Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
(POLL) SETSS Providers: What's your plan?
1  2  Next

If your a SETSS provider:
I'm not doing anything yet. Just waiting  
 24%  [ 6 ]
I'm looking into other jobs  
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'm in contact with agudah  
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'm hoping to continue with the agency  
 16%  [ 4 ]
I'm planning to be indepent  
 24%  [ 6 ]
Not SETSS provider/ other  
 36%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 25

amother
OP  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 10:56 pm
How are you planning to proceed?

dena613

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 11:16 pm
Not a provider, but what changed?

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 11:17 pm
dena613 wrote:
Not a provider, but what changed?

The Board of Regents added an amendment taking away the rights of parents of students in non-public schools to go through due process hearings.

oohlala

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 11:40 pm
Can you explain what the implications are?

amother
Chartreuse  

Post Thu, Jul 25 2024, 11:45 pm
I voted waiting..... it isn't my main parnasa, just a side job...
some of my cases have been indep. Hoping they will give the $125 enhanced again.
couple cases through agency... if they end up lowering pay, I guess I will see if I will continue, based on a) how low pay is b) how many indep cases I have.
when I first started doing p3 about 12 years ago, I got $41.98/hour. So if I need the money, I will take cases for lower rates... Or take on my provide cases....

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 9:16 am
oohlala wrote:
Can you explain what the implications are?

In order to get the highest rates, one needs to have a due process hearing. By taking away that right, rates will be lower than it used to be. Thus, agencies may or may not continue providing this service. If they do, provider rates might be lowered. If they don't, providers may work independently, although the rate is unknown. Many agencies didn't let providers know their plans yet. We're stuck somewhere in the middle.

amother
Tulip  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 9:37 am
amother Chartreuse wrote:
I voted waiting..... it isn't my main parnasa, just a side job...
some of my cases have been indep. Hoping they will give the $125 enhanced again.
couple cases through agency... if they end up lowering pay, I guess I will see if I will continue, based on a) how low pay is b) how many indep cases I have.
when I first started doing p3 about 12 years ago, I got $41.98/hour. So if I need the money, I will take cases for lower rates... Or take on my provide cases....
can I ask what your main parnassa is? Asking because I'm looking for ideas. This field does not pay and I'm struggling financially.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 3:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
The Board of Regents added an amendment taking away the rights of parents of students in non-public schools to go through due process hearings.

Do you think this will be appealed? It just doesn't seem right. They can turn them down at the hearing but how can they turn away the hearing itself?

amother
  Chartreuse  

Post Fri, Jul 26 2024, 6:31 pm
amother Tulip wrote:
can I ask what your main parnassa is? Asking because I'm looking for ideas. This field does not pay and I'm struggling financially.

Seit and teaching. P3 in the evenings

BrachaVHatzlocha  

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 6:54 pm
I saw a memo that they finally raised the rates. $85/1:1, $100 for a group of 2. Not sure about agencies....

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 7:16 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
I saw a memo that they finally raised the rates. $85/1:1, $100 for a group of 2. Not sure about agencies....

Where'd you see that?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 7:41 pm
on a whatsapp group for providers. apparently it was sent out to private school principals

amother
  Tulip

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 7:42 pm
So I wonder if the agencies will do groups and pay 80 for a group and take the rest.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jul 29 2024, 7:59 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
on a whatsapp group for providers. apparently it was sent out to private school principals

Did the memo mention rates for related services like ot and speech?

amother
Lightblue  

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 12:03 pm
Any updates on this?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 12:09 pm
Does anyone know how to start setts directly for the doe?

amother
Lightpink  

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 12:14 pm
I never did Setts, I do SEIT and EI ( special instructor)
Right now there are literally no cases for some reason where I live they are being held up I don’t know the story. I was lucky to get 8 hours in 1 school but if it’s an issue I’m going to fill up on EI, I’m literally working with 3 different agencies. Anyone know what’s with SEIT?

amother
  Lightblue  

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 12:29 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
I never did Setts, I do SEIT and EI ( special instructor)
Right now there are literally no cases for some reason where I live they are being held up I don’t know the story. I was lucky to get 8 hours in 1 school but if it’s an issue I’m going to fill up on EI, I’m literally working with 3 different agencies. Anyone know what’s with SEIT?

I'm in the same position... I usually do Seit and I just keep hearing from agencies that nothing is available so I'm trying to figure out what's going on... Maybe SETSS providers decided to do Seit this year bec of everything going on so theres not much available?

I'm trying to figure out what to do as I can't afford to go without a job for to long. I never thought about a out doing EI and not sure it's for me... Are there available cases? Any other ideas?

amother
  Lightpink

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 12:36 pm
amother Lightblue wrote:
I'm in the same position... I usually do Seit and I just keep hearing from agencies that nothing is available so I'm trying to figure out what's going on... Maybe SETSS providers decided to do Seit this year bec of everything going on so theres not much available?

I'm trying to figure out what to do as I can't afford to go without a job for to long. I never thought about a out doing EI and not sure it's for me... Are there available cases? Any other ideas?

EI is age 0-3 so it’s toddlers your degree has to be birth to second grade. You have to like that age also its home based so it involves traveling but you get a higher rate for that also the mandates are smaller like 2x30 the sessions are usually 30 min. There are EI agencies everywhere where do you live

amother
  Lightblue

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 12:46 pm
amother Lightpink wrote:
EI is age 0-3 so it’s toddlers your degree has to be birth to second grade. You have to like that age also its home based so it involves traveling but you get a higher rate for that also the mandates are smaller like 2x30 the sessions are usually 30 min. There are EI agencies everywhere where do you live

Thanks. I'm in Brooklyn. I'm certified birth -2nd just am unsure if the traveling and that age group is for me... 🤔 I need to figure out something though...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics