Europe  
 5%  [ 16 ]
Other  
 28%  [ 90 ]
Total Votes : 318

amother
Poppy

Post Sun, Mar 27 2022, 6:44 am
I'm "other" and I'm in the majority! First Time Ever for Australia to be part of the majority group on an imamother poll.

DallasIma

Post Sun, Mar 27 2022, 6:56 am
My sn says it all!

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Mar 27 2022, 9:28 am
Hi,
OP here.

Firstly, I truly apologize if my post/poll hurt anyone in any way. I had no intention of doing so.

Secondly, many of the responses made me feel attacked and unsafe to share in such a forum. Many of the responses sound like they are coming from ppl who feel very defensive. I don’t think I deserved to be called “bizarre” or”odd” or some of the other terms used. Honestly, as the responses started coming in, I was shocked to see how defensive and angry the tone sounded.

Yes - I do currently live in the tri state area, and was looking for a more specific breakdown within the tri state area. I recognize that there were other posts/polls asking this question, but those were more global. I was going for something more specific. I didn’t think that was a crime Smile

Btw, I have lived outside of the tri state area, as well as outside of the USA , at other points in my life.

Wishing you all the best.

amother
Steel  

Post Sun, Mar 27 2022, 9:33 am
If you want a breakdown of American or tri-state imas, do an American or tri-state-specific poll. Don't do a semi-global poll that includes an entire continent as one option, a country as another, and then several more options encompassing two of the United States broken down into local townships. It's just unbalanced.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Mar 27 2022, 10:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi,
OP here.

Firstly, I truly apologize if my post/poll hurt anyone in any way. I had no intention of doing so.

Secondly, many of the responses made me feel attacked and unsafe to share in such a forum. Many of the responses sound like they are coming from ppl who feel very defensive. I don’t think I deserved to be called “bizarre” or”odd” or some of the other terms used. Honestly, as the responses started coming in, I was shocked to see how defensive and angry the tone sounded.

Yes - I do currently live in the tri state area, and was looking for a more specific breakdown within the tri state area. I recognize that there were other posts/polls asking this question, but those were more global. I was going for something more specific. I didn’t think that was a crime Smile

Btw, I have lived outside of the tri state area, as well as outside of the USA , at other points in my life.

Wishing you all the best.
Op, I dont think anyone felt hurt. Ialso dont think people were calling YOU weird or bizaree. I know in my reply I said your poll was bizarre. If you wanted the breakdown you mention here, then you should have said so. Thats fine. But you wrote a few places in new york / new jersey (I never heard of lakewood until I was in my 20s and I grew up in new jersey Wink ) and then afew international places. The poll was very specific.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Mar 27 2022, 11:22 am
Also, why is nyc and the 5 boroughs ONE option, when Lakewood etc al is broken down into specifics??

You do realize that Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn (just to give 3 examples) are all VERY different demographics, no?

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Mar 27 2022, 11:37 am
Why are Lakewood and surrounding areas 2 different choices? And at least have an option that says OOT US, even if you don’t break it down. Or bigger city OOT vs small town OOT.

amother
  Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Mar 27 2022, 12:09 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Also, why is nyc and the 5 boroughs ONE option, when Lakewood etc al is broken down into specifics??

You do realize that Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn (just to give 3 examples) are all VERY different demographics, no?
Riverdale and Boro Park are practically twins!
-a proud SAR grad!

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Mar 27 2022, 12:18 pm
OP, what you should have done is label it a poll of Imas in the tri-state area, and leave out the rest of the world. There’s nothing wrong with asking a question to specific people.
It just looks bizarre to add them in as an afterthought (and yes, insensitive, when you make it a global poll but marginalize so many people.)

- A Lakewood (not TR etc, since it makes a difference to you) Ima

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Mar 27 2022, 3:04 pm
amother [ Birch ] wrote:
Well UK is Europe (even after Brexit)
But as for all others, you're right. Plus 80% of the US, Canada, South America.
It's a very NY-Centric poll. It's hilarious.

I think OP just wanted to know who lives where she does.

British people don't generally describe themselves as European. It's usually used to describe mainland Europe only.

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Mar 27 2022, 3:34 pm
amother [ Birch ] wrote:
Well UK is Europe (even after Brexit)
But as for all others, you're right. Plus 80% of the US, Canada, South America.
It's a very NY-Centric poll. It's hilarious.

I think OP just wanted to know who lives where she does.

I live in europe and am from the uk. Here in europe the uk is out! Brexit has happened and they do not recognize them as european
Just saying.....

amother
Nemesia

Post Sun, Mar 27 2022, 3:44 pm
I think it would be interesting to post in the Lakewood forum and see who lives in which town!

amother
  Steel

Post Sun, Mar 27 2022, 4:02 pm
amother [ Jasmine ] wrote:
I live in europe and am from the uk. Here in europe the uk is out! Brexit has happened and they do not recognize them as european
Just saying.....

Out of the European Union, yes. But you can't kick a country out of its continent, and the UK is located in Europe. That being said, it's true that Brits aren't usually included when people speak of Europeans; it usually connotes living in mainland Europe.

signed, a Brit (living in Israel to answer the poll).

nicole81

Post Sun, Mar 27 2022, 4:08 pm
What is this obsession with the tri state area? Rochester is tri state, Waterbury is tri state. Tri doesn't mean "in town" by the people who actually use that classification.

We need a layered poll that starts more generalized and then hones in with more specifics.

Not like I have the time, but I am great at procrastinating 😁... if I were to create a Google sheet for us to record the data (anonymously, publicly available, no sign in needed) and share, would people be interested in filling it out? Or would ppl prefer a Google form? I'm actually curious myself.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics