

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 12:05 pm
amother Vermilion wrote:
Interesting aspect

Did he actually ask his father?

amother
  Yolk  

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 12:07 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:
I think you are.

We all love her here.

She's so juicy!

LOL what I meant to say is that I can't handle the suspense!!!! LOL LOL LOL
Thinking maybe I should read the book all at once.

amother
  Oatmeal  

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 12:14 pm
Miri needs a fb group or imamother to post on. We would set her straight!!

rainbow dash  

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 1:52 pm
amother Oatmeal wrote:
Miri needs a fb group or imamother to post on. We would set her straight!!

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

birdie1  

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 3:23 pm
Ripped the ami package open as soon as it arrived today. OMG! how did the neighbors not call the cops on the crazy lady? How is Miri still sane?

rainbow dash  

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 3:42 pm
birdie1 wrote:
Ripped the ami package open as soon as it arrived today. OMG! how did the neighbors not call the cops on the crazy lady? How is Miri still sane?

I know it's,fiction but I'm scared for her mental health. Just after a premi, sb issues, and now a mil yelling at her like that. Hope,she doesn't get depression or anxiety

amother
  Nemesia  

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 12:02 pm
rainbow dash wrote:
I know it's,fiction but I'm scared for her mental health. Just after a premi, sb issues, and now a mil yelling at her like that. Hope,she doesn't get depression or anxiety

Agreed!!! When I read it I was like 'Bella is a monster!!!' How dare she speak to Miri like that!! She didn't just scream at her for putting a rift between her and her son, she ripped her apart with personal attacks and told her she would ruin her life unless her son backed off. I don't see how Miri could recover from something like that. Crying
Page 18 of 42   Previous  1  2  3 17  18  19 40  41  42  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room