Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Moose knuckles sweatshirt
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
  DarkGreen  

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 10:45 am
amother Indigo wrote:
You don’t have to excuse yourself, I just happen to be curious if you really think that this is the only company that has a nice stylish coat that fits your kids

You don’t have to give excuses why you spent the money. You’re totally entitled to spend your money as you wish:)

(reminds me about my British friend who told me that her teenage sister is a size 42 shoe and said sister told her father that the only company that sells her size is tori birch)

I disagree. I think it’s important to consider the other kids in the class who cannot afford this.

That’s why I don’t wear clothing with visible designer logos.

Java  

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 10:49 am
amother DarkGreen wrote:
I disagree. I think it’s important to consider the other kids in the class who cannot afford this.

That’s why I don’t wear clothing with visible designer logos.

This, and I think it's extremely off to say 'well, I can afford to get my kids nice things, so I'll buy them lots and lots of expensive designer items but they're nice good non-entitled kids so it's fine.' What happened to taking other kids' feelings into account? Even if your kids aren't 'spoiled' in the sense that they feel entitled, why the need to further ingrain in them the sense that designer is cool and exciting?

amother
Banana

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 11:26 am
Lined jacket marked down from $335 to $150 at Saks. Available in Men's size large. Probably in short supply.
You're welcome. Very Happy

https://www.saksfifthavenue.co.....aw.ds

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 11:48 am
So many things wrong with this situation...
The brand name and its meaning.
The logo is obscene.
(And yes, it was on purpose given their grand opening party listed above by another poster. The "hiking and fighting" idea is a cover and excuse. Like "juicy" was really about some tasty produce.)
The fact that we have materialistic and insecure teens and pre teens "needing" a sweatshirt that costs hundreds of dollars.
The fact that we have such insecure mothers.
The fact that people feel this push that they spend money on knockoffs (which could be unethical etc plus have their own issues- rich kids do know the difference and can still snob out the others, the desire to be the same...).
The fact that schools encourage this behavior. How many moms have been told that they should get something "in" to help their socially struggling child?
The whole situation is an issue.

When I was a kid, every popular kid had a specific sweatshirt. I thought it ridiculous to spend money on the logo. I knew we didn't have tons of money but if I asked my mom, she would have bought it. It didn't help my social status if I would have gotten it because they were snobs, bullies, and just obnoxious. We didnt get along.

Plus a fake wouldnt have helped- the truly wealthy kids boasted that their's were real and so and so had a fake.

It is just STUFF. It isn't a need. It is a want. And not one that probably reflects the values of a frum community.

amother
Diamond

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 3:43 pm
This thread just reminds me of the time the head counselors in my camp wore WT* shirts. LOL LOL
It was for some wacky Friday theme but they obvs did not realize...

amother
Black

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 3:51 pm
Omg Im from the UK and never heard of this make but finding it so funny!

Also juicy could be anything, I always think of lips.

amother
Snowdrop  

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 4:42 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
This thread just reminds me of the time the head counselors in my camp wore WT* shirts. LOL LOL

How are you on this forum if you're in 11th grade? This literally happened this past summer for the tc's (my sister in law that's 15 years younger than me told me about this) and by the way you're saying "my camp" clearly you're underage, because you're not saying my daughters camp. Something is way off here.

amother
Burgundy  

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 4:48 pm
amother Snowdrop wrote:
How are you on this forum if you're in 11th grade? This literally happened this past summer for the tc's (my sister in law that's 15 years younger than me told me about this) and by the way you're saying "my camp" clearly you're underage, because you're not saying my daughters camp. Something is way off here.

She may have been in camp as staff. Relax.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 4:51 pm
Oy gevald, oy oy oy

They do have nice styles though, but I'm sure there are other nice brands out there without the need to walking around with a pair of balls on your shoulder.

amother
  Snowdrop

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 4:53 pm
amother Burgundy wrote:
She may have been in camp as staff. Relax.

Highly unlikely. Anyways I alerted the mods so they can come to their own conclusions.

Java

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 4:54 pm
amother Snowdrop wrote:

Honey. Breathe

amother
  Apple

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 5:03 pm
amother Diamond wrote:

Which brand is problematic

mommy3b2c  

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 5:07 pm
Java wrote:
This, and I think it's extremely off to say 'well, I can afford to get my kids nice things, so I'll buy them lots and lots of expensive designer items but they're nice good non-entitled kids so it's fine.' What happened to taking other kids' feelings into account? Even if your kids aren't 'spoiled' in the sense that they feel entitled, why the need to further ingrain in them the sense that designer is cool and exciting?

Did anyone say that on this thread ?

amother
  Burgundy

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 5:22 pm
amother Snowdrop wrote:
Highly unlikely. Anyways I alerted the mods so they can come to their own conclusions.

Why is it so unlikely?

amother
  Lightgray  

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 5:58 pm
amother Snowdrop wrote:
Chanukah present for you ChillPill

amother
Waterlily

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 6:06 pm
OK. The poster stating her Google version of moose knuckles has a perverted mind. My daughter contacted the company, and it's as simple as moose footprints. Everyone relax. Wear your coats in good health. And atop looking for issues that you concoct on your own. Keep your mind clean sweetie.

amother
  Lightgray

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 6:53 pm
amother Wallflower wrote:
OK. The poster stating her Google version of moose knuckles has a perverted mind. My daughter contacted the company, and it's as simple as moose footprints. Everyone relax. Wear your coats in good health. And atop looking for issues that you concoct on your own. Keep your mind clean sweetie.
Yes that’s exactly why the company partnered with P-rnhub in 2017. To stick with the moose theme. Can't Believe It

amother
Phlox  

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 7:14 pm

Is that what moose prints look like??

amother
  DarkGreen  

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 9:51 pm

The slang definition is the shape of a male’s crotch.
I don’t know about you but I wouldn’t want my daughter to have that image on her coat.

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 9:55 pm
mizle10 wrote:
Why do you love upsetting people once they've already spent good money on it? What's the joy in that?

And I'm just curious, do you do research on every brand you buy just in case?

People were freaking out about another brand and threatening to run them out of town because at an all women party some of the skirts were short.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries