Ami serial by Riva Pomerantz Take 2
  Previous  1  2  3 12  13  14 40  41  42  Next

amother
  Jetblack  

Post Tue, Feb 14 2023, 5:20 am
princess2468 wrote:
Loving the story as well.
I also wonder why the therapist is so sure that all will be fine,
Bella is so dependent on Aryeh. If he won't be there for her she will for sure get divorced.
Can't wait to hear who Mrs T is already as well! Hope we don't have to wait too long to find out!

Because it's a made up story so the author knows the outcome.... lol.

I don't like the things this therapist said. He keeps talking about maintaining healthy boundaries but you cant maintain healthy boundaries with unhealthy people. Been there, done that, got the t shirt....

And all these pages of nothing, can be condensed to על כן יעזוב איש את אביו ואת אימו.....

His obligation is to his new family first, before his parents and siblings. Its so simple, not sure why it's being made so complicated.

LovesHashem  

Post Tue, Feb 14 2023, 5:33 am
Honestly this would be so much more realistic of Aryeh quit therapy, and said he can't leave his mother and his wife filed for divorce.

I know people like this in real life, and I haven't met people like Aryeh who change much. It's really the minority. Would be nice to see an unexpected ending where they get divorced, Aryeh doesn't change, but his wife learns to move on and goes to therapy herself, learns from this relationship and ends up happy and attains growth as a divorced woman.

End the story.

amother
  Blushpink  

Post Tue, Feb 14 2023, 5:55 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Honestly this would be so much more realistic of Aryeh quit therapy, and said he can't leave his mother and his wife filed for divorce.

I know people like this in real life, and I haven't met people like Aryeh who change much. It's really the minority. Would be nice to see an unexpected ending where they get divorced, Aryeh doesn't change, but his wife learns to move on and goes to therapy herself, learns from this relationship and ends up happy and attains growth as a divorced woman.

End the story.

Or stays in a bitter, emotionally abused marriage and is very unhappy (that’s unfortunately many people’s reality).
It’s too good to be true that he will completely change.

LovesHashem  

Post Tue, Feb 14 2023, 10:22 am
amother Blushpink wrote:
Or stays in a bitter, emotionally abused marriage and is very unhappy (that’s unfortunately many people’s reality).
It’s too good to be true that he will completely change.

She seems pretty strong willed though. She's considering divorce and gave him an ultimatum.

amother
  Blueberry  

Post Tue, Feb 14 2023, 11:14 am
LovesHashem wrote:
She seems pretty strong willed though. She's considering divorce and gave him an ultimatum.

Yes. She went from being timid, naive Miri. To being someone very courageous and demanding.

brightness  

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 4:52 pm
What did you think about this week's issue? Getting somewhere slowly.

amother
  Nemesia  

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 4:55 pm
I think that those who said that Aryeh's mother is the problem more than his father either have inside information or are incredibly intuitive 😃

amother
  Honey  

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 4:57 pm
What happened this week?

amother
  Impatiens  

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 4:58 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
I think that those who said that Aryeh's mother is the problem more than his father either have inside information or are incredibly intuitive 😃

How do you see that in this week's installment?? Yes, she is very narcissistic in her behavior with Aryeh, but this week also shows beyond doubt that her husband is incredibly emotionally abusive as well. He is literally taunting and bullying her.

That's what Aryeh's being trying to protect her from and it's one big cycle of abuse and enmeshment from all sides.

brightness  

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 6:27 pm
So this week she is busy making stuff for a client and waiting for Aryeh to come. He is late and she is wondering why he didn't come yet. Then her husband comes home. He starts bashing her for being so busy with her bakery and then he goes on saying how she ruined Aryeh. He continues bashing her . They get into a whole heated argument. He then tells her she should break away from.aryeh because he will eventually leave her . It ends off by him telling her that Aryeh isn't coming over now. He tells his wife that aryeh called him and said he is going to be making some changes.

amother
  Honey  

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 7:31 pm
princess2468 wrote:
So this week she is busy making stuff for a client and waiting for Aryeh to come. He is late and she is wondering why he didn't come yet. Then her husband comes home. He starts bashing her for being so busy with her bakery and then he goes on saying how she ruined Aryeh. He continues bashing her . They get into a whole heated argument. He then tells her she should break away from.aryeh because he will eventually leave her . It ends off by him telling her that Aryeh isn't coming over now. He tells his wife that aryeh called him and said he is going to be making some changes.

Oh my. Why did Aryeh told it to his father, though, and not the mother? To avoid confrontation?
Her husband IS right about her needing to leave Aryeh alone

brightness  

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 7:46 pm
Her husband said aryeh will broach the subject with her just he got the heads up first.
He was very nasty to her.

LovesHashem  

Post Fri, Feb 17 2023, 12:40 am
amother Nemesia wrote:

There's been red flags from the first chapter.

Maybe I know too many people with personality disorders in real life lol but it was soooo obvious to me immediately. The whole serial has been pretty predictable for me.

birdie1  

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 6:10 pm
I think it was cruel on Aryeh’s part to have his abusive father be the messenger. Thus giving him the pleasure of torturing his mother even more.

amother
Grape  

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 8:33 pm
I actually think the mother is the abusive one and she is so twisted that she convinced aryeh otherwise:

I saw it the week she kept aryeh there late and then expected him to take her out to eat and was mad when he was running late because Miri needed him that’s where I saw the mother was the abusive one.

It could be the father is the nice guy.

amother
  Jetblack  

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 8:35 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:

Ok, I read this weeks installment three times and I'm still missing it. Why do you assume that the mother is the problem? How are you so sure that the father is NOT acting abusively towards her? That sure was no lovey dovey conversation, let me tell you. I have had arguments and even fights with DH but none look like this. There's obviously no love or even like there, they sound like bitter enemies.

Aryeh's mother is definitely very wrong in overly leaning on her son, but why do you think the father is innocent? I dont see that, what am I missing?

amother
  Crystal  

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 8:38 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
Ok, I read this weeks installment three times and I'm still missing it. Why do you assume that the mother is the problem? How are you so sure that the father is NOT acting abusively towards her? That sure was no lovey dovey conversation, let me tell you. I have had arguments and even fights with DH but none look like this. There's obviously no love or even like there, they sound like bitter enemies.

Aryeh's mother is definitely very wrong in overly leaning on her son, but why do you think the father is innocent? I dont see that, what am I missing?

They’re both toxic.

His mother is just good at making herself look like the victim.

She has an equal share in the problem.
She eggs him on and acts nasty to him right off the bat.

amother
  Nemesia  

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 8:41 pm
I don't think the father is exactly nice, but he is not a monster either. It sounds like he is a difficult person (remember that a number of weeks back Miri mentioned to Mrs Teighman that he yelled at Bella for burning the challah). So he is definitely not as evil or abusive as Bella
paints him to be. I think it is very telling that Aryeh told his father first that he is going to be distancing himself from Bella. That would seem to indicate that there is more to the father than an abusive monster. If that were the case, Aryeh would have little or nothing to do with him and would certainly not have told him first about a major decision like that...

amother
Peony  

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 8:48 pm
amother Grape wrote:
I actually think the mother is the abusive one and she is so twisted that she convinced aryeh otherwise:

I saw it the week she kept aryeh there late and then expected him to take her out to eat and was mad when he was running late because Miri needed him that’s where I saw the mother was the abusive one.

It could be the father is the nice guy.

A nice guy doesnt talk to his wife like that, no matter the circumstances.
To me it seems like Aryeh’s father was always abusive to her and the Mom leaned on to Aryeh and sort of made him fulfill her husbands role. Obviously that is completely wrong but the fathers side of the conversation was really mean, to the point where I was afraid he will physical hurt her.

amother
  Jetblack  

Post Sat, Feb 18 2023, 8:54 pm
amother Peony wrote:
A nice guy doesnt talk to his wife like that, no matter the circumstances.
To me it seems like Aryeh’s father was always abusive to her and the Mom leaned on to Aryeh and sort of made him fulfill her husbands role. Obviously that is completely wrong but the fathers side of the conversation was really mean, to the point where I was afraid he will physical hurt her.

I agree with this.

And she seemed genuinely afraid of him. Just a bad situation all around.
Page 13 of 42   Previous  1  2  3 12  13  14 40  41  42  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room