Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
To all those that said it’s not true last week..
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 12  13  14  Next

amother
  Plum

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 5:10 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
FTR, I believe the accusation. I'm sure what she's saying is true. My point was that because she's choosing to protect the criminal's anonymity, nothing will change as a result of her post.

No, she's choosing to protect herself from being sued.

cuties' mom

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 5:19 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzlDragldfo
This video names a hospital that starves it's patients.

amother
  Periwinkle  

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 5:56 pm
Here's another one.

We warned you there's proof, you didn't believe.

dancingqueen  

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 6:24 pm
yiddishmom wrote:
Whoever is saying no use in posting these stories because people will continue to bury their head in the sand, I disagree.

Let's keep posting!

Did you really think the virus was killing so many people?? Statistics kept showing that it's not so deathly! I knew from the start that there was something way bigger going on than COVID19.

You really thought it was a good idea to leave patients alone in a hospital?? Did you really think they were gonna get the best care this way?

There are so many stories coming out!

Hashem yishmor!

That’s really not what we’re finding out about this virus. The more that we know, the more virulent covid 19 turns out to be.

https://www.sciencemag.org/new.....Wcy0#

This article also helps explain why those with preexisting conditions, especially heart disease, are at much higher risk.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 6:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And said that it can’t be that they are starving patients...

And another

https://www.facebook.com/sara......9968/

Simple question. Asking honestly

How exactly does getting this video viral change anything??

What exactly is she expecting to accomplish??

amother
Slategray  

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 6:45 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Here's another one.

Did I miss something in this video? Asking honestly.
I expected first-hand Covid experience but he's referring to his memories from the past.

amother
  Khaki  

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 7:02 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Here's another one.

Did you watch this video?

It starts with him complaining about the use of eminent domain to expand Maimo, which he seems to think was done by askanim (whom he blames for lots of things) and eventually gets to talking about Eichlers, the Judaica store. With a lot of rambling in between, but not a single fact about mistreatment of coronavirus patients.

He does mention that ERs are often overcrowded, and that triage requires the doctors to treat the most serious cases first. It’s not clear that he thinks that’s a good thing, but yeah, I kinda understood why my dd’s stitches needed to wait while they treated the people involved in a serious car accident, who could have died. He also complains that patients are not generally fed in the ER. Which makes medical sense. You don’t want them eating if there needs to be emergency surgery. And you don’t want them eating before you know what’s wrong. And absolutely, that’s going to make for hungry cranky people. But given the weeks it takes to starve, clearly not killing anyone.

He also comes up with this bizarre conspiracy theory that Maimo in particular, and other hospitals, want the funds for treating coronavirus patients, but don’t want to treat them, so they’re stocking up on body bags and murdering them. He seems to be saying they did the same thing during Sandy.

Do you seriously consider this proof of anything?

amother
  Khaki  

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 7:21 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
This is really hard to answer.
Anyone remember the two doctors who came forward not long ago to alert the world to the strange, unidentifiable virus killing people at a hospital in Wuhan?
They “died” “of the virus”.
We’re not in China. But she could easily lose her job and maybe she needs to support her family. Maybe she needs to pay rent.
What would you do?

That’s easy.

I would get together all of the information and documentation I had and provide it to state licensing agencies and reporters.

amother
  Khaki  

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 7:30 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
This might be a really dumb question but van you die from hydration/hungry when you’re feed through IV?

No, of course you don’t. But you’re going to lose a ton of weight.

There is a whole protocol for changing IV bags, meds, etc. it involves scanning the hospital bracelet and the bag, and confirming information if the patient is awake. ( no clue what happens in a coma.). This is all registered electronically. I don’t know what is happening now with short staffs, but I seem to recall that a nurse and an aid had to confirm certain meds. So unless you posit a nurse scanning the bracelet and bag then discarding it in order to murder the patient, this would all be in the hospital records.

amother
  Khaki  

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 7:33 pm
crust wrote:
I couldn't care less what your SN is.

I know that one of these three things are true;

1. You don't live in the NY/NJ tristate area.

2. You did not lose a single person in this pandemic.

3. You are not close to a single person that was neglected/mistreated in the NY hospital system.

I live in NY.

I’ve lost too many people.

I was in a NY hospital. My husband was in a NY hospital. I can speak to our experience. I can speak to the experiences of people I know. I can speak to logic.

crust  

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 7:45 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
I live in NY.

I’ve lost too many people.

I was in a NY hospital. My husband was in a NY hospital. I can speak to our experience. I can speak to the experiences of people I know. I can speak to logic.

Let's talk.

I just don't want to post identifying details here.

Please pm me.

dancingqueen  

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 7:45 pm
I just want to caution all of you that it would be REALLY bad optics right now, when all of New York is going out of its way to be very thankful and appreciative of healthcare workers, to make a public outcry against them. It could make all of us look really bad.

crust  

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 7:46 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
I just want to caution all of you that it would be REALLY bad optics right now, when all of New York is going out of its way to be very thankful and appreciative of healthcare workers, to make a public outcry against them. It could make all of us look really bad.

Why can't two realities coexist?

Reality #1. Healthcare workers are the best.

Reality #2. Patients need people next to them.

amother
  Linen  

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 7:54 pm
dancingqueen wrote:

There are good lawyers and crooked lawyers
There are good firemen and sticky fingers fireman
There are good nurses and, I speak from experience, nurses I wouldn't want to meet on a good day
Humans are bteivah part Gdly part animal
Trusting people of any profession blindly is stupid
Would you send your kid to a stupid playgroup if the babysitter asks you to leave her by the door, she'll get her don't worry
I know u wont
Its possible that most maybe 99%of nurses are 100% perfect 100% of the time (unlikely imho) but if you think there's even a remote possibility that there are no nurses here who completely and totally shirk their duties the moment they know they will not be held accountable... illhave what you're having

amother
  Khaki

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 8:03 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
There are good lawyers and crooked lawyers
There are good firemen and sticky fingers fireman
There are good nurses and, I speak from experience, nurses I wouldn't want to meet on a good day
Humans are bteivah part Gdly part animal
Trusting people of any profession blindly is stupid
Would you send your kid to a stupid playgroup if the babysitter asks you to leave her by the door, she'll get her don't worry
I know u wont
Its possible that most maybe 99%of nurses are 100% perfect 100% of the time (unlikely imho) but if you think there's even a remote possibility that there are no nurses here who completely and totally shirk their duties the moment they know they will not be held accountable... illhave what you're having

No one is claiming that there aren’t. There have been doctors who have murdered patients, too.

But you’re not discussing one or two bad staff members here. You’re alleging endemic and purposeful neglect. Failure to feed patients or provide liquids over multiple shifts for multiple days, implicating 4 to 6 nurses and an equal number of aids. Falsifying records to make it appear that patients received IVs that they did not. Falsifying lab results to make it appear that the patient was receiving nutrition, because the lack would clearly show up on the labs.

You’re also alleging not only neglect, but outright murder, with numerous hospitals, doctors, and other medical professionals purposefully withholding treatments, under the directions of the hospital administration, because they make more money (allegedly) on dead bodies.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 8:16 pm
dancingqueen wrote:

So we should worry more about protecting your feelings rather than make sure our parents don’t starve and die out of neglect! Got it. Banging head

amother
  Burlywood  

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 8:22 pm
How often do patients get labs done, honestly? When my DDs were in the hospital for several days, labs were drawn ONCE on intake. Not daily to check for dehydration or nutrition. And despite exhorting me to save diapers to check for fluid output, they didn't bother weighing them every time.

This was a good hospital, and I was very happy with the care. But it's not hard to imagine how a patient that is supposedly conscious and "should" be feeding and drinking themselves could be neglected. And just as COVID fatalities are higher with pre-existing conditions, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to call severe dehydration and partial starvation to be a pre-existing condition.

amother
Turquoise  

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 8:56 pm
My grandfather was taken in to Maimonides with a bacterial infection. At first they said there is no hope and gave him 24 hours to live. The next morning, his body responded to antibiotics and he opened his eyes and was alert. They said they will put in a feeding tube but when he pulled it out as they were working on him, they gave up. He was scared and alone and had no idea what they were doing to him. They said they are too busy to try again. He died a day later. total neglect. They starved him to death.

amother
  Turquoise

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 9:00 pm
My uncle was in Maimonides with COVID-19. He kept asking for his breakfast and it never came. Then they said breakfast is no longer being served. They promised that it wouldn't happen again. They are neglecting patients.

amother
  Blush  

Post Sun, Apr 26 2020, 9:22 pm
dancingqueen wrote:

You can have both
Protect and advocate for patients
Be grateful to staff

Who else but us I’d doing this daily.
Bikur cholim Lakewood:
Today’s menu we delivered... .
20 chicken platters to Cornell Hospital together with SYNC
300 chocolate bars and 200 snacks to Kimball Hospital
300 chocolate bars and 200 snacks to Monmouth Medical Center
300 chocolate bars and 200 bags of snack to RWJ
300 chocolates and 200 bags of snack to Ocean Medical Center
300 chocolates and 200 bags of snacks to JSUMC