Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bathing kids together
1  2  Next

amother  

Post Mon, Dec 31 2007, 11:28 pm
Until which age would you bathe 2 sisters together?

Until which age would you bathe a brother and sister together?

Until which age would your husband bathe your daughter?

amother  

Post Mon, Dec 31 2007, 11:34 pm
Who says anyone does that ?

Mrs. XYZ  

Post Mon, Dec 31 2007, 11:38 pm
2 sisters till about 5-6
sister- brother never did.
husband bathing- never did!

amother  

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 1:37 am
What about 2 brothers?...

I have a four and a nearly 2 year old and I still bathe them together, but I am going to stop soon because the 2 year old, well, is discovering certain "equipment." Wink

amother  

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 9:10 am
what do you think of a father bathing his daughter? What age limit do you think is appropriate?

mimivan

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 9:15 am
amother wrote:
what do you think of a father bathing his daughter? What age limit do you think is appropriate?

Three, I would think, since girls start to learn tznius at that age...

shopaholic  

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 9:29 am
2 sisters - never did but I'd do until 5-6 also, although I remember being 7 or 8 & having a bath with my sis who was 2 years younger

brother & sister - I really have to stop that now that DD is 4 & DS is 3

husband bathing DD - probably until 5-6 because then she'll be able to bathe herself like her older brother did at that age.

nicole81  

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 10:46 am
I bathe my girls together and they're still little, but I can see this going on until they're at least 5 or older. I guess when htey get too big to both be in the tub comfortable it will stop.

I don't have a boy and a girl, but I'd probably stop as soon as they started to notice differences.

like I'll tell you this, and why I'm not posting as amother I have no clue, but anyhow, my husband showers my daughters. it's the easiest thing before work, just to throw them in there with him. about 2 weeks ago my 2 and a half year old pointed to dh's p*nis and said "look, it's daddy's tail!" she did it the next time too, and that was it. no more showers! so I think at this age would also be appropriate to stop bathing with a brother as well.

justanothermother  

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 10:49 am
When my daughter was 18 months and my son 3, she grabbed his private part and tried to bite it. That was it for me. No more bathing together.

shopaholic

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 10:50 am
None of my kids have me undressed since they were about 6 months old. After that time, I don't even get dressed with them in the room. Same goes for DH with the kids.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 10:54 am
The weird layout of our apartment makes for a real lack of privacy, so all of us, at certain times, wind up seeing or being seen in some state of undress. I do remember, like it was yesterday, the day my older kid walked in on me in the bathroom and commented for the first time about my lack of p*nis. I think he felt sorry for me.

gryp

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 11:39 am
We stick all 3 boys in at once. Smile

amother  

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 11:59 am
nicole81 wrote:
I bathe my girls together and they're still little, but I can see this going on until they're at least 5 or older. I guess when htey get too big to both be in the tub comfortable it will stop.

I don't have a boy and a girl, but I'd probably stop as soon as they started to notice differences.

like I'll tell you this, and why I'm not posting as amother I have no clue, but anyhow, my husband showers my daughters. it's the easiest thing before work, just to throw them in there with him. about 2 weeks ago my 2 and a half year old pointed to dh's p*nis and said "look, it's daddy's tail!" she did it the next time too, and that was it. no more showers! so I think at this age would also be appropriate to stop bathing with a brother as well.

please don't take what I am saying as an attack, I am just expressing my thoughts on your little story.
well, why would your DH bath with your DD without any underware on your DH. my husband did bath our DD on occassion, like when I was on bedrest, however he keeps his underware and undershirt on at all times. it would not be exceptable in my family to show off private parts of parents to kids no matter what age they are. my DD is same age as yours.

Ruchel  

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 12:03 pm
My dh sometimes bathe dd (10 months), but he would not bathe with her! Not that he would fit in the baby bathtub anyway... Twisted Evil

mama-star

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 12:23 pm
this is a great question.

I asked my mashpia (years ago) about my husband bathing our girls, and she said until 3. she was careful to stress there were no halachos involved, but just in the interest of tzenua.

I still bathe my girls together, they are 6 and 8. I also bathe my boys together, 4 and 18 mos. I like that I had 2 girls and then 2 boys, it makes things so easy...bathing, hand-me-downs, etc. I hope my next 2 come in a "pair" like that!

Smile

nicole81  

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 1:01 pm
amother wrote:
nicole81 wrote:

please don't take what I am saying as an attack, I am just expressing my thoughts on your little story.
well, why would your DH bath with your DD without any underware on your DH. my husband did bath our DD on occassion, like when I was on bedrest, however he keeps his underware and undershirt on at all times. it would not be exceptable in my family to show off private parts of parents to kids no matter what age they are. my DD is same age as yours.

well because I work until 2 or 3am and sleep only a couple of hours a night so the easiest thing for me to do was pass off the kids into the shower while dh was showering in the morning. it may not make sense to you, but it makes perfect sense to me.

he wasn't giving a bath naked, that's just freaky. but I think it's perfectly harmless to open the shower door and pass a child in for a quick wash off and a shampoo .

momluv

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 1:12 pm
I bathed with my sisters until age 9. I stopped bathing my sister together with my brother when she was 6 and he was 4 1/2. now my 7 year old brother bathes with my 8 year old brother. my dh never bathes my ds though he is only one and I've got no girls yet so that situation isn't applicable.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 1:34 pm
DH bowed out of bathing DD quite early on, no surprise to me.

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 2:57 pm
DH bathing DS or many DS's bathing together doesn't seem strange to me. They all would go to the mikvah together and they aren't exactly dressed there either...

As far as DD...probably until she turned 3 I'd bathe her with DS (2 yrs older)....or until he started to notice differences, whichever came first...
they don't bathe together now bc she just started sitting and I'm afraid he'll tackle her or something...

amother

Post Tue, Jan 01 2008, 3:03 pm
Quote:
When my daughter was 18 months and my son 3, she grabbed his private part and tried to bite it. That was it for me. No more bathing together

lol
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics