Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Moose knuckles sweatshirt
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Cinnamon

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 12:05 am
amother DarkGreen wrote:
They probably don’t know. I can’t help but laugh to myself when I see people, men also, wearing it in Lakewood.

Reminds me of the old joke the emperor has no clothes.

Imagine a brand named b00bies being worn around Lakewood!

A robe store in BP sells nightgowns under the company name of Plan B. Quite funny.

happyone  

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 12:11 am
amother Scarlet wrote:
From google:
..”(Told you we'd get to it.) "The name comes from a combination of two of Canada's greatest things: a moose and a hockey fight. The logo is a moose footprint in the snow with the hooves representing brass knuckles," says Ally Kemper, the company's marketing director…”
feeling better but this.

happyone

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 12:13 am
amother Papayawhip wrote:
curious- you bought your kids real Moose Knuckles coat?
I always wonder if people who spend this much have a huge general spending budget so their spending $400 on a kids coat is is proportionate to mine accordingly or they just allocate more towards brand name clothing.
What do you think?

I did. They're hard to fit and these look amazing on them. We each spend on what we think is important. Some spend on eating out, some on expensive cars and stuff, and I on what fits well and lasts long. No need to excuse myself. Not asking for handouts here.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 12:44 am
happyone wrote:
I did. They're hard to fit and these look amazing on them. We each spend on what we think is important. Some spend on eating out, some on expensive cars and stuff, and I on what fits well and lasts long. No need to excuse myself. Not asking for handouts here.

You don’t have to excuse yourself, I just happen to be curious if you really think that this is the only company that has a nice stylish coat that fits your kids

You don’t have to give excuses why you spent the money. You’re totally entitled to spend your money as you wish:)

(reminds me about my British friend who told me that her teenage sister is a size 42 shoe and said sister told her father that the only company that sells her size is tori birch)

amother
  Papayawhip

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 1:34 am
happyone wrote:
I’m the one who asked the question. no need to excuse yourself. I’m just literally curious. I asked if you actually bought them without explaining further that I was curious if you had bought off Ali, in which case my question wouldn’t stand. Enjoy it all in good health.

(I wouldn’t get new ones bec of the logo tho, especially if these are working for you so well- who cares)

DrMom  

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 2:44 am
amother Lightgray wrote:
Lol here's what I found on Google

When a brand is named after a slang term for the visual effect of a man wearing too-tight pants, it’s a pretty solid sign that everything it does will be out-of-the-box. Canadian luxury outerwear brand Moose Knuckles happily fulfills this expectation, if the opening of its first-ever U.S. flagship last month is any indication: The accomplishment was celebrated by a “House of Sin” party, featuring seven sin-themed rooms (“Lust” featured a mini strip club, naturally) and a headlining performance by none other than Lil Kim.

Yuck. Even if their clothing is very well-designed and functional, I would never support a company which is projecting such a lewd public image, and I certainly would never use my child as a billboard to advertise their brand. And I even more certainly would not pay top dollar to do so!

Its not like there are no other manufacturers of sweatshirts.

What is wrong with people?

amother
Tomato

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 3:03 am
That yidden are okay with this and still want to dress their kids (or themselves) in this brand of clothing totally disturbs me.

amother
Apple  

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 3:13 am
First time I'm hearing of this. I Don't think that ppl realise...

amother
Caramel

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 4:46 am
amother DarkGreen wrote:
PSA before you buy I just want to make sure you know moose knuckles is slang for the male private body part that looks like the moose knuckles logo.

I always find it so ironic. Like how do people Kot know? I love telling people this lovely tidbit and seeing their reaction… after they spent that boatload of money on the coat! Do you research people

watergirl

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 4:49 am
amother Tomato wrote:
That yidden are okay with this and still want to dress their kids (or themselves) in this brand of clothing totally disturbs me.

We have an achrayis to be dan lkav zchus. Presume the best, always.

Eta because it was a crazy hour when I wrote this - why assume every single person who buys this brand (or knockoff) knows about the slang meaning or the party the brand did? Why be disturbed at all? People can buy whatever they like and want.

Last edited by watergirl on Sun, Dec 18 2022, 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 5:36 am
Reminds me of the time I went to school in 8th grade with my new "WWJD?" sweatshirt my mom had just given me for Chanukah. A boy in my class was like "Um aren't you Jewish?" We were not frum, but very much Jewish! I went home and asked my mom if he's right and she must have asked around and found out that yes, he was 100% correct. My mom tried to tear out the letters, but just ended up throwing away the sweatshirt. But I'm sure it was not expensive- Mom likes to shop in Marshall's and TJ's! Sometimes people really just don't know.

Also reminds me of my experience student teaching 8th grade in an inner-city public school. 2 boys were making some kind of hand motions to each other, and my supervising teacher explained to me after class that they were meant to symbolize the female reproductive organs. She had a male teacher speak with them about it. I had no clue. Who knows these things?! (I also had no clue about the phrase being discussed here, but have heard "camel toe". But never heard of the brand either.)

amother
Aconite

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 7:52 am
The people buying these things have no clue. I didn’t either until now. So thanks for the info.

DrMom

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 7:59 am
amother Caramel wrote:
I always find it so ironic. Like how do people Kot know? I love telling people this lovely tidbit and seeing their reaction… after they spent that boatload of money on the coat! Do you research people

I don't think it would occur to most people to check whether a manufacturer of coats is codenamed something obscene.

But I would question why a teen needs a sweatshirt that is ridiculously overpriced just because it has some brand name plastered on it. There's a limit to how great a sweatshirt can get. What does this $300 Mooseknuckles sweatshirt get you that a $29-50 Old Navy or Target or Adidas sweatshirt does not, other than some trendy brand name? Do we need ro teach our kids to be materialistic brand snobs?

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 8:03 am
This is hilarious. I think people who insist the fit and quality is why they buy it should remove the logo and see if they still feel that way

amother
  Brown

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 8:03 am
DrMom wrote:
I don't think it would occur to most people to check whether a manufacturer of coats is codenamed something obscene.

But I would question why a teen needs a sweatshirt that is ridiculously overpriced just because it has some brand name plastered on it. There's a limit to how great a sweatshirt can get. What does this $300 Mooseknuckles sweatshirt get you that a $29-50 Old Navy or Target or Adidas sweatshirt does not, other than some trendy brand name? Do we need ro teach our kids to be materialistic brand snobs?

This is less about materialistic kids and more about insecure moms

mizle10

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 8:39 am
amother Caramel wrote:

Why do you love upsetting people once they've already spent good money on it? What's the joy in that?

And I'm just curious, do you do research on every brand you buy just in case?

mommy3b2c  

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 8:45 am
DrMom wrote:

I actually just bought my son this sweatshirt and will be giving it to him tonight for chanuka. I had no idea that moose knuckle was a slang term. I’m shocked that people don’t seem to know this . My husband didn’t either. A lot of people I know wear moose knuckle and they are not the sheltered, ignorant type so I’m really surprised. That being said , my teen does not NEED this sweatshirt. But he wants it very badly and has been begging me to get it for a while. He has been working very hard on himself in different areas that needed improvement and I decided to reward him. And that’s ok if I decided to spend money on this item. I am not teaching him to be a materialistic snob. The opposite . I teach my kids to be kind and accepting to everyone.

amother
Bergamot

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 9:36 am
amother Amber wrote:
You can remove the logo.

Lol for real? Then there was no point to buy the coat.
It's all about the logo, man.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 9:48 am
I remember hearing something to similar effect about hardtail and back when juicy was a thing...

hardtail= hard tail= erect p**nis
juicy= slang for engorged lady parts

Ye.... I remember one of my teachers explaining how our culture's obssession with gilui arayos/ immorality is just like the obsession with avoda zara of the First Temple Era, when every Yid HAD to have his mini idol/'iDoll' just like the nations surrounding them.

Food for thought.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 10:38 am
FWIW, while it is technically a nickname and the logo does resemble that, it wasn’t the meaning or purpose behind the name and logo. It was created by Canadian hikers who named it after a moose and hockey fighting. And the logo is meant to be moose footprint

Similar to a camel toe being called that because it looks like a camels toe.. moose knuckles look like moose footprints. But it wasn’t their intention (as far as I know)
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries