Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Warning to H2O wireless customers re 5G

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Mar 07 2022, 6:13 pm
Old phone is not compatible with new 5G so need new phone.

H2O wireless customer service hangs up the phone if you choose the option of canceling service, EVERY TIME YOU CALL after waiting 1/2 hour on hold. Only way to speak to customer service rep over phone is to choose option of calling regarding help with 3G. You need your account number and pin to switch to new service.

I would have stayed with H2O Wireless, but I just bought new phone from dealer in December so I don't want to buy new phone.

Another way of reaching customer service rep with H2O wireless is to message them on Facebook Messenger and wait 2-3 hours. You can get your account number and pin number from customer service on Facebook Messenger.

I truly feel it's dishonest for H2O wireless to automatically hang up on you for wanting to change your service. They did this to me, to our children and all their friends. They are so happy to switch to another company just because of the customer service headaches alone.

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Mar 08 2022, 6:01 pm
Just venting. H2O wireless is playing games and not releasing phone numbers until noon tomorrow. So I still don't have service.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Mar 08 2022, 7:08 pm
I have Cricket. They shut off my phone one day. They did warn us that the phone will not work in a few weeks, but they decided to randomly shut off people's phones earlier.

I ran to the store and they gave out free phones. Its really bad phones. It's only 33 GB. My old phone has 127. I can't load my work Apps.

My daughter has a samsung S9 plus. They assured me that it will work. One day it stopped working. We called Cricket and Samsumg, they had no idea what happened. Seems that Cricket was clueless as to what phones they will support

The store had no phones, so they mailed us a new phone, overnight. It's an old model IPhone. (We didn't want a Motorola or the Samsung I got)

I need a new phone that's functional for my needs, but I am concerned that I may be wasting my money. The move away from 3G was done badly.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Mar 08 2022, 7:09 pm
Very frustrating
My friend had major issues too. Hope yours resolves soon

amother
Mulberry

Post Tue, Mar 08 2022, 7:11 pm
We have tello. Did the same thing.

amother
Salmon  

Post Tue, Mar 08 2022, 8:13 pm
Also having major issues trying to get my number from H20. Online chat never gets a rep. On the phone, after looong wait each time, they say they will send an email with the account number...tried a few times last week, still never got it...

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Mar 08 2022, 8:35 pm
I switched from Cricket to Verizon with 7 lines, because my old phones became useless.

Verizon is insane!

They split the 7 lines into 2 accounts and the headaches are endless.

I miss Cricket, but we all got free phones, so were stuck for a while.

Cricket customer serv was way better than Verizon.

Verizon tells you theyll call back when they rectify the issue, and they never call!!!!!!!

Incompetent Liars!

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Mar 08 2022, 9:52 pm
I have twigby and BH been very happy for a few years already

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Mar 08 2022, 10:19 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Also having major issues trying to get my number from H20. Online chat never gets a rep. On the phone, after looong wait each time, they say they will send an email with the account number...tried a few times last week, still never got it...

okay. so if you call over the weekend or after "real" hours, they will not give you your account number over the phone. They will not email it either bec I called twice on sun and 2 ppl said theyll email it, but they never sent an email.

I called Mon arnd 3:30 and had to wait arnd 40 min but then after verifying me(I had to answer ques about how much I pay? how I pay? etc etc (security)) they then told me theyll text the account number to my number and I told them I cant access it(which was true but now that I think about it, they probably wouldnt have texted it)

so I told her pls tell me the account number now on the phone ...I had to wait another arnd 10 min and then she gave me the account number and pin

when I called I always clicked the option to speak to customer service and clicked option calling about 3g shutdown...it hung up on me few times but then I called back and waited until I got through...I then called back again on mon waited another 40 min bec I needed to make sure the account number was correct(I wanted to see if both reps gave me same accnt number) bec I didnt want problems porting my number out....

but as soon as I explained why I needed the account number, they set my account not to rebill again so be careful bec your number /accnt needs to still be active to port it over

amother
  Salmon

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 9:36 pm
amother [ Skyblue ] wrote:
okay. so if you call over the weekend or after "real" hours, they will not give you your account number over the phone. They will not email it either bec I called twice on sun and 2 ppl said theyll email it, but they never sent an email.

I called Mon arnd 3:30 and had to wait arnd 40 min but then after verifying me(I had to answer ques about how much I pay? how I pay? etc etc (security)) they then told me theyll text the account number to my number and I told them I cant access it(which was true but now that I think about it, they probably wouldnt have texted it)

so I told her pls tell me the account number now on the phone ...I had to wait another arnd 10 min and then she gave me the account number and pin

when I called I always clicked the option to speak to customer service and clicked option calling about 3g shutdown...it hung up on me few times but then I called back and waited until I got through...I then called back again on mon waited another 40 min bec I needed to make sure the account number was correct(I wanted to see if both reps gave me same accnt number) bec I didnt want problems porting my number out....

but as soon as I explained why I needed the account number, they set my account not to rebill again so be careful bec your number /accnt needs to still be active to port it over

Major thank you. My husband has spent so much time trying to deal with this and he finally spoke to them today and convinced them to give him the info over the phone (based on your advice) and I finally have my phone number working again!!!

DustyDiamonds

Post Wed, Mar 09 2022, 9:40 pm
I’m dealing with this with my teen’s phone. What a headache! Thanks for the summary of what you did!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics