Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Should I cancel my ticket? (fear of corona)
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 12:04 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Interesting that this is forecast to become widespread at the time all Jews are deep cleaning for pesach. Bleach nullifies chometz and this virus.
Wishing everyone a happy healthy kasher pesach.

I was just thinking this! It can't possible survive pesach cleaning. And also, they do predict that it's harder for the virus to survive in warm weather (as with other coronaviruses and respiratory illnesses). Just in time for Pesach.

avocado7  

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 12:32 pm
Newmami wrote:
I'm supposed to be flying to IL for purim. I have small baby.
should I cancel?
I'm getting really freaked out about Coronavirus.

I would cancel for sure.
Don't evan look for travel guide on Coronavirus in your area from your government.
It's very contagious .

Last edited by avocado7 on Mon, Mar 02 2020, 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

avocado7  

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 12:38 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
Corona-wise Israel is probably the safest place to be. However, at the rate we’re going pretty soon many flights into Israel will be canceled. The health ministry is calling on Israelis not to leave the country and to cancel international conferences here. There is talk of restricting enterence to foreigners. We’re thinking of going on a family trip to the US in the spring. Haven’t bought tickets yet and now I don’t know if we should.

I would cancel any trips. It's a terrible pandemic. In 50 countries.
including Israel had 100 victims
(2 weeks ago ) got hit with the virus.

avocado7  

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 12:55 pm
happyone wrote:
I'd wear a mask , use lots of Purell, and wipe down tray table, seatbelts and other areas. I'd avoid the restroom as much as you can.

I totally disagree
they notified these passengers on a flight next to a Corona virus victim.
3 rows in front and 3 rows back and to both sides of you. (I think was wrong it should have been the whole flight)
How many people are sick & untested.Presbyterian hospital NY don't have test kits available at moment (March 2nd 2020) but they are isolating suspicious patients.
Risks are around us all. (hv)
All touched Surfaces are active from the virus for 3 days.
Yes I would for sure cancel any flight trips.

avocado7  

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 1:03 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
Corona-wise Israel is probably the safest place to be. However, at the rate we’re going pretty soon many flights into Israel will be canceled. The health ministry is calling on Israelis not to leave the country and to cancel international conferences here. There is talk of restricting enterence to foreigners. We’re thinking of going on a family trip to the US in the spring. Haven’t bought tickets yet and now I don’t know if we should.

I would cancell for sure don't take chances.please

avocado7

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 1:06 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Jet blue let’s you cancel plans in the next two weeks if u change mind about flying

My advice is Please.don't travel.

amother
Orchid  

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 9:56 pm
Just canceled a trip from Israel to the US. Cant take any chances of being quarantined when I get back. The health ministry is urging everyone not to travel and we need to follow. If I was the cause of someone getting sick I would never forgive myself.

amother
  Salmon

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 10:14 pm
At the moment I would cancel any trip except for one going to Israel.
B'hatzlocha

Teomima  

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 6:07 am
avocado7 wrote:
I would cancel any trips. It's a terrible pandemic. In 50 countries.
including Israel had 100 victims
(2 weeks ago ) got hit with the virus.

Um, I'm sorry but can you do your research before spreading dangerous rumors and lies?
Israel has had, as of today (March 3rd), precisely 12 people diagnosed with the virus.
https://t.me/s/MOHreport?before=2758

amother
  Orchid

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 8:04 am
https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-S.....19608

Mollie  

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 9:12 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE/Israel-could-consider-placing-US-travelers-to-Israel-under-quarantine-619608

Geez, the over reaction is getting worse and worse. You all know that since the flu season started a few months ago 16,000 Americans have died from it?? By all means take precautions but this is definitely being overblown by the social media world we live in today

In addition, the health ministry said this story is false

Teomima

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 9:28 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE/Israel-could-consider-placing-US-travelers-to-Israel-under-quarantine-619608

If you read beyond the headline, the next line completely negates the headline.

icebreaker

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 9:36 am
We have our whole Pesach planned for Israel. Tickets, hotel, etc. We are still going, but I am keeping an eye on new developments.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 10:15 am
If you are planning to travel to israel, make sure that your stopover country does not necessitate a quarantine.

amother
  Papaya  

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 10:19 am
Fifty year old has it from young isreal of new Rochelle sar school day is closed and wds school is closed

amother
Lilac  

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 12:31 pm
We planning to fly to Boston for Purim. Just my husband and I. I’m so nervous. I don’t know if to cancel.

amother
  Lilac

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 3:46 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
We planning to fly to Boston for Purim. Just my husband and I. I’m so nervous. I don’t know if to cancel.

Bump

Mollie

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 4:11 pm
Go and enjoy

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 4:15 pm
Mollie wrote:
Geez, the over reaction is getting worse and worse. You all know that since the flu season started a few months ago 16,000 Americans have died from it?? By all means take precautions but this is definitely being overblown by the social media world we live in today

In addition, the health ministry said this story is false

I'm so tired of people, including the president of the United States, comparing flu to coronavirus and getting their facts wrong.
As of January 2020 the CDC reported 13 million cases of flu and 6600 flu-related deaths.
Less than one out of a thousand people who get the flu will die. This winter it's a little more than one out of two thousand.
More than two people out of a hundred who get sick with coronavirus die. Some scientists are now saying the number is more than 3 out of a hundred, some are reporting even higher death rates.
The chances of a person dying of the flu are tiny compared to the chance of death from coronavirus. As the virus spreads unchecked all over the world we know there will be more deaths. There is no vaccine and no cure. Nobody is sure yet how the virus is spread. Nobody knows how long the incubation period or when people start shedding virus so we may have healthy people walking around infecting others all over the place.
This isn't overblown by the media. These are facts.

Raisin  

Post Thu, Mar 05 2020, 5:49 pm
icebreaker wrote:
We have our whole Pesach planned for Israel. Tickets, hotel, etc. We are still going, but I am keeping an eye on new developments.

As far as I understand, the current rule in Israel is that if you come from another country, you can't attend any gathering of more then 100 people. So if you are at a seder with 150 people, you may have an issue. My friends cancelled their trip to Israel for a wedding for this reason. They can go to Israel, but not the wedding.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics